Ark: Survival Evolved Now a Windows 10 Crossplay Title

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
I know a lot of people have been playing or have played Ark: Survival Evolved so it's worth noting that you can now get it for Windows 10 and crossplay with your Xbox friends. However, if you're like me and purchased this title on Steam then you aren't getting crossplay capability. Whether it's worth an additional purchase or not is completely subjective. Enjoy riding those dinos with your Xbox friends! Thanks, cageymaru.

With the release of Windows 10, comes a new exciting feature: CrossPlay (cross-platform online multiplayer)! Whether it's playing on Xbox from the comfort of your sofa with a controller in hand, or at your Windows 10 Gaming Desktop, survivors with this Play Anywhere title can take advantage of CrossPlay and live on the ARK with their tribe across both platforms. You'll be able to tame, harvest, and dominate with each other!

Poor Xbox friends don't get to use artificial aiming with it. That games supported list is so handy for games not to buy. The only games that get a reprieve are those with good single player.

Cross-Buy, is THE reason to get a game on the Microsoft Store.

This is why i cant stand live tiles. My start menu advertised this to me this morning via the store live tile flipping.. MS refuses to put in a 'disable all live tiles' function in the main UI.

So this would be like, what, maybe 10 Ark PC players that accidentally bought the game in the Windows Store because they somehow were unaware of steam?
Yeah that's the shitty thing about this crossplay with xbox. Yeah, it'd be cool for some PC games and console games to allow their players to play together...

Except it's the marketplace hardly anyone uses so even though there is crossplay, there's no one to play with. I get it, it's Microsoft pushing their own store but most PC gamers aren't going to give enough of a shit for years.

Yeah that's the shitty thing about this crossplay with xbox. Yeah, it'd be cool for some PC games and console games to allow their players to play together...

Except it's the marketplace hardly anyone uses so even though there is crossplay, there's no one to play with. I get it, it's Microsoft pushing their own store but most PC gamers aren't going to give enough of a shit ever.

FTFY

Back