ARK: Survival Evolved Faces An Unexpected Delay

monkeymagick

[H]News
Some potentially bad news for fans of ARK:Survival Evolved. Announced by developer Studio Wildcard, the game has been delayed from its planned launch of August 8 and pushed to the end of the month on August 29 as certification took longer than expected. The game is releasing as a final product from its Early Access state and will be priced at $59.99. A big update named Ragnarok was expected sometime in August, but is now scheduled for August 29 also allowing more time for the developers to increase its size.

"Over the next few weeks, you will see a lot of priority placed on the PC and multiplayer versions of the game," added Jat, "now that we're completely wrapped up with our gold master. We are planning some immediate patches to take care of community concerns, as well as some mid-month goals and more going forward."

"It turns out our market research suggests that if we're doubling the price of the game, we should fix the bugs. This results in a delay."

double? I think the two copies I purchased on Steam were $10 or $12. It is a buggy mess, but on the right server, it can be a fun buggy mess.

This game pulled me away from WoW.

Game price higher than framerate
Didn't Minecraft do the same thing when it left beta? Though only doubling instead of tripling. But as they say, Ya snooze, Ya lose!

This must be for the pitiful Console players as the PC price is already 59 and we have had Ragnarock since 3rd of june.

I thought I already bought this game. Then I remembered how swiftly I asked for a refund.

I'm really am interested in buying this game (I like open world sandboxes) but got scared away with all the reports of FPS issues and the seeming lack of developer interest in correcting them.

Waiting on better FPS. Waiting on DX12. Waiting on better online server performance. LAN server works plenty well though.

All that effort and greed and then Dark and Light comes out with better polish, better mechanics, better environment and costing less. Ark is for chumps.

Legit question, what is the price for those of us in early access that paid $30 or so, iirc? It's the only game I'm aware of that is pre-order early access that I bought, so I'm new to the whole early access thing in general. I was thinking about doing PUBG as well, but have no idea how that works once it's "real".

Last edited by a moderator:
Legit question, what is the price for those of us in early access that paid $30 or so, iirc? It's the only game I'm aware of that is pre-order early access that I bought, so I'm new to the whole early access thing in general. I was thinking about doing PUBG as well, but have no idea how that works once it's "real".

whatever you buy it for now...is whatever you pay.... you own it, nothing more is charged, that said, there may be micro transactions added, or paid dlc.... in case of ark.... I paid 19 for scorched earth, 19 for game....everything else I got so far has been free

pubg has rumors of microtransactions coming, doesn't mean you have to partake in them, and mostly will be cosmetic items

as far as any fps concerns, eh.... its so so..... i7 gtx 1070, depending on settings.... 30..... 75......maybe more.... that's from ultra to modified... high...

honestly the only FPS issues ive ever experienced has been related to online...where you have 100-200 ppl each with 6 billion structures or pillars.... ruins it...

offline, or even lan/personal server with a few people...could be ok

pubg has its issues as well.... but its being steadily worked on, First person only servers coming, to get around ppl abusing third person camping, a fov slider coming so we can fix that atrocious first person fov we current have, 2 new maps coming, one a desert like environment, one a tropical like island... desert big, island small....

tis all I have to offer.

thanks dude. so i won't have to buy the game when it hits full retail.. and i have scorched earth already so neat.

double? I think the two copies I purchased on Steam were $10 or $12. It is a buggy mess, but on the right server, it can be a fun buggy mess.

Yea this was definitely a bit crazy of them to try to pull. People I know having been playing it on their own server for a while, and it works well enough that way. I was waiting for a sale on the game, and missed out by a couple of hours on the last $12 sale just before Steam's summer sale. Then I went to look again and noticed they now want $60 for something I was going to pick up for $12... Even leaving the debate about it being worth their asking price, you're going to exile a lot of people asking 5x what they could have picked the game up for a couple weeks prior. This game has since been removed from my wish list because this is certainly not acceptable.

With Minecraft I'm pretty sure they always advertised the full price of the game as 20 EU or something like that, and then you could pick it up for 1/2 off at certain times during pre release. But when the game released Minecraft didn't double their asking price to 40EU, it was always positioned as a 20EU game. As far as I know Ark would show as a $30 game when not on sale, so doubling that price when the game hits release is not something that I've seen before.

Back