Argh! Case too small! I am in need of aid!

KingThot

Gawd
Ok so I'm trying to put together a loop in my V1000 and things are not working out. So basically I think I've finally got it figured out but its a pretty bizarre loop. First off I have my BIP3 mounted sideways using a radbox which is kind of funky, second as things are currently setup I'm going to have to use a hole saw on acrylic which I'm not sure if that's kosher or not. Here's some potenital loops I rigged up tell me your thoughts/critques/reason why I'm a n00b.

My first loop idea:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/KingThot/NBLoop.jpg

Please ignore the swapped inlets/outlets on this one :rolleyes:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/KingThot/CPUGPULoop.jpg

Alternative:
And this one
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/KingThot/Altern.jpg

that is a big case.... I have a BIP240+innovatek 120.1 rads laing DCC, TDX, Maze4 and a nf4 chipset block with tline and fill port.... in a lian li PC-7b....

You might want to reread the manual on the D5. You've got serious trouble ahead if you build the loop as illustrated. :p :eek:

nonlnear said:
You might want to reread the manual on the D5. You've got serious trouble ahead if you build the loop as illustrated. :p :eek:

As I was saying, the in/out ports on your sketch are backwards. The way it's drawn you'll be pupmping straight into the reservoir. That'll pretty much kill the pressure to the loop. Bad mojo.

edit: nm I missed the edit to the first post. Sorry for getting pedantic.

I've been trying to figure a sensible way to route everything in a cleaner manner, and the thing that keeps stumping me is why you've got two loops. The BIP3 can handle everything you've got, and if sound is a major concern, then getting rid of a pump is always good - on top of having one less part to fail, (slightly) less power draw, etc.

Would you like to mount everything internally? Would you mind if the radiator blocked part (or most) of the window? If so, do you have a non-windowed side panel you could use instead (and maybe put a smaller window in, along with a hole for the radiator)?

I can't help but think a BIP3 externally on a radbox has got to look funky. Like some strange reincarnation of a B-26.

nonlnear said:
I've been trying to figure a sensible way to route everything in a cleaner manner, and the thing that keeps stumping me is why you've got two loops. The BIP3 can handle everything you've got, and if sound is a major concern, then getting rid of a pump is always good - on top of having one less part to fail, (slightly) less power draw, etc.

Would you like to mount everything internally? Would you mind if the radiator blocked part (or most) of the window? If so, do you have a non-windowed side panel you could use instead (and maybe put a smaller window in, along with a hole for the radiator)?

I can't help but think a BIP3 externally on a radbox has got to look funky. Like some strange reincarnation of a B-26.

I think you maybe right about consoidating into a single loop.

Can you explain what you mean my mounting the rad in the side of the case? I don't mind if the rad makes the window partially blocked.

KingThot said:
I think you maybe right about consoidating into a single loop.

Can you explain what you mean my mounting the rad in the side of the case? I don't mind if the rad makes the window partially blocked.

A couple questions:

How tall is the upper compartment?
How much clearance is there between the video card (and other cards) and the window panel?
How thick is the rad/fans assembly? (I think it's 50mm.)
The radiator dimensions are 397 x 133 x 25 mm, right?
How far is it from the (inside) top of the case to the top of the PSU?

What I was thinking was having the radiator standing as if it's screwed into the window panel. That's the best way to communicate its position, but in practice you wouldn't want to actually do that - unless the panel had some nice heavy duty hinges on it. We can toss around detailed positioning and mounting options when there are some more detailed measurements to play with.

Back