aRGB leads outside of case

Melvang

n00b
I am wanting to install an aRGB light strip on the outside of my case. I have the led strip, and requisite motherboard header and software (Asus Strix X570-E). What don't have is a clean method for getting the lead to the outside of my case.

I do not want to cut a hole for a couple reasons. Does anyone make a PCI slot cover with this connection for pass-through?

You could likely just drill the hole yourself in a PCIe slot cover.
That's what I would do.

You could likely just drill the hole yourself in a PCIe slot cover.
That's what I would do.
A round hole would cut the spot cover in half, and I don't want to spend that much time with a file. Plus, I don't want to deal with grommets to prevent cutting.

Debating on making a pair of adapter cables and mounting some RCA jacks on a PCI cover. I know those fit.

Just cut off the small end of the slot cover, sand the metal so it doesn’t stab you, and run the cable through the hole.

Just cut off the small end of the slot cover, sand the metal so it doesn’t stab you, and run the cable through the hole

If I was going to do that, I would just leave the cover off. But that isn't what I want.

Don't know how wide RGB cable are (RGB is not my thing) but some cases have vented expansion slot covers I would get one with slots not the metal fan grille style type just pass you cable through that and cut some slots off if needed.

I'd just leave the cover off unless the back of my pc was visible. No big deal.

Back