Areca 1882 not working with newly ESXi 7.0

Operations

n00b
Does anybody know a way to use an Areca 1882 with ESXi 7.0? Upgraden doesn't work you will receive an error:

[DependencyError]
VIB areca_bootbank_scsi-arcmsr_1.40.00.09-1OEM.550.0.0.1331820 requires vmkapi_2_2_0_0, but the requirement cannot be satisfied within the ImageProfile.
VIB areca_bootbank_scsi-arcmsr_1.40.00.09-1OEM.550.0.0.1331820 requires com.vmware.driverAPI-9.2.2.0, but the requirement cannot be satisfied within the ImageProfile.
Please refer to the log file for more details.

The easiest way would be for Areca to build a driver for ESXi 7.0, does anyone know if it is likely that Areca will create a driver for ESXi 7.0 for the 1882 series? Since Areca isn't the best when it comes to drivers, i kinda doubt it... Which is a shame really, The Broadcom 9361 (sort of the direct alternative for an 1882) has gotten a new driver within a couple of days after the release of ESXi 7.0.

Normally i would say i am really fond of Areca, but when it comes to drivers...

This will take a driver fix from Areca, unfortunately. The 1882 (really, none of the Arecas) are on the 7.0 HCL for vSphere.

I would guess they will get one eventually. They bothered to have their current version of their drivers certified with ESXi 6.7 Update 3, so I imagine they'll take the necessary steps if they want to keep selling the hardware. 7.0 is only 11 days old, and COVID is a thing, so maybe give it a minute.

Of course i will wait :) But looking at Broadcom it is possible to already have the driver ready. You could be right maybe it will only take a couple of days.

Areca likely has to wait on Broadcom anyways. Their controllers are LSI/Broadcom based, so they probably have to wait on LSI for their basic drivers that they then customize for their implementation.

Back