Votes: 94 64.4%
  • No. I OWN ONE!

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I do NOT own a Wii.

Votes: 42 28.8%

• Total voters

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
Only respond if you own one, no hypothetical "well I wouldn't be if I did have one!" responses please. If not, tell why.

Well, I bought it just yesterday. So far I like it, but as I was thinking before I got it: what's the long-term plan? I'm a bit skeptical of what's on the horizon for this thing...
But again, I'm enjoying Wii Sports quite a bit but I need to get my hands on another Wiimote and Nunchuk to truly have fun with people, and Twilight Princess before I can really answer this poll.

I love the thing. So far I've got Twilight Princess and of course Wii Sports, along with Super Mario 64 and Gunstar Heroes. I'm having a blast, and I can't wait to start renting games after Christmas.

I've played the Wii extensively at friend's place's and have been quite pleased.

I got one for Christmas, and have been playing Trauma Center like there's no tommorow.

Overall - Very pleased.

Only had mine a few days now but I love it. I am so sore from playing Wii sports it's not even funny. I didn't realize I was that out of shape. Zelda is pretty badass as well.

I've spent more time on the web, and messing around than actually playing games.

On the flip side I've played Red Steel more than Zelda....Zelda starts too slow.

Yup, it's okay. The graphics are a definite eyesore, but it can be fun to play stuff like Wii sports. While the controller and interface are nifty, I'd rather the price been $400 and the graphics been on par with the other 2 consoles. That's just for now, though. If it's supposedly as strong as the first Xbox, hopefully we'll see something on the level of Ninja Gaiden soon.
I don't think we'll really know how good the Wii is or isn't for a while...much like the PS3.

Got mine on launch day, played it to death for about a week or so, but havent really touched it since then. The release schedule isnt looking too hot right now either, so I might end up selling it and then buying another later when theres more good games for it. Was kind of an impulse purchase anyways.

After last night at the the in-laws, i'm tempted to say this is the best $250 i've ever spent. Hooked it up to the 52" Panasonic HDTV at 2pm and had to just about pistol-whip bitches 11 hours later when it was time to pack things up. Everyone from the great-grandparents to the 5 year olds were totaly tearing it up in Wii Sports all night. That and i'd say Nintendo probably got at least 4 more systems sold out of that little gathering. Even the too-cool-for-that-kiddie-Nintendo-stuff-PS3FTW! 15 year old was fighting for another turn by about 4pm, Heh.

Yeah, I'm satisfied with it. And just from us having people over, they all want one now: 30+ year old moms and dads who haven't gamed since the SNES days. That's 10 families who are going to/have gotten a Wii.

My sister liked it so much that she's thinking of getting one (36 years old) for the family. AND she wants to get a DSLite now.

Nintendo really nailed it with this one.

Been very happy with it so far. Only issues are the lack of controllers(they are hard to find). Been playing zelda, excite truck, and wii sports. Just picked up metal slug the other day for some old school action. Can't wait for a bunch of games that have been anounced for it like wario ware, mario party, smash brothers, etc.

My dad has probably played more than I have, and I've put about 40 hours into Zelda and have Gold medals and one platinum on most of the Wii Sports minigames. He's absolutely in love with Golf, Bowling, and Tennis. And this is someone who hasn't played videogames regularly since the NES days.

I wasn't happy with the Wii on a large screen but I sold it to a friend for their kids. It looks a lot better on a 21" tv than it does on a 51". Zelda actually looked playable. Funny thing is the kid has a Gamecube with like 30 games and loves it. He played the Wii for a few minutes then went back to the Gamecube. He usually sits really close to the tv and even with adjusting the position of the sensor bar couldn't get it to work right. He plays with the controller resting on his legs and usually with his knees bent so his feet are on the chair. Sitting like that the Wiimote wouldn't pick up light from the sensor bar so it didn't work. I guess maybe with time he'll get used to it but probably only for virtual console games like sonic, though he already has all of those purchased on disc for the Gamecube. Oh well, hopefully he'll have a lot more fun with it than I did.

i love my wii, controls are great, awesome family system, fun games, great misc. features, like the weather and internet. also mii's are fun too!

I think the common thread of people who are super happy with their Wii's seem to be sharing it with family and casual gamers who might never mess with one again. I think a lot of the Wii's appeal is that someone who doesn't game can have a blast with it for a few hours with no effort. But...will those people keep caring in the long term? I'm curious if this is due to the novelty of it and whether people will still be playing with grandma a year from now. Wii Sports is a blast for the first few days, but after a few days and especially weeks, it wears thin.

Definitely happy with it.. ;D

But Trauma Center is fucking hard... god damn.

Wii has been a great hit. I played golf with my dad for many hours. He has not played a game with me since the atari 2600. My stepdad and stepbrother also loved the wii golf. I took it over to my aunt and uncles house and all the people there were way into watching not one, but two football games on TV. When I finally managed to get it set up in my cousin's room, all kinds of people were in there watching, they were very interested. But there was no longer enough time to everyone to play. Their loss.

Overall I think Nintendo completely nailed this one. Everyone loves this system, gamers and non-gamers alike.

Very happy with mine, bought it as a 'fun' secondary system to complement my PC.

Makes a nice change from PC gaming and the graphics look good enough for me.

had a wii for about a week now. been a blast with the family over the past couple of days. i have rayman an wii sports. however i only feel like ill play the fitness game every day. there needs to be more games in 2007. novelty has worn off a bit now. you dont have enough control over the characters in tennis or baseball. the price of the console seems a bit steep imo (£230 with 2 controllers.) it seems like a rehoused gamecube with a new controller and wifi and an sd slot. i think the virtual console is expensive aswell(£8 for a 15 year old game) ill be keeping the system as i want the best of all worlds. the potential is huge, but i hope the game developers dont take the piss. overall after the short honeymoon period im dissapointed.

I got the Wii on launch day and I've loved it. Sports is great fun if you are trying to play with people who aren't gamers. Zelda was amazing. Red Steel was pretty meh. It had its moments, but difficulty spikes and sword fights which exceeded the ability of the controls to react really marred it. Excite Truck is great, and just a blast to play with friends. Trauma Center makes great use of the Wiimote, but it stresses me out a bit. I guess I get too into it. Raving Rabbids was great when I played it, but to be honest I haven't touched it much with friends in favor of Sports or Excite Truck.

Overall I couldn't be more pleased.

I got one about two weeks ago and couldn't be happier, even though the WiiMote that came with the system started malfunctioning. Nintendo did a good job of getting me a new one within the week.

ryuen said:
Very happy with mine, bought it as a 'fun' secondary system to complement my PC.

Makes a nice change from PC gaming and the graphics look good enough for me.

I guess I kinda bought it as a secondary system to my PC. However, I haven't touched a PC game since I got the Wii a month ago. Other consoles tech specs don't impress me at all, I can get more impressive graphics from my midrange comp. It's the actual innovation that attracted me to the Wii. Also, it's been so cold recently that I have spent a lot of time just sitting around in bed :p Zelda is a lot of fun for that.

lol @ the "kiddie" comments. Every single console ever made has been marketed towards children, but the Wii is the first console I have ever seen older people take an interest in.

Devnull said:
I guess I kinda bought it as a secondary system to my PC. However, I haven't touched a PC game since I got the Wii a month ago. Other consoles tech specs don't impress me at all, I can get more impressive graphics from my midrange comp. It's the actual innovation that attracted me to the Wii.

Thats exactly what I did. The 360 or PS3 in my opinion are only alternatives to a PC if you don't want to learn/gave up tweaking your PC system. The 360 and PS3 are really just nerfed PCs, but that works just fine for someone who wants plug and play gaming.

The Wii however compliments any other system perfectly. I've been enjoying my Wii ever since launch day with Zelda, COD3, Wii Sports, and Trauma Center. The GC backwards compatibility is such an awesome bonus to get caught up with all the games I never played before.

Yeah, the GC compatibility is cool. I got RE4, excellent game. I'm now playing Lego Star wars... It's alright so far. I might have to rent COD3, is it actually good? I do have trauma center, but haven't played yet.

Devnull said:
Yeah, the GC compatibility is cool. I got RE4, excellent game. I'm now playing Lego Star wars... It's alright so far. I might have to rent COD3, is it actually good? I do have trauma center, but haven't played yet.

COD 3 is a great game, simply because it's fucking awesome to play with the wiimote. There is definitely a learning curve (I'm a PC gamer), but it is just way more satisfying to aim and pop people in the face; there's even a bit of a sense of accomplishment when you get better. Obviously the graphics aren't great (although it isn't a hardware limitation; they could have done better), but it is definitely the controls that make it worth the playtime.

However, I would only ever tell someone to rent it because it has no multiplayer. As usual, in order to get the title out the door for launch day, they didn't bother to include even split screen (wtf, even Red Steel had split screen) which is a bummer and kills the replayability. So in the end, it's a good game, but you don't have much of a reason to re-experience it later.

Back