Are you playing any "old school" games?

Most definitely, Syndicate is one of my all-time favorites.

I wish the old Bullfrog team were still around to give us great games. I also miss the Magic Carpet games, those were a blast and very different.

I wish I still had my media for Syndicate. I think I still have my stuff for Magic Carpet II. How are you running these? Straight XP or DOSbox/similar?

HUGE Bullfrog fan, hmmm wonder where my Populous stuff is at?

whiped out the sega master system this weekend and played some alex the kid, alien syndrome, Penguin Land, after burner, amazon adventure, astro warrior. mickey mouse, Choplifter, Double Dragon, and killed dark falz in Phantasy star.........the good ole days.

Once in the blue moon, I play with the original mechwarrior and team fortress classic.

Amazingly, i have my syndicate + cd still..Thought it was looooong gone. :)

I wish I still had my media for Syndicate. I think I still have my stuff for Magic Carpet II. How are you running these? Straight XP or DOSbox/similar?

HUGE Bullfrog fan, hmmm wonder where my Populous stuff is at?

It runs on DOSbox like a champ. Not a single issue. Underdogs has it available (if you own it of course).

I wanna play some Tribes 2... not really old-school but shit that game was fun when it came out...

It was funny, I was playing the Tribes 1 Demo off fileplanet and was like "man this game is kinda fun" and I went to the store "Just Released Tribes 2" "oh... I'll buy that!" hah.

Didn't even know it existed... I played Tribes 2 a ridiculous amount too... wild-cat running people over, skiing (wasn't the best)... just an overall fun game imo... Looked pretty nice on high settings... (at the time)

Bah... I may install that, or Tribes Vengeance...

fallout 2, because it was already installed, for some reason.

and also the warcraft 3 and expansion campaigns... which i never got around to before.

Actually, I play UT99 quite a bit - just played it last night. Other than that, I mess around with some older shooters from time to time (Blood, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem' 3d, Dark Forces II...) and also some old RPG's (Might & Magic VI, Fallout, Planescape, Arx Fatalis, Wizardry 8, Gothic...) There is nothing wrong with older games - a game with nice artwork will always look nice, no matter how many new DX versions are released...

I'm starting to play The Longest Journey. I didn't finish it before and I'm trying to get through it. I bought it off Steam yesterday because the steam version actually runs in Vista x64 for me.

The only 2 "old school" games I've been playing recently is MK2 and Gauntlet 2 on my PS3. Being able to play them both online is a lot of fun... I grew up with these 2 games... I can remember spending tons of tokens at Chucky Cheese trying to beat Gauntlet 2 :)

As for PC... If CS counts as a "old school" game... thats all I really play these days. :D

I was playing some pretty old games not too long ago.

Pirates
Transport Tycoon
Theme Park
Life or Death (anyone remember this one?:D )

I'm still an avid Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory player. Not sure how "old school" that is considered though.

I played Oregon Trail on my Apple II+ last night...kidding.

Actually started up Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regreat last weekend on my oldest PC. Those games were flat out great.

StarCraft
Unreal Tournament
Minesweeper :)
trying to play the ol DC but missing the video cable to hook it up

zelda 2, i'm at the lava section of the map, it's really hard... not sure if i care to beat it :(

I haven't been playing a ton of games lately, but I'm in the middle of:

Old PC:
Ultima VII: Serpent Isle
Ultima IX: Ascension (some people don't like it, and the voice acting is terrible, but it really is a fun game when you get it all working right)
System Shock I and II (this is a regular thing for me, I play both of them yearly)

Old Console:
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSX/Saturn (I have both versions))
Castlevania Rondo of Blood (TG16/PCEngine)

I also play any number of old console games via emulation, but I'm not in the middle of any particular one right now.

I've been busting a move on GL Quake on my local ISP server with some homies.

Still the most fun online. Dogfight in a P51, bail out and jump in a tank. Take a jeep for a nice ride. Got the juice to play the new BF's, but 42 is a blast!

Go back to 42 and die like good Germans! :cool:

Back