Are you guys happy or regret the cooler you have?

Regret.

Got a Thermalright Ultima-90 but coulda gotten the Ultra 120 Extreme for like $5 more if I have looked a little harder :(

I liked my scythe mine when I had aircooling, but I'm very happy with my Dtek Fuzion and EK FC88 I have now.

Whatcha got?

Gigabye rocket cooler, 3800 toledo core X2 socket 939.

it idles about 5-10c above ambient regardless if the fan is barely on, or screaming. With cpu burn-in running both cores, it climbs right on past 60c regardless of fan speed. When I had the 3000+ winchester-core, the fan didnt need to be on unless I had vmware working hard, the PSU fan was enough to keep it reasonable.

Am I happy with it? Good enough is still good, as sun's advertisement once said. Clogged full of dust or not, this thing works fine on the low fan speed setting, and I dont have to listen to a whiney fan. I really dont care about temps, as long as nothing catches fire I really do not care.

Yeah it might shorten the life, but then again my 1U server with a PII celeron runs at nearly 70C, and the damn thing is about 8 years past the point of being useless for all but solitare.

I like my cooler (Tuniq Tower), but i'd rather have the ultra-120 eXtreme. I was in a hurry when i got my cooler (just hours before i went to DreamHack), so i didn't have the time to find a store that sold the ultra-120.

The cooler performs quite well, cools my CPU good enough to allow me to overclock it to 3,2 ghz (E6320) without any heat problems (about 50 C @load).
I'm happy :) ;)

I went from a zalman 9700 to an Ultra 120 extreme and it was like switching from 2.53 ghtz northwood to my qx6700. Very happy. The 9700 just could not cool my overclocked quad the way the Ultra can.

Sunbeam Silent Whisper (SW-CR-775): I'm happy with it, recognizing I got it as a budget cooler. I'm planning to upgrade to another affordable cooler, probably the Kingwin RVT-12025. The Sunbeam will then be redeployed to my son's P4 computer (replacing the LOUD stock Intel cooler).

Lovin the Thermalright ultra 120 on M3A w/ x2 6400 Idle at 30-31 full load 40-41 x 1 hour. Big honker though, spring screws hard to install.

I'm a little disappointed in my Ultra 120 Extreme, but I'm beginning to think that low static pressure on my fan is the problem rather than the heatsink mounting - which would make it not the heatsink itself's fault.

Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro

$19.99 w/ Free Shipping

I'm happy with my cooler..

i'm running @ stock now around 26C :D

Tuniq Tower 120, no regrets. The non-led version was a lot cheaper than the TRUE -and- included a fan. OC results as detailed in my sig, with idle temps in the mid 20s-30s and load temps in the mid 50s-60s (load under prime95...doesn't seem to even touch 50 during Crysis/Bioshock/COD4 etc.)

love my gemin II. the only real reason why is because it actually fits in my sugo 03 and it was free... e6320 @ 3.2Ghz 31C - 51C. funny thing is that when i'm at full load gaming my cpu runs cooler a little above 40C (because my psu pulls more air and hence cools my heatsink better). my noctua nh-u9 worked awesome too, but it just can't fit into an matx case.

I am loving my TRU 120 E, it keeps my q6600 in check up to 3.6ghz. The only way I see myself upgrading would be to go to a water setup but as of right now I am happy.

I am also very happy with the Accelero S1 for my 8800GT, it dropped the idle temps 15c and load temps over 25c. I am disappointed with the 8800GT tho, the memory just doesn't like to OC as well as I had hoped even with good cooling.

AC Freezer 7Pro, no regrets at all. Only cost $12 fron newegg and took my E6550 to 3.5G.

Scythe Mugen for $27 shipped makes me as happy as can be. The Tuniq Tower and TRUE look better, but I can't justify the cost for such minimal differences.

Regret, but it's just the stock cooler. It does its job alright, but it can't handle more than a 1400mhz overclock... Go figure? :rolleyes:

Got myself a Thermalright XP 90 back in 05 and still running her in my current rig.

She's been from an A64 3200 to an A64 3700, A64 4000, FX55, Pentium D 925, Core2 e6750 to my Current Quad 6600

I pulled back to stock clock when I switched back to the stock CD2 cooling. I had the Zalaman 9700 and I just couldnt stand the noise. I seen them in a number of machines and I always find them loud.

Zalman 9500, modded with a 120mm fan. Keeps my E4300 cool and quiet at 3.06 ghz. I love it :)

120extreme and ultima90 running q6600(3.2) + e6850(3.6), much better temps then stock HSF while being very quiet. Very happy with their performance.

Okay even searching on google is pointless can someone send me a link to a true 120? Is it a renamed Tuniq 120 or something seriously I cant find it :mad:

Can't regret the $8 my GeminII cost for how it performs. Which, isn't super amazing, but is close to my previous Tt Tower112 I paid $25 for.

I'll probably put the Tower112 back to use once I upgrade to 45nm, and just back the OC off my X3210.

XP120, possibly the last one in Canada.

Love it. Brilliant stuff. Best low profile cooler, ever.

Question for you guys, Theres seem to be 2 real different styles whats the advantage of one over the other?

35-124-020-18.jpg

vs.

35-124-019-08.jpg

i KIND of regret purchasing the freezer 7 pro at first for my Q6600. but not because of any poor performance. it worked really well.

but it turns out my chip OC's pretty well so i decided to push it some more with better cooling and ended up getting a Tuniq and losing money by selling the Freezer 7 at a low price

I like my cooler (Tuniq Tower), but i'd rather have the ultra-120 eXtreme. I was in a hurry when i got my cooler (just hours before i went to DreamHack), so i didn't have the time to find a store that sold the ultra-120.

The cooler performs quite well, cools my CPU good enough to allow me to overclock it to 3,2 ghz (E6320) without any heat problems (about 50 C @load).
I'm happy :) ;)

I agree with you. The tuniq works fine, but I wished that I had bought the thermalright too.

Question for you guys, Theres seem to be 2 real different styles whats the advantage of one over the other?

[IMG.]http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/35-124-020-18.jpg[/IMG]

vs.

[IMG.]http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/35-124-019-08.jpg[/IMG]

First one has the advantage that it also cools the motherboard components in the area, while the second style (tower coolers) usually creates a better airflow stream (if placed properly) and tend to cool the CPU better (not the case with shitty tower coolers), but won't do much for the mobo.

Personally I have a GeminII. Can't regret it since it was free and does a better job than stock.

Back