• Yes, I am gaming on Windows 7 RC

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • No, I am not gaming on the Windows 7 RC

Votes: 75 43.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twinkie

Gawd
Is anyone here gaming on the Windows 7 RC? Any negative experiences thus far?

Please post the names of any games you are playing and any problems you have experienced gaming with the RC thus far.

I was playing Myth III from 2001 on it, works alright if you have the unofficial patch for it.

Gaming on Win7 here. Lovin' it.

Played (Demigod, Warcraft III: TFT, TF2, Counter-Strike: Source, Left 4 Dead, Assassin's Creed, many more).

I plan on gaming with WoW and other games that are NOT limited to install, and limit to computers. I am still dual booting to Vista until Windows 7 becomes retail. I really don't want to lose a installation "point" on my pc.

Last edited:
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

left4dead so far... i had other games installed before i installed windows 7.... im just going to reinstall windows 7 once i get windows home server up and running the way i want..
then i can post back all the games....but on my games list is...

rainbow dix vegas 2
graw2
l4dead
COD4
COD 5 - i still call it COD
unreal tournatment 2004
quake iii arena - alltime fav

I've been gaming on Windows 7 since 7000. lol

Pretty much everything I've thrown at it (L4D, TF2, Fallout 3, Witcher, LOTRO, AoC, more) has worked and ran great, aside from games with known Vista issues (Beyond Good & Evil, etc.).

Never had any issues cept on GTA IV but i heard tons of others could get it so thinking it was something i did on the system.

Been using Window 7 since the early beta versions and now running RC1.

Honestly its about as good as Vista in terms of compatability, that is to say generally very good. The only thing that doesn't work so far is certain versions of punkbuster for various games, another reason to get rid of that nasty piece of software.

So far the only issue I have is that I can't play any game that uses Punkbuster -_- it doesn't support beta OS'. Am going through shooter withdrawal !!!

Other than that I am liking Win 7.

Punkbuster is crap. They need to start support now instead of waiting until release, fucking morons. Oh well, I don't play any punkbuster games anyways... VAC FTW.

I've only installed Steam and the games I play through it (mostly TF2 and L4D lately) and while the performance is basically the same over Vista, I seemingly get some stutters here and there which I didn't get before.

Been using Windows 7 since beta 1. Only problems I've had were with installing Max Payne and playing GameGuard protected games. Punkbuster works fine for me in x64 Win7.

I receive the error "Unknown Windows API Function [131152]" after several minutes of online Call of Duty 4 multiplayer play. From what I have gathered, PunkBuster is unwillingly to support unfinished operating systems - in this case Windows 7 RC.

I have been running Crysis Wars on the other hand with no issues.

Beyond the PB related error with CoD 4, both games are performing better under Windows 7 64 bit compared to Windows Vista 64 bit.

i'd be using win7 rc right now if only punkbuster worked. until then its just vista for me.

Other than flat panel scaling being broken in the x64 NVIDIA drivers, all was working well. Will do more testing once my system is up again.

Vista has always been fine for me, so no plans to change until the retail version of Windows 7 comes out.

I am on win7, and it's good. Crysis works, and Dawn of War II works. I haven't had time to test anything else just yet.

As a side note, I find I typing "win7" to be a lot more aggreable than typing "vista".

GTA IV on the beta was a PITFA to install. On the RC it installed without any issues.

FarCry 2 works exactly the same on Win 7 as it did on Vista.

I have to Alt-Enter to get full screen in DX10 mode.
I have to keep telling it I want 1920x1200 instead of 1680x1050.

i'd be using win7 rc right now if only punkbuster worked. until then its just vista for me.

I read that a BF2 has a new patch and decided to give it a try. I had to update punkbuster and re-install the services in order to finally get onto a server.

Punkbuster still gives me issues on CoD4

they "don't support beta Operating Systems"...

:(

Just moved everything over to 7 and its all running fine. Havent tried punkbuster yet but it installed fine.

-Atlas

Other than flat panel scaling being broken in the x64 NVIDIA drivers, all was working well. Will do more testing once my system is up again.

Same with the ATi drivers, the option is grayed out. Not really a problem though.

Had issues with Crysis Warhead thru Steam. It would black screen after 10-15 min of gameplay.

Running the 64bit executable fixed it, however.

R6 Vegas 2 works fine, and I have no issues with Far Cry 2.

No problems with actual games. Some minor problems with GameSpy Arcade.
Been Playing:
World of Warcraft
Burnout Paradise
Battlefield 2
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Spore
Performance is good as is stability, I am overclocked to 2.9ghz on my 2.4ghz AMD 4600+.

I'm having troubles with TF2, going back to Vista. FPS tanks when water gets shot and bad FPS all around. It's weird because I think I'm the only one getting these issues.

Yep, I have had no issues with any game on 7. L4D, WoW, EVE, TF2, HL2, Tribes 2, they are all working.

x64 here, installed works great

never going back to vista, not that it was bad, but a few patches and tweaks and it was fine
hadnt had to really do anything to win7 to get it running really nice, the extra 2gb ram i gave it does make it alot nicer tho

do wish i could have classic start menu though.... lol my only issue with win7

If it wasn't for bloody punkbuster I'd be gaming on Windows 7. Most games I've tried worked well, but the only one I'm playing atm is COD4 which requires punkbuster to work, but alas, no luck, just pumps out errors.

Punkbuster need to get on the boat and actually support windows 7, given many enthusiasts are using it already, and indeed a few people I know who aren't enthusiasts are giving it a crack anyway.

Back