Are you camping out / lining up for an RTX 4080?

Are you camping out / lining up for an RTX 4080?

• Total voters

erek

[H]F Junkie
Anyone setting up camp already outside their BestBuys, etc in preparation for the 4080?

"The product is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, Nov. 16. And like previous GPU launches, the sales will probably start at 9 a.m. EST/ 6 a.m. PST. "

1668550999312.png

Anyone setting up camp already outside their BestBuys, etc in preparation for the 4080?

"The product is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, Nov. 16. And like previous GPU launches, the sales will probably start at 9 a.m. EST/ 6 a.m. PST. "

View attachment 527012
I've been to that Microcenter. The one in Tustin/Irvine. Address on side of building. Those are diehards.
No, I am not lining up for the 4080.

No. I'm staying home where I can snuggle with my 3080Ti 😆
I actually camped out in front of Best Buy with a friend to get these.
That was the first and last time I camp out for something. It was spur of the moment too, read a post about it here, asked my buddy to drive by Best Buy and see how many people were there and to get in line.
I got there around 12:30 am and was like spot 42, there were 70 or 80 cards available at this location.
It was also raining off and on all night and morning.

IMG_1621.JPEG

Was up super early to watch the NASA moon rocket launch, so I checked out Best Buy and Microcenter websites early this morning just to see if the RTX 4080 was up for sale yet. It said "coming soon" at 2am, and even at 6am still "coming soon" I checked once more before I walked the dogs at 7:45am still "coming soon", back at 8:15am it now states "sold out" "Unavailable"

WTF did they have just a hundred cards up for sale today? Not that I really would've been a dumb chump an actually give greedVidia my money for an overpriced card that should be selling for no more than $899, but still shocked it's sold out already.

What I find comical, in a sad way are people rushing out to buy a new RTX 4080, but they already have a nice 3090 or something newer. Like what?

A 3080 Ti, 3090, and 3090 Ti are fantastic cards, even today, there's no fire rush to run out and get this slightly faster 4080 for $1200+

I could see if you had an old 1080 Ti or 2070, yes go grab that 4080, but anyone with a 3080 Ti or better I think are crazy getting this new card.

I went to Microcenter yesterday on lunch at 1PM for some TIM and they still had stock on 8 different 4080 skus. Just now this AM - 7:29 EST - they have 4 skus still in stock.

Reactions: erek
like this
I already ripped myself off by getting a 12GB 3080. Which at the time I bought it was the same price as these 4080's.
I'm not doing that again any time soon.

like this
Wouldn't camp out for the RTX 4080 - not good value for money. Not looking to pick one up at all.

Maybe at $700-$800. But, that's unlikely.

A month from AMD release, we'll see.

I like to know what Nvidia is smoking?There is no slot even for a 4080 TI. I can see why EVGA pulled the plug with this stupdity.

I hope there is no line anywhere and gathering dust at these prices. Plus more supplies available for their halo card over their laughably priced lower tiered, smaller GPU yet oversized, unfitable nusance sized coolers. What a waste of money.

Hope to see AMD start putting game performance 7900 XT/XTX vs 4800 to hopefully embarrassed Nvidia to lower the price.

It's hard to fathom that once upon a time I was able to pencil / volt mod and unlock a $200 7900 GS to reach $500 flagship 7900 GTX performance... without camping out!
Why does everyone hate the 4080?

"Omga4000 said:
I've decide to cancel one of the orders of the 4080 and wait for the 7900 XTX. If it disappoints, I'll just wait another damn year and see what'll happen to GPU prices. Sigh.
I'll discuss this with the person I had bought the 2nd GPU for and try to convince them to give it up and wait for the 7900 XTX as well.

Thank you very much to all of you who were actually useful and trying to help and educate me.
Greatly appreciate the assistance!|

Local MC shows 105+ cards across 9 models still in stock after close today.

I wonder how the people who queued up Wednesday morning in the cold and the snow are doing :ROFLMAO:

I'm fairly convinced online cards being sold out are mostly due to scalpers. Ebay is flooded with 4080s, hope they all have to take an L.
Somehow I think they will be taking that L unless supply radically changes somewhat soon.

I'm seeing over 200 active 4080 listings on eBay and under 30 sold. Fewer than ten of which were sold today (Thursday). And it doesn't look most made that much money on those considering retail price + tax/shipping + eBay fees etc

Spend that much, may as well get the 4090.

And really, at that point may as well get the 4090 Ti, but only as a stopgap to hold you over until the 5090.

This is how Jensen gets you. How he sticks a gun in your ribs just to watch you crawl.

like this
This is how Jensen gets you. How he sticks a gun in your ribs just to watch you crawl.

That may have been true in years past.
I'm getting the feeling that he also wants to get out of the consumer GPU market. It seems like we're watching a slow motion death spiral.

Back