Are we sort of in a drought or something? (bit of rambling here)

For old TD game made new, try Element TD2. Even better than Legion IMO.
I was just going to post this. Element TD2 is really good.

The kingdom rush games are pretty good too but not as flexible. Way easier but fun for a few hours....(they are short) buy em on sale.

I was just going to post this. Element TD2 is really good.
Neat. On sale too. Just grabbed it.

Alright, between Black Mesa, Doom Eternal, and that TD2 game I should be good. I guess Dead Space is doing a remake in January and I'll start on that series.

Kind of weird. I've never really been into FPS story line games. But its a nice switch I guess. Black Mesa has been bringing back a lot of memories. Navigating around, I'm trying to remember things from 1998.

Cool beans. Thanks all.

Neat. On sale too. Just grabbed it.

Alright, between Black Mesa, Doom Eternal, and that TD2 game I should be good. I guess Dead Space is doing a remake in January and I'll start on that series.

Kind of weird. I've never really been into FPS story line games. But its a nice switch I guess. Black Mesa has been bringing back a lot of memories. Navigating around, I'm trying to remember things from 1998.

Cool beans. Thanks all.
Indeed. I really have to play Black Mesa. The original Half Life was so, so good.

Oh wow, I didn't know they made a standalone Element TD haha.

I just picked that up. I wish it was a bit more on the competitive side like Legion, but holy crap this brings back memories.

Im sort of similar.. a game where I have to sit down for hours to memorize things just aint the same as when i was younger. Especially with the rate that new games keep coming out.

a plagues tale innocence might be something good.. not a ton of side quests to get distracted.. Easy to learn system, a bit of a stealth game.
Just straight through game play, but a good story. One of the games i actually sat down and completed , it as it was free on playstation+ (on my ps5) but its on PC as well. A plagues tale requiem just came out and im thinking about picking it up.

A lot of games that were targeting 2022 got delayed thanks to COVID. We still got some killer games, but far fewer than were expected. On the plus side, there are quite a few titles hitting between now and the end of spring. It'll also allow hardware from a few years ago to last longer and still maximize your visual settings. There were a fair number of great titles that hit last year and are now ending up on sale, too. I've been playing some of my backlog, and have run into some gems from 2019-2021.

Anxiously waiting for Stalker 2 Heart of Chernobyl but the situation in Ukraine is certainly not helping the devs as they work to complete it.

Because reasons, I stopped gaming about four months ago. This is after 30+ years of gaming just about every day. Last game I was into was Path of Exile and I didn't care for some changes in the economy and I overall just got burnt out.

Been about four months, and wouldn't mind getting into something for an hour or two before bed.

I must've spent over an hour last night on Steam looking things over along with punching in "top games of 2022". Not a single thing really appealed to me.

I'm sort of thinking maybe pick up Black Mesa and play though the Half Life series again. Only done it once and never did Black Mesa. That or do the Dead Space series.

A more sandbox like game sort of sounds ok. I've tried the Fallout series, but it never really stuck. I don't like dialogue and having to choose answers to multiple questions for a story line. The Witcher series and Fallout series are like that and I never last long. RDR2 maybe?

Be neat if I was better at MP-FPS games, but I'm the worst out there. I'm always last place, get so freaking mad, then get stuck on a loop of just one kill this round and I go to bed. Its not a good setup, heh. I simply cannot compete in COD/BF games.

MMOs seem dead. I've written off Warcraft.

Builders like Factorio and City Skylines get repetitive.

RTS games always interested me. Dune: Spice Wars seems a bit slow moving. AOE IV looks ok? maybe?

Man, I don't know. Perhaps I'm just over gaming entirely. Not a single game captures my attention.
Maybe it's time to try something new out, like VR.

Or maybe it's just winter depression and you need some vitamin d.

I think it is good taking a break from games at times and do other stuff. I like to ease back in normally by playing an older game that I enjoyed. Presently Crysis 2 Remastered after a few weeks of other stuff. Another remastered title I really liked was Mafia. Bringing back the old good vibes with an updated version can be fun.

Back