Are we going to see good Intel processors anymore?

LukeTbk

Gawd
You clearly are missing the point and trying to tailor the argument to suit your naive narrative. Steam is far and away the more popular software, and it is installed on almost every "consumer" level gaming PC. You can't say the same for Passmark. It's people like you that perpetuate the nonsense I was speaking about earlier. You read those clickbait articles and then want to try and apply it to the whole market. Your argument that AMD has 50% of the CPU market is ONLY valid if you are talking about in the Passmark benchmark alone NOT the industry as a whole. There is a difference, I highly suggest you learn it.
most PC are not gaming PC, it is less niche than passmark but still a biased sample, I am pretty sure steam is way more AMD than in the total market place. You need to look at new sales during the last quarter not just the market share of ongoing device like something steam/passmark are looking at (passmark wil have giant bias toward new device at least, has people benchmark just bought PC much more than their old machine).

If it means recent desktop sales, AMD is over 50%.
Source ?

Hardly representative of the desktop market. Stop comparing passmark, steam or whatever the fuk else and look at the big picture. NO software or survey on a specific platform is going to give an accurate picture of PC ownership.
So why did you post passmark survey data ?

CraptacularOne

Limp Gawd
So we are talking about a sliver of desktop market that:
1) have steam installed
2) actually take the survey
3) are gamers

Hardly representative of the desktop market. Stop comparing passmark, steam or whatever the fuk else and look at the big picture. NO software or survey on a specific platform is going to give an accurate picture of PC ownership.
I can't believe you are this clueless. Are you serious this stupid or just trolling?

1) we are talking about PCs in general.
2) there is no "taking" the steam survey. It skims data automatically, if you have it installed you took the survey (unless you have all your privacy settings turned on which most people don't)
3) virtually anyone can play a game be it on their integrated graphics on their thin and light to full blown gaming rigs.

Mega6

2[H]4U
I can't believe you are this clueless. Are you serious this stupid or just trolling?

1) we are talking about PCs in general.
2) there is no "taking" the steam survey. It skims data automatically, if you have it installed you took the survey (unless you have all your privacy settings turned on which most people don't)
3) virtually anyone can play a game be it on their integrated graphics on their thin and light to full blown gaming rigs.
1) Why would anyone bring up a steam survey in a general pc ownership question? That implies everyone who owns a pc installs steam.
2) team Survey is NOT automated. IT IS 100% by choice and manual.
3) gamers thanks for agreeing with my point. Niche survey.

Watch the name calling and try and act slightly mature. Are you like a seven year old posting here?

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
zzzzz.png

jarablue

Gawd
I am not sure I get what being a fanboi is? Intel Rocket Lake, for all we know right now, gaming is better than AMD. That's it. And for creative workloads, AMD is better. Who gives a fuck?

Intel did some pretty impressive IPC for 14nm. Are you just dumb that you blindly say Intel sucks? Do you work there? Because I have, and there were a lot ridiculously smart people.

This is some retard shit level stuff. AMD has it's benefits and so does Intel.

It's like people on hardware forums are personally offended and hurt. I just don't get it. You want the competition. You want it to be see saw.

I hope AMD wipes Intels ass on the next round and then Intel beats the shit out of them the round after that. Both are good companies. Intel and AMD are so entrenched in the worlds computing industry that they ain't going nowhere. That's it. You actually think either company would close? Because of a shitty performing CPU? OK.

I guess once you hit a certain age, the weenie bro leaves your body/mind. Anyways, Happy New Years!

Last edited:

Mega6

2[H]4U
I am not sure I get what being a fanboi is? Intel Rocket Lake, for all we know right now, gaming is better than AMD. That's it. And for creative workloads, AMD is better. Who gives a fuck?

Intel did some pretty impressive IPC for 14nm. Are you just dumb that you blindly say Intel sucks? Do you work there? Because I have, and there were a lot ridiculously smart people.

This is some retard shit level stuff. AMD has it's benefits and so does Intel.

It's like people on hardware forums are personally offended and hurt. I just don't get it. You want the competition. You want it to be see saw.

I hope AMD wipes Intels ass on the next round and then Intel beats the shit out of them the round after that. Both are good companies. Intel and AMD are so entrenched in the worlds computing industry that they ain't going nowhere. That's it. You actually think either company would close? Because of a shitty performing CPU? OK.

I guess once you hit a certain age, the weenie bro leaves your body/mind. Anyways, Happy New Years!
i don't take vendor benchmarks at face value. if you do, I would suggest at best you are gullible. You sure are opinionated for someone who doesn't give a fuck. As far as 14nm, who gives a fuck? The rest of the word is on something smaller. Intel's biggest problem is the former CFO egghead at the top that is spending all of intels money on stock buybacks instead of R&D.

Please be more specific on "retarded level stuff' and I am sure that it can be clarified for you.

But year, i agree - some postings in this thread are quite juvenile.

Last edited:

daglesj

Supreme [H]ardness
Can I just ask...how much better do they need to be already? How many of us are actually really struggling here like we may have been back in say 2002?

Now waiting for the two folks that process 8K video "all day" for some obscure reason, and the ones that feel they need to go from 200FPS to 210FPS. Oh yeah and the poor lost souls that just live for benchmarks...

noko

Supreme [H]ardness
I wanted to go AMD but the lack of stock made it impossible. Been waiting a couple years for the right time. Wanted a 5900x but settled on a 10850k and Z490 that I'll be installing tomorrow. I'm already going from 4 cores to 10 and the benchmarks between the two are very close. I think Intel likely to leap frog AMD on single core performance next gen at the expense of power, heat, and cores. Intel is doing what AMD was going with 200+ watt CPUs to make up for IPC disadvantage. Not ideal but at least I can get my hands on an Intel setup and it was $160 cheaper and my H110 AIO will work.
How did that turn out? What did you buy? Seems the 10 core at a cheaper price than a 5800x 8 core would be a better all around CPU. Plus has 2 more cores than what Rocket lake will have. From my testing, from what that maybe worth, PCIE 4.0 SSDs give little if any performance boost in real applications/games, only in benchmarks that do not represent anything I've seen with real applications. As for GPU's, pcie 4 may only be useful if you have 2x top end GPUs in the two 16x slots running at 8x, for one slot for full 16x, nothing I can see would have any significant advantage.

In a nutshell, Intel are currently making good processors very usable compared to AMD, more importantly, readily available.

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
Intel is still fine on X86. The bigger challenge is ARM. AMD is already working on ARM cpus, maybe Intel is too but we haven't heard any rumors. Furthermore Intel is behind on graphics and by extension AI/ML etc. Just don't see Intel working on anything that can be the 'future'. Likely why the market is valuing Intel so cheaply.

freeagentt

Limp Gawd
I just built a new AMD system.. but I am excited to see what Intel brings to the table.. and I know I can sell my AMD parts for a good price if I need to :D

noko

Supreme [H]ardness
I am tempted to buy a MSI Z490 Unity motherboard, it supports pcie 4 as with most of MSI if not all of their Z490 motherboards:

https://itigic.com/all-compatible-models-of-z490-boards-with-pcie-4-0/

Reason being is I expect a pretty hefty price hike incoming with Z590 boards unless the tariffs are relaxed and then still a price hike. I hope I am wrong there. Now pcie 4 really has not delivered much in the end but nice to have that option.