Are u loyal to certain brands?

Lcds & crts - no, gotta see to compare

Cpu= amd only, never let me down

mobo= dfi or epox

PSU= enermax, antec, seasonic, pc power & cooling ONLY

cases= LianLi, Coolermaster or Silverstone ONLY

HSF= ThermalRIGHT for me

memory= TCCD on brainpower PCB (quite a few companies make this)

mice= Razer, done with Logitech clunky mice

burners- NEC, Plextor or LiteOn

Most people are, that is why each company spends so much on marketing.

To be honest i buy the best deals on the best equipment, i could care less about a brand.

For me, I'm generally an Nvidia/AMD guy. The ram, psu, mobo, and other hardware don't matter too much to me as long as they're the best and most compatible. I'm willing to give my money to the company for the superior product that it gives me, rather then giving my money to a company because the brand has treated me right.

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
^^^ So you buy all Rosewill hardware? :rolleyes:

he said best deals on best equipment, he didnt say "i spend as little money as i possibly can"

I agree with him, screw brand loyalty, buy the best buy

CPU = AMD
MOBO = Asus ONLY
RAM = Kingston, Corsair, or some other known brand on sale
HD = Maxtor or WD
CD/DVD = Samsung or LiteOn
Video = Anything NOT ATI
Keyboard/Mouse = Microsoft or Logitech
LCD = Benq, KDS, or whatever is 12ms or less, name brand, good price

I fear this post to become a !!!!!! post and will be locked before anything good will become of it.

cpu= amd
ram= whatever i think will work currently using Geil and soon ballistix tracers
video= perfer ati since im going with AIW
mobo= used msi and asus, perfer msi myself, since the farking dfi 939 agp board isnt out ill go with msi i guess
dvd drive= cheapest i can find
case= i learned my lesson about "pre mods" coolermaster for me next time
speakers= logitech all the way
mouse/keboard= logitech all the way, even if it has that gay keystroke program
hard drive= ive herd good things about seagate i think ill go with them, but always used maxtor

thats about it :p

soulsaver

SarverSystems said:
I fear this post to become a !!!!!! post and will be locked before anything good will become of it.
well lets hope for the best, and hope your coment doesnt cause flame bait :p good thread tho!

soulsaver

Monitor= Dell
Cpu= depends on who's better, as of right now, AMD
mobo= Diamond Flower International, aka Design for Innovation, aka DFI
PSU= enermax, antec, seasonic, pc power & cooling (same as op
cases= Antec, Lian Li
HSF= ThermalRIGHT
memory= OCZ
HD= which ever is cheaper
Video Card= Nvidia

I buy what I can afford and will give me the best performance. The only brands I am loyal to are Marlboro, Budweiser, and Dr. Pepper.

CPU = AMD
MOBO = Asus ONLY
RAM = Kingston, Geil
HD = Seagate only
CD/DVD = Lite-on
Video = Anything NOT nVIDIA
Keyboard/Mouse = Logitec
LCD =the one on my watch. I use CRT

Coca Cola and Taiyo Yuden. :p

For hardware...

CRTs - NEC or Viewsonic
CPUs - doesn't really matter, though I own all Intel systems
Motherboard - Intel, Abit
Memory - Crucial, Mushkin, Corsair
Video - whatever
Hard drives - Seagate or WD
Opticals - NEC, Lite-On (Cd burners)

Lcds & crts= Viewsonic
Cpu= depends what gives best performance, AMD right now *i miss multitask though*
mobo= MSI, ASUS, DFI
PSU= Enermax, OCZ
cases= Lian Li, Coolermaster
Cooling= Watercooling *currently aqua computer i guess*
memory= Muskin or OCZ
mice=Microsoft?
burners= NEC, LiteOn
Videocard= ATI for now.

Monitor: LG, Samsung
CPU: Intel
Rams: Geil,Ocz and Corsair
Motherboard: Gigabyte, Asus and Abit
Hard disk: Seagate
Graphic card: Gigabyte, Asus
Keyboard/mouse: Microsoft, Logitech
Speakers: Logitech
Optical drives: LG and Pioneer
HSF: Zalman
Case fans: coolermaster
Case: Omni, Antec, Coolermaster and themaltake
PSU: Antec

hm lets see

monitor: dell
case: antec
psu: enermax
vid card: nvidia
ram: ocz
mobo: dfi
cd/dvd: nec
hsf: thermalright
cpu: amd
hdd: seagate, western digital
soundcard: creative

hmm those are all on my current computer (._.")

but really, it really doesnt matter to me wut brand it is long as the quality and performance is right :p

To some extent. I wouldn't say loyal to certain brands so much as there are just brands I will not buy, usually because of bad experiences or simply because I don't like something the company has done.

Mobos - open to try pretty much anything except for MSI, because the one and only MSI motherboard I ever owned was more problematic in the 2 years I had it than my packard bell computer, which is a feat in and of itself. A little wary of epox also, although I think this is because of a capacitor issue that struck a couple of different brands so I haven't written them off completely.

Processors - Only AMD for me, although if I'm putting together a computer for someone I know won't be overclocking or doing much gaming, I'll reccomend a Pentium 4/Celeron and an Intel brand motherboard since that combination = proven stability.

Memory - I shop around more for chips than modules, although I don't buy from generic brands.

Hard drives - I avoid Western Digital like the plague. I guess I've got strange luck, WD has given me nothing but problems but I've never had even the slightest issue with a Hitachi/IBM drive. I'll buy whatever has the best price/performance, although I do tend to give Hitachi a little preference.

Video Cards - I tend to stick with ATI. I'll go with whatever has the best price/performance ratio at the time, it's just that ATI has consistantly hit that mark for me since the radeon 8500.

Cooling - No preference.

Power Supplies - No preference.

Cases - Whatever's clever.

Monitors - No real preference. When I switch to LCD, I'll probably check out Hyundai/ImageQuest since my current CRT monitor has proven to be a great value, but in the end I'll go with whatever suits my needs best.

ETC - I refuse to buy another Shuttle until they work out their customer support issues and stop using the enthusiast community as unwitting hardware beta testers. The only logitech peripherals I will buy from this point on are corded mice and keyboards. Every other logitech peripheral I've ever owned has proven to be a complete piece of shit, including the ~$300 (at the time) z-680's that everyone ranted and raved about but ended up being overpriced 2.1 speakers due to the rear speakers failing, the cordless MX duo with the mouse that lagged and wouldnt hold a charge and the keyboard that stopped working after a year. Then there was the 3d extreme whatever joystick with the calibration problem that everyone complained about and Logitech denied existance of. Or the overpriced quickcam that needed every light in the room to be on to get a decent image.

I also refuse to pay for Microsoft software. From my parent's home in wyoming, I stab at thee.

The only brands I am a whore to are Abit, AMD, and Logitech(mice). I have been using them the past 4 or so systems. In the video card front I choose whatever is on the top (IMO). For the most part everything else in my system I research and choose what works best no matter the brand. The only brand I avoid like the plague is Antec (I have had nothing but problems with their PSU's - their support is great though).

I'm not really loyal to any brands but there are a few that I'm adamant about not buying:
1.) Creative
2.) VIA chipset mobos
3.) Intel (until they get the whole Prescott crap worked out)

The only brand I am loyal to is Canon. Since I have inested into the Canon EF lens system, I don't really have another option.

Besides that, if I am spending X dollars and there products Y and Z, I will buy whichever product does what I want more exactly... regardless of brand.

Basically i stay away from Asus, SiS, VIA, ATI, Intel(cpu not chipset), Thermaltake, Seagate, Maxtor and Lite-on and the rest is at least better heh.

ZOMGWTFBBQ said:
Basically i stay away from Asus, SiS, VIA, ATI, Intel(cpu not chipset), Thermaltake, Seagate, Maxtor and Lite-on and the rest is at least better heh.

Wow, you just named a lot of really good quality brands.

CPU = AMD

mobo = Asus, DFI, Abit, Epox is alright too,

Memory = anything really

Video cards = Not really for any brand here either. I do like ATI's options for HDTV more than nvidias by quite a bit. But I do like how I can force certain things on nvidia drivers. Both have their strong points. I guess I like them both.

Cooling = Well, i'm watercooling right now, so I guess i'm a fan of myself for putting it
together? Or how about DangerDen for quality parts? lol..

PSU = Always liked Antec. I've had oen go bad on me before but I replaced it with another Antec that's worked fine for the last few months.

HDD = Seagate has always looked reliable and i've wanted to try one. however. I usually only buy Western Digital. I have two hard drives right now. One is an 80GB (main) and the other is a 60GB (backup/storage). Both work without a problem.

as stated above. I am not loyal to any Brand at all, whatever is offering the best performance for me, even if it costs more. I am not a big "Price / Performance" Person. I dont care how much performance I get per dollar, as long as I have the fastest computer I want for my needs and the future.

My Last Computer was
Intel P4 Northwood 2.8GHz
Abit IC7 Mobo (intel chipset)
1GB (2x512) Crucial Value DDR400
Dual 36GB Raptors Raid 0
ATi Radeon 9700Pro
Soundblaster Audigy 2
Plextor 8x DVDRW
Antec True Power 550

And the Computer Before that was
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
ASUS NF2 Mobo
512MB (2x256) Corsair DDR333
2x WD 80GB SE
1x Segate 40GB
The Afore Mentioned 9700Pro
Soundblaster Audigy 1
16x Pioneer DVD Rom
48x Sony CDRW
Enermax 480

So I guess at looking back and compareing to the computer I have now... The only brand loyality I have so far is creative haha. Yuck. But they do make the best "Performing" Sound cards. I am not really loyal to them, if someone made a better sound card that accually performed to the level i am expecting, then i would jump right on that.

What I do have however is a strong opinion and feeling against certain companies. I will never again buy a Via chipset motherboard. Nothing aganst them now, and im sure they make quality chips howver back in my PIII and Thunderbird days, VIA was like the plague. No thanks.

Any Cheap Mobo company. ASUS, Abit, and Intel are usually all I will buy. They have cemented a foundation in the buisness and built a good reputation. DFI seems to be very upcomming with the Lan Party Series, and they are building a solid rep. SO I purchased one for my current Computer to try it out. So far so good.
Companies like "Chaintek" "Leadtek" "ECS" "Biostar" They can keep their stuff. Its not a matter of their product sucks, its a matter of I just dont trust them to be the backbone of my computer.

Ram.... I dont have loyality to ram, hwoever it has to be a name brand. No "OEM" or "Generic" memory for me. I will spend the extra money premium on a company name such as Crucial or Corsair, OCZ or Mushkin.

Powersupply, I always have either stayed with Enermax or Antec my entire building career. They make quality products and when dealing with power, you dont want to own your system. Always trust these companies. Went with PC Power and Cooling because they are upcomming, have a great reputation, and literly make the "BEST" PSU today.

As for the 2 most shady departments, Video Cards and CPUs, I have no loyality whatso ever. I do however have companies I like and perfer to use. For my own personal prefrance, I would rather use Intel CPUs (along with Intel Chipsets) and NVidia Video Cards. For me, i have had the best luck and/or computing expirance, not just myself, but for building for customers as well. As you can see from my past comptuers, and current rig, i dont have loyality right now. Just whatever is faster at the time I buy my computer. I think Intel CPUs and Intel Chipsets make an outstanding team, and offer a superior computing expirance. Its no doubt that netburst is not the best architecture but my no means does it suck. Its just not as good as the competetion. I owned a Northwood and I loved every second of it. P4C and i875p Chipset was an outstanding combo. Never once had a problem and performance was there. However today, AMD is king of the CPU world, even more now with dual core than before.

Video Cards... I prefer to use NVidia for whatever reason... Back in the day, GeForce 2 and GeForce 3 era's NVidia offered superior graphics and performance at the time. I only stared to like ATi with the release of their 9700 Pro Chip. Before, ATi wasnt big in the 3d game... the original radeon I owned after my GeForce 2 GTS got owned in a power surge (along with my entire computer). It was a great attempt for their first real 3d card, but drivers were lacking. They have since improved and if ATI ever gets their act together, They will make some solid cards in the future. It just seems like NVidia never has a problem, Save for the FX series. The 9700Pro was outstanding and I had that in 2 full computers life times. Great Card. But it was a diamond in the rough. To me, in my eyes, the R520 had potential, if it would have came out in the spring. But its just too late now. And nothing aganst ATi (Hell i own some shares in ATi) but they are just making some wrong decisions right now. It happens.

Im done. Sorry :)

With vid cards I've no real loyalties...

I've had about 4 Nvidia & 4 ATI high end cards the past 4 yrs.....Bang for the buck with latest tech out at the time gets my loot. Right now thats Nvidia, IMO.

Via I'll avoid like the plague, generic psu's I won't buy for myself OR a customer either. Don't want my builds coming back with problems, and so far so good.
:)

I used to love Intel, but since buying my AMD, I'm going to stick with AMD for processors. Really amazing stuff.

Mobos -- Asus only
Video Cards -- Nvidia only
RAM -- Doesn't matter
Soundcards -- I haven't even owned one
HDD -- Maxtor
Cases -- Doesn't matter, but I really love my Kingwin MutantX
DVD/Floppy -- Doesn't matter at all
Monitor -- Doesn't matter
Speakers -- Don't have any :p
Keyboard -- Microsoft/Logitech (hopefully Saitek, as soon as my Eclipse arrives)
Mice -- Logitech, and if that fails, Microsoft
Headset -- Logitech all the way

Mobo: DFI(good help forum)
Proc: AMD
VidCard: Price/performance within my price range
Ram: Whatever seems good(got sorta screwed on this stuff)
Soundcard: never new the brand of one I have owned
HDD: Always owned WD just good deal at the right time
Cases: CoolerMaster nice cases good price
DVD: Lite-On(got a great deal on this drive)
monitor: Whatever fits my price and needs
Speakers: Crappy 5 dollar whatever
Keyboard: Always used what came with my system I really like my Lite-on one I have now tho
Mice: Logitech but wana try out a razer sometime
Headset: Well headphones Sennhieser all the way

I prefer some brands but it won't keep me from using a better product from another company. Although I love Transmeta, and Gainward :D

hrmmm lets see...
CPU: AMD all the way
GPU: Nvidia all the way
MB: MSI, DFI
RAM: OCZ, Corsair, Crucial
PSU: Antec, PCP&C, OCZ
HDD: Western Digital and Maxtor i use, ive heard good things of seagate
CASE: Silverstone, Antec, Lian-Li
SPEAKERS: Logitech
MICE/KEYBOARD: Logitech
MONITOR: No preference
OTHER FAVOURED BRANDS: LG, Samsung

All depends on the times.
I used to swear by my P3 + Geforce 256 combo.
I also swore by the Athlon XP + GF3 when it was the new thing.

Now i swear by the A64. I generally use Epox boards. No more Asus for me, two boards, two boards dead in 1.5 years(Cusl2-c, A7v8x-x iirc) Both sucked. All epox boards have been rock stable, great OC'rs and fast for me. I have a 8kha+ with a Athlon XP 1700 that runs overclocked in a dust ridden (it is CAKED on) case with extremely poor ventilation as a server. It has been going for years in this terrible situation and never hiccupped. I actually removed the exhause 80mm fan to use in another case and to test if it would continue to live. It does, running 24/7@ rediculously high temps. Therefore i am 100% loyal to Epox.

Nvidia vs ATI, doesnt matter to me. I bought the GF256, loved it. GF3, loved it, 9700pro, loved it and today i love my X850XT. I think my Gf3 was my all time favorite though :).

Ever since the intro of the P4 i have gone with AMD. I am pretty loyal to AMD.

Ram: Crucial

HD's: Always bought WD, no problems. So i continue to buy WD.
Drives: Sony or NEC
PSU: Seasonic now

Epox is the brand i would say i am the most loyal to. I hate asus.

Back