Are this specs enough to run massive SAS data

Binar

[H]ard|Gawd
Quick question:

Need to run some huge and I mean huge amounts of data in SAS (enterprise lvl, fortune 15 company)

Do you think this will cut it?
Xeon x650 @ 2.67 GHZ
24 GB RAM
3 TB drive

If you are working in a technical department, making purchasing decisions for a fortune 15 company, I would hope you would have the skills to determine your needs without posting to a online forum. At that level you would be using highly scalable storage arrays, not individual servers.

For some reason I'm not convinced this thread is real.

If you are working in a technical department, making purchasing decisions for a fortune 15 company, I would hope you would have the skills to determine your needs without posting to a online forum. At that level you would be using highly scalable storage arrays, not individual servers.

For some reason I'm not convinced this thread is real.
Ohh I'm not working in the tech department ( didn't want to get into deatails but you are pushing me ) and I have no experience with SAS or enterprise servers
My wife works in the finance departament and she'll have to pull huge amounts of data in SAS for a project she is doing. She asked me if what she is using will be able to handle the work load or if she should ask the tech guys for a new system. The reason I specified fortune 15 was to emphasize the magnitude of the project she'll have to work on...
Since I never worked with SAS I couldn't answer her question ...

Define your requirements with more specifics or get sub-optimal results.

Back