are there gonna be 3090Ti ?

StormClaw

Gawd
I just read nVidia is releasing 3070, 3080, 3090

Anyone knows if there are going to be making 3090Ti ?

I'm completely out of the loop.

No idea yet, but not announced at this time. The 3090 is taking the TI / non-prosumer titan side it appears.

Its really doubtful they would release a higher end card than what they've already announced any time soon. It would look real bad and people who just spent $1500+ on an RTX 3090 would be pissed. The next possibility would be a refresh in a year. It's not out of the question since the current 3000 series is on Samsung 8nm. But you never know with nvidia. My guess is if they can move to a smaller node next year they will.

The top card hasn't been refreshed since the Titan Xp.
So I wouldn't count on anything faster than a 3090.

I guess it depends on AMDs response. I'm sure nvidia keeps an ace under its sleeve just in case.

I gotta say I'm more inclined on a RTX3070 Ti as the performance gap between it and the 3080 is substantial.

I'm almost 100% certain there will be a 3080Ti. There is definitely room in that lineup. Based on how Jensen was comparing the 3090 to the Titans and NOT the To models, this makes sense.

I'm almost 100% certain there will be a 3080Ti. There is definitely room in that lineup. Based on how Jensen was comparing the 3090 to the Titans and NOT the To models, this makes sense.

I felt the same way, expecting a 3080Ti to come out like 6 months from now at the $1200 price point.

I felt the same way, expecting a 3080Ti to come out like 6 months from now at the $1200 price point.
I agree, by the time, Micron should have 16gb DDR6x chips available so a 3080Ti 20GB sounds about right.

That's not a same generation refresh. The RTX Titan wasn't refreshed. The Titan Xp replaced the Titan X in the same generation. Titan Black replaced Titan.
I don't see that happening with the 3090. Everything below it, yes.

Yopu said the top card hadn't been refreshed since XP. RTX came out after XP.

Yopu said the top card hadn't been refreshed since XP. RTX came out after XP.

And there is a Titan RTX, though its in an awkward place and more of a prosumer part.

I can see a 3090Ti sometime late next year, it provides an easy mid-gen upgrade and a small cash bump for nVidia.

The way Jensen talked about it, the 3090 is the Titan of this generation. I could see a 3080ti, but I'm guessing the 3090 will stay top dog until the 4000 series.

"That's not a same generation refresh. The RTX Titan wasn't refreshed. The Titan Xp replaced the Titan X in the same generation. Titan Black replaced Titan."

You're thinking Titan X (Maxwell) -> Titan X(P) (Pascal) -> Titan Xp (Pascal). The X(P) and Xp were within the same generation. After that it was the RTX Titan but the price jumped waaaaay up. I had gone from Titan X to Titan Xp but when I saw the price for RTX ($2499) ... I was like "NOPE!"

EDIT: There was a Titan V (Volta) in there somewhere too but at $2999 yeah not a consumer card.

The price and memory gap and history with previous models, makes a 3080ti most likely. But the Ti always comes out later, not ever at launch as far back as I can remember anyways.

"That's not a same generation refresh. The RTX Titan wasn't refreshed. The Titan Xp replaced the Titan X in the same generation. Titan Black replaced Titan."

You're thinking Titan X (Maxwell) -> Titan X(P) (Pascal) -> Titan Xp (Pascal). The X(P) and Xp were within the same generation. After that it was the RTX Titan but the price jumped waaaaay up. I had gone from Titan X to Titan Xp but when I saw the price for RTX ($2499) ... I was like "NOPE!"

EDIT: There was a Titan V (Volta) in there somewhere too but at $2999 yeah not a consumer card.

The price and memory gap and history with previous models, makes a 3080ti most likely. But the Ti always comes out later, not ever at launch as far back as I can remember anyways.
2080ti was a launch card I think?

I'd assume we'd get a Super line next year.
But if they decided to 2x vram, Super TI branding just to confuse people?

Turn one into vram bump, the other is a core bump?

Create a 3rd type of signifier that's just an RTX enhancement?

My crystal ball, which has been wrong many times before, tells me that a 3080 Ti will be released in first few months of 2021 with a 352-bit interface and 22GB.
It is a very small crystal ball and the text is hard to read but I think the price will lie between $1,000-$1,100

There is zero discussion of Ti or Super models at this time. NVIDIA is trying to clean up the confusing product stack that was left in the wake last time.

If you cant handle the $3000 for two of them, then they are not making these for you.

3090TI in 3Q 2021, 3xxxSuperDuper Q1 2022. 4k Q2 2023.

They never bothered with a 2080 Ti Super. They won't have a 3090 Ti/Super unless AMD has something that challenges the 3090. Don't hold you breath on that one.

They never bothered with a 2080 Ti Super. They won't have a 3090 Ti/Super unless AMD has something that challenges the 3090. Don't hold you breath on that one.
More to the point, they've never done a "Titan TI." Because that's what they're touting the 3090 as: a Titan-class card.

Yeah but question is , worth to wait? I only want waterforce version of 3090 rtx. How long to wait? I want WF because of low temps and quiet noise. So when RTX 3090 Aorus Waterforce will be released? I have actually Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Waterforce and card is excellent due to low temps and noise. No other card i want.

Yeah but question is , worth to wait? I only want waterforce version of 3090 rtx. How long to wait? I want WF because of low temps and quiet noise. So when RTX 3090 Aorus Waterforce will be released? I have actually Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Waterforce and card is excellent due to low temps and noise. No other card i want.
Any WC card will be about the same; so you can wait for an AIB to release one, or just get the EKWB that is supposed to be available on release date and install that on it.

My crystal ball, which has been wrong many times before, tells me that a 3080 Ti will be released in first few months of 2021 with a 352-bit interface and 22GB.
It is a very small crystal ball and the text is hard to read but I think the price will lie between $1,000-$1,100
I am predicting the nearly the same but at the $1200 price point. I expect it to be around March. I might just wait for that. It will cost me nearly $2k to go with a 3090 after a new wb and probably add another radiator too. Also possibly a new PSU to power the beast.

Who the fuck knows? I'm not sure why people try and guess this stuff before the first generation product officially launches. That said, NVIDIA has changed it's marketing scheme with the RTX 20 series. I doubt we'll see an RTX 3090 Ti. We will likely see an RTX 3090 Super as a mid-cycle product refresh.

I don’t see a difference. This game doesn’t really push the hardware.

No, it doesn't. I've tested Doom Eternal with a few CPU's at 4K. When you are GPU limited, the frame rates across various CPU's will generally be statistically insignificant. That's what you see with Ghost Recon Breakpoint. It's GPU limted on an RTX 2080 Super. The 9900K, 10900K, 3900X, 3950X, etc. all score within 1-3FPS of each other. Stock vs. overclocked makes no difference either. However, Doom Eternal isn't like that. FPS is all over the place and the numbers are generally quite high even at max settings at 4K. Therefore, we can see that Doom Eternal is oddly CPU limited at 4K, not GPU limited. Therefore, the increase we see going from an RTX 2080 Ti to a 3080 in Doom Eternal can't be applied to other games as an indicator of performance.

So they are releasing 3080Ti.

Will there be a 3090Ti ? Or a "Titan version" ?

Back