Are there any PS4 shooters that are appropriate for a ten year old?

I don't believe so, but then again you never mentioned single player as being a requirement.

Maybe Destiny 2? I don't recall it being that gory and it's got a campaign.

I don't believe so, but then again you never mentioned single player as being a requirement.

Maybe Destiny 2? I don't recall it being that gory and it's got a campaign.
I'm actually going to agree with this. There are also options to censor the language, though I can only remember a couple instances where things like "shit" were said.

Maybe Titanfall 2? Can't remember the language content in that game.

Fortnite does have a non-Battle Royale mode that can
run single player but it’s pretty dead and difficult that way. That being said, even rolling in BR would be ok so long as they aren’t wearing a headset. My 11yr old plays that way.

Destiny would be my pick as well - there is a small bit of gore but it’s pretty tame. The level up process is essentially a single player game as it is.

I think plants vs zombies garden warfare 2 has a campaign (I could be wrong) but that's a super kid friendly game

Splatoon for the Nintendo Switch

Borderlands isn't that gory looking because it has stylized comic graphics.

Splatoon for the Nintendo Switch

Borderlands isn't that gory looking because it has stylized comic graphics.
He has Splatoon on hiw Wii U but never played it that much. He seems to only play games for a little bit every week or two. What he wants is Call of Duty or something like it.

Titanfall 2 that Armenius mentioned above might fit the bill. Really good single-player campaign and I don't recall there being much gore.

Bloodborne.........................................

jk

Starwars Battlefront 2

Spiderman

Last edited:
Lol. Seriously though, Spider-Man is stupidly fun.

Oh I know. I got the platinum trophy. Which according to Sony so did nearly everyone else so no big feat. My boys would sit and just watch me swing around the city.

DrEzUlOWsAEUUGw.jpg

DrEzUlKWoAECKi7.jpg

How about the old 1994 Doom? It’s on XBox Arcade, so I imagine that it’s on PlayStation as well. The gameplay is still fun, and compared to modern games the violence is pretty tame. I played the heck out of the shareware on the old 386 when I was 11.

portal ( but not realyl a shooter)
Serious sam has option to remove gore and replaced blad with candy i think it is

Killing Floor 2 with gore turned down is still a great shooter. Multiplayer isn't needed if you guys coop.

Destiny 1 and 2 are great games too. Online connection required, but can easily play most of the story by yourself.

Plants Vs Zombies 1 and 2 - Hilarious fun.

Yea Destiny 2 is pretty kid friendly tbh. Also any Call of Duty - that's rated T and I've never seen any gore in it, afaik.

Another Destiny vote. Get 'em both and you'll have a boatload of content.

Senran Kagura peach beach splash.
or splatoon.

Water guns and paint...

Ratchet & Clank would be my recommendation
He is really liking this as the second game he has tried. He didn't get into Spider-man, which was the first game, much yet.

Thanks for the recommendation. :)

I have a 10 year old and have not really given him much of a chance to play FPS games. I have found Plants vs Zombies 1/2 to be good and just got him into Destinty 2. He has really enjoyed the game, being able to level up and the story although there are some cut scenes that he chose not to watch. The cool part has been being able to play with him on quests if we want or do our seperate thing. The game is not gory, I concider it to be like Halo from the action to the music.

Back