Are there any legit MicroSD cards on ebay?

Wag

[H]ard|Gawd
There are literally so many memory cards being sold on ebay for such great prices I don't know if there are any real ones.

I'm looking for a MicroSD U3 card, either 256gb or 512gb. I see many listed but when I go to the manufacturer's website I see that most of them don't even exist in that config.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/256GB-Samsu...020591&hash=item3d3fd845f2:g:Rc0AAOSw8lpZLMt5

For example- this one looks like it's all there, but it's hard to know for certain.

Can someone point me to a legit good deal?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Buy from a legitimate retailer instead of eBay. 512GB MicroSD cards don't exist yet either (at least as a retail product).

Definitely fake. Notice the font on the printing on the package, together with the poor quality of the printing on the package. And if you were to take that card out of the package, and use a magnifying glass, you will find "MADE IN TAIWAN" and one of several suspect code numbers on the underside of the card. Samsung never manufactures its microSD cards in Taiwan; all of the legitimate Samsung microSD cards that I've ever come across have been made in either Korea or the Philippines. This fake card has a REAL capacity of only 8GB! The firmware of those fake cards had been manipulated so that the cards report to the devices as the labeled capacity - even though the actual capacity is far, far less. And when you attempt to write data to such a card, you will end up with most of that data becoming permanently lost.

In addition, most of those fake cards deliver performance that falls short - sometimes far short - of the card's labeled speed claims.

In other words, you would have definitely been ripped off, especially since the card would have been astronomically expensive for the slow 8GB Class 2 microSDHC card that it really is.

Last edited:
just buy from Amazon Store or other reliable retailer.

Don't even look on ebay for those, not even a glance. lol

just buy from Amazon Store or other reliable retailer.

Don't even look on ebay for those, not even a glance. lol

Hey be quiet. I sell microsd cards on eBay for a living and you are hurting my store's reputation. 100% of my MicroSD cards are genuine and I guarantee all of my cards against any faults.

Back