Are there any laptops that offer 1920x1200 resolution?

I think the only one I've seen was a Macbook, and I have no interest in using a Mac. Just curious if anyone has run into anything. TIA

Workstation laptops are the only ones that would. I think I have a 3 year old Dell Precision that has a 1920x1200 screen. You can find high res 16:9 screens in consumer laptops but not really 16:10.

We have some old Dell Latitude D820 & D830 business laptops at work that have 16:10 aspect (1920x1200) screens on them.
(The high-res panel was an upgrade option).

Pretty nice machines for their time (around 5-6 yrs old now).
You can often pick them up these days for well under $300 - OFF LEASE or REFURBISHED.
Nice machines if you don't need something too crazy. They are very well built and have good spec's for their time (Core 2 Duo, 2GB Memory etc....)

It wouldn't be a stretch to throw an SSD in along with a copy of Windows 7 in one of these machines.

Last edited:
An Alienware M17x R2 has a 1920x1200 RGB display. Man do I miss that screen sometimes..

Awesome thanks guys. @Jamiee yeah I'm not looking for anything too crazy, those specs would do fine, at least low-mid Win 7 specs is what I'm looking at.

The trick with those Latitudes will be finding one with the 1920x1200 res screen.
They are around... just not as many compared to the lower-res versions.

Check eBay, or do a general Google search for them.
I doubt you'll find any new ones, but they are so well built that getting an Off Lease unit won't be a bad thing. If you can get one locally so you can see its condition first - That's even better.

Replacement Dell batteries and 90w power supplies for these laptops are pretty common, so if you need one it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Good luck :cool:

Keep an eye out for the MSI 3k with a 2880x1620 display, that should be enough pixels :D

Back