Are there any >30" 1440p monitors without VA's ghosts-in-the-monitors?

Coldblackice

[H]ard|Gawd
...and with Freesync or G-sync?

I grabbed a Dell 32" 1440p Freesync (S3220DGF) last year only to discover that the thing is straight up haunted with all the ghosting going on in it. A shame, as it looks great otherwise. Though its Freesync feature is also pretty janky (unofficial using an Nvidia GPU, which isn't a surprise), as well, with screen dropouts below ~68 FPS, which more or less defeats the large point of monitor sync IMO.

But it seems like every monitor over 30" is a damned VA panel, and the few that aren't VA are "anti-gaming" monitors without refresh-sync and war-crime level response times. I'm not a pro FPSer, so I don't need anything crazy, but I also don't want to play on a 5.2 minute response time, either.

I really don't want to go to 4K and deal with all those extra pixels to be driven, especially given a lot of software isn't even tailored to 4K, so it's not even benefiting much of the time. But it seems like 1440p is increasingly the "middle sibling" that's being forgotten about in the mix.

Am I out of luck? At this point I'm increasingly caring less about cost, as long as something can hit all the points.

...and with Freesync or G-sync?

I grabbed a Dell 32" 1440p Freesync (S3220DGF) last year only to discover that the thing is straight up haunted with all the ghosting going on in it. A shame, as it looks great otherwise. Though its Freesync feature is also pretty janky (unofficial using an Nvidia GPU, which isn't a surprise), as well, with screen dropouts below ~68 FPS, which more or less defeats the large point of monitor sync IMO.

But it seems like every monitor over 30" is a damned VA panel, and the few that aren't VA are "anti-gaming" monitors without refresh-sync and war-crime level response times. I'm not a pro FPSer, so I don't need anything crazy, but I also don't want to play on a 5.2 minute response time, either.

I really don't want to go to 4K and deal with all those extra pixels to be driven, especially given a lot of software isn't even tailored to 4K, so it's not even benefiting much of the time. But it seems like 1440p is increasingly the "middle sibling" that's being forgotten about in the mix.

Am I out of luck? At this point I'm increasingly caring less about cost, as long as something can hit all the points.
Mayby consider samsung g7 32" 1440p - it's a VA - but its the fastest VA on the market - allmost as fast as TN - i have one, it's really nice

not so serious review: https://www.ign.com/articles/samsung-odyssey-g7-review

Oh - 1440p 32s...

Uh RTNGS has some ips 32-inch monitors that might fit the bill... But 32 at 1440p has 24 inch 1080p level pixel density.

(Hence the link to the 4k 32s)

well, both our answers where wrong..

OP did not want VA, so the only reason i suggested that was because of the quick pixels, it feels more like a TN
and OP really did not want 4k..

4k is nice, but not for everybody.

my perfect screen would be next gen g7 32" 4k VA - i would never personally buy a ips 32 4k with blb and glow and poor contrast..

LG 32GP83B-B.

32" NanoIPS panel; 165hz Freesync (Gsync-compatible); wide color gamut (98% DCI-P3) with functional sRGB mode. Currently $500 at your local (maybe) Best Buy.

Got one a couple months ago. Happy with it so far.

RTings is going to drop the review for the 32GP850 soon. It's the same thing, but with 180hz overclocking (meh), motion-blur reduction (historically lacking), and a USB3 hub (woohoo), for an extra $100 -- but the review will probably be an adequate representation of the 32GP83B.

----------[EDIT]----------

LG 32GP850 review @ RTings

Last edited:
Mayby consider samsung g7 32" 1440p - it's a VA - but its the fastest VA on the market - allmost as fast as TN - i have one, it's really nice

not so serious review: https://www.ign.com/articles/samsung-odyssey-g7-review

Yeah I have one of those also, a huge improvement over their last 32" VA.

LG 32GP83B-B.

32" NanoIPS panel; 165hz Freesync (Gsync-compatible); wide color gamut (98% DCI-P3) with functional sRGB mode. Currently $500 at your local (maybe) Best Buy.

Got one a couple months ago. Happy with it so far.

RTings is going to drop the review for the 32GP850 soon. It's the same thing, but with 180hz overclocking (meh), motion-blur reduction (historically lacking), and a USB3 hub (woohoo), for an extra $100 -- but the review will probably be an adequate representation of the 32GP83B.

----------[EDIT]----------

LG 32GP850 review @ RTings
Really appreciate the suggestions, these look great! Genuinely excited.

Any thoughts on the Samsung G7 vs. LG 32GP850? Both look like great monitors and seems they fared comparatively on Rtings.

If recent sales are any indication, looks like it may be possible to snag a new G7 for mid $500's too, There was a sale just a week before I posted this apparently.

Really appreciate the suggestions, these look great! Genuinely excited.

Any thoughts on the Samsung G7 vs. LG 32GP850? Both look like great monitors and seems they fared comparatively on Rtings.

If recent sales are any indication, looks like it may be possible to snag a new G7 for mid $500's too, There was a sale just a week before I posted this apparently.
Probably mostly comes down to how you feel about contrast ratio vs curved displays. Personally, curved displays weird me out, and I can deal with kinda-meh black levels.

I just bought 3 of the 32" LG 32GP83B-B monitors from bestbuy over the weekend. No issues with any of them so far. Gsync was recognized immediately upon plugin.

It's not exactly what you are looking for but just to chime in I have put in an order for the FV43U which is a very impressive 144hz 4k HDR VA display with DSC and backlight strobe & VRR all working together. I will review it when it arrives this week.

Back