Are their risk mitigation lawyers asleep?

Discussion in 'Apple Products' started by Trepidati0n, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Trepidati0n

Trepidati0n [H]ardForum Junkie

2. W.Feather

W.Feather Hard DC'er for Aug 2012/ Feb 2019

Ehhh

I run a full smart house, if you leave something that is voice activated to unlock something thats on you. This is not a security flaw of the product, its PEBKAC error.....However I love that a fear mongering title was used :D (I also use a Smart Things controller fwiw...)

3. Snowdog

Snowdog [H]ardForum Junkie

Yep.

That and It actually looks more like a stunt someone pulled to get attention. "Hey, I bet if I could get it to open the door from outside...".
    Followed by trail and error, positioning of iPad and opening windows, until it works.

I doubt a typical positioning inside a house, with closed doors/windows would pick up intelligible enough voice to do this just by fluke.

4. W.Feather

Yup ... Smells more that someone is just attention whoring. Of course if you put something with Hey Siri by a door, and yell Hey siri it will trigger ... they can call ubers as well that way ... If apple is at fault for this, so are you for hiding a key under your fake rock...

5. Trepidati0n

Trepidati0n [H]ardForum Junkie

I disagree. The default should be "secure". This would be like the home builder putting a key in a fake rock outside of your house and not telling you because "well, why wouldn't you want it". I'm always amazed at how tech savvy people think it is "a good thing" in some demented way that a large majority of the people that use the technology can be hurt by it and then blame them for it when it happens when they both know better and secondarily take know action knowing better.

6. -Strelok-

-Strelok- [H]ardForum Junkie

I'm always amazed at how retarded "tech savvy people" get when it comes to Apple. Oh you need to go and change a setting? WOW THATS TOO HARD WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT.

7. Snowdog

Snowdog [H]ardForum Junkie

I doubt a majority of people will leave a running ipad controlling their door locks, near an open window, and advertise that information.

8. W.Feather

......If you are installing a smart lock you are automatically in the tech savy catagory. If you are installing a smart lock, leaving it controllable by voice that is not your own, and putting a device that can control said lock, then I cannot help you. Common sense needs to ring out.....