Are the 84.21 drivers responsible for IQ probs in Source?

Sizer

Limp Gawd
I have a XFX 7600GT XXX edition, 84.21 drivers. The problem is terrible pixel crawling in Source games. I just checked UT2k4 and it does not have the same problem. I'm running things in high quality, so this shouldn't be happening in the first place. I've tried different AA and AF settings and it makes no difference. High performance mode doesn't help, and in fact, it gives worse shimmering than my 6800.

I've messed with lod bias and texture clamp settings, but nothing helps.

badiq1.gif

badiq2.gif

When playing the problem is severe enough to be a distraction and is a huge eyesore. It really sticks out on the edges of walls. I was worried that my card might be overheating or dying, but the temp gauge doesn't report anything out of the ordinary, and again, UT2k4 isn't doing this.

You're not overclocking the card at all, are you? Sometimes if your core or memory clock rate is just sliiiightly too high you can get that kind of artifacting. And sometimes it will only show up in one game/app versus no anomalies in another.

Try a newer driver release?

I played through HL2 singleplayer last week and don't recall seeing any of that kind of problem. It was awesome in fact. :D

I think I was using the 84.29 drivers....

Head over to www.guru3d.com and download a newer/different driver revision.

Blue Falcon said:
You're not overclocking the card at all, are you? Sometimes if your core or memory clock rate is just sliiiightly too high you can get that kind of artifacting. And sometimes it will only show up in one game/app versus no anomalies in another.

Try a newer driver release?

I played through HL2 singleplayer last week and don't recall seeing any of that kind of problem. It was awesome in fact. :D

I think I was using the 84.29 drivers....

Head over to www.guru3d.com and download a newer/different driver revision.

Havn't overclocked it. It runs @ 590/1600 standard, though.

Sizer said:
Havn't overclocked it. It runs @ 590/1600 standard, though.
try underclocking because that is way over the 560/1400 specs on a normal 7600gt. my bfg had to be underclocked to run properly. it would cause artifacts at its 580/1450 factory settings.

Lord_Exodia said:
Try these drivers for that card. They work alot better than the official driver http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1385

Tried them, didn't help.

trek554 said:
try underclocking because that is way over the 560/1400 specs on a normal 7600gt. my bfg had to be underclocked to run properly. it would cause artifacts at its 580/1450 factory settings.

If that's the case with my card then I might send it back. It's advertised to work properly at 590/1600, so it should.

Sizer said:
Tried them, didn't help.

If that's the case with my card then I might send it back. It's advertised to work properly at 590/1600, so it should.
i sent mine back.

Back