Are the 1tb drive for sale anywhere?

marcusicp

Limp Gawd
I was wanting to get a few for back ups but I cant seem to find them anywhere. Are they in stock anywhere? I would assume that any external enclosure would work with these right? Thanks!

not on any sites I frequent.
It's not uncommon for stuff like this to only be available via OEMs for a while.

Yeah i heard rumour that Dell will have them as an option soon but itll be a while before they hit the stores.

But the thing im happy about is they have already affected the prices of smaller disks.

The best value for money has shifted from 320gb to 500gb so a couple of 500gb will be coming my soon :D

I guess I can hold out a little longer. I was hoping to be able to back up everything soon. I really dont want to burn 3tb on DVD's......

Yes they are out but they are Hitatchi only at the moment. Also they seem to come and go in terms of availiblity, so I assume they have very limited stock of them.

Yes they are out but they are Hitatchi only at the moment. Also they seem to come and go in terms of availiblity, so I assume they have very limited stock of them.

You've actually seen them in stock? Aside from the Dell System Build pages I've yet to see them available anywhere.

You've actually seen them in stock? Aside from the Dell System Build pages I've yet to see them available anywhere.

Yes, like I said, they come and they go. If you sit around and wait, you can actually purchase one.

I'm waiting for seagate or wd's offerings.

Yes they are.

A quick look on froogle shows that they appeared this week, heres one for example

$370

That is pretty damn cheap.

I saw one go for $420 on ebay last week. By this summer I will own one, :p

also alienware is starting to offer these 1tb drives, but thats only because bought them. I plan on buying one but not until fall maybe.:cool:

Yes they are.

A quick look on froogle shows that they appeared this week, heres one for example

$370

That is pretty damn cheap.

I saw one go for $420 on ebay last week. By this summer I will own one, :p

Ummm it is backordered. I have been looking all over froogle and other price sites and have yet to find one in stock and ready to ship. You got my hopes up and I was pulling out my credit card as the page loaded and then BAM backordered! Oh well the search continues...

Sorry.

I swear it had availability earlier, though I did link to it in a few places so its quite possible someone bought it up.

I wonder what the RIAA and MPAA are thinking when these drives come out like this, i'm guessing most people can't legally fill up 2tb or more of data. Unless you go crazy on the dvr or video imaging.

I have 300-350ish DVD's that i own. I have them ripped to a server for my HTPC. It is a gray area because they are not in there original form but, as long as I dont share or sell them I dont see how they can really care. I mean I buy the movie that I put on the server...

I have 300-350ish DVD's that i own. I have them ripped to a server for my HTPC. It is a gray area because they are not in there original form but, as long as I dont share or sell them I dont see how they can really care. I mean I buy the movie that I put on the server...

Just curious, how do you do that? That sounds like a neat idea

Back