Are Sony Playstations in short supply right now? Pro specifically.

westrock2000

[H]F Junkie
I have been wanting to get a Playstation 4 Pro since FF7 came out. But Best Buy has not had any Playstation of any kind in stock for the last 2 weeks I have been looking. Best Buy is my preferred place to buy, but I have also checked other brick and mortar stores and look to have limited availability or none, Walmart, Microcenter. Game Stop does look to have them in stock depending on the store.

I know Japan has put major restrictions on shipping to America in the last month due to COVID, but I guess there wasn't a lot of backstock to get through the crisis?

I have been wanting to get a Playstation 4 Pro since FF7 came out. But Best Buy has not had any Playstation of any kind in stock for the last 2 weeks I have been looking. Best Buy is my preferred place to buy, but I have also checked other brick and mortar stores and look to have limited availability or none, Walmart, Microcenter. Game Stop does look to have them in stock depending on the store.

I know Japan has put major restrictions on shipping to America in the last month due to COVID, but I guess there wasn't a lot of backstock to get through the crisis?

Well tons of people at home with nothing to do due to the human malware and Sony launching a new console at the end of the year may limit availability as Sony would not like to be stuck with unsellable inventory.

Well tons of people at home with nothing to do due to the human malware and Sony launching a new console at the end of the year may limit availability as Sony would not like to be stuck with unsellable inventory.

Ahh, ok I hadn't put much thought into the PS5. I thought maybe that was next year or something. Perhaps I'll wait and get that (and hope for backwards compatiblity). I'm mostly just wanting to play FF7 and Death Stranding so far from PS world.

the Pro has always seemed to be in short supply...1 year ago, 6 months ago etc...any time I check they are either not in stock anywhere or only in stock for a few days

My local BestBuy has stock for $400:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-4-pro-console-jet-black/5388900.p?skuId=5388900

My Walmart has it for $460.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-PlayStation-4-Pro-1TB-Gaming-Console-Black-CUH-7115/562745471

Ans everyone has the standard console available for MSRP.

This isn't like trying to find a standard Switch here. There's just a little unexpected demand for the product (and people are buying-up the Pros more than standard, because they finally have a reason to!)

Back