are scythe fans really worth $47 more than yate loons?

malicious

Supreme [H]ardness
here's the deal

slipstream case fans and s-flex rad fans................ $67.78

yate loons case fans and yate loon rad fans ...........$20.40

think the scythes are worth $47 more?

All my fans are by Scythe. I can't stand fans that use ball bearings because of the sound frequencies they produce. They also do have a nice long warranty.

It's your money though. Spend it how you think is best.

yea i hate bearing ticks

the yate loons in question are sleeve

when it's one fan it's no big deal.... $7 here $13 bucks there.... but when you're buying 7 fans it adds up damn.....

i think i'd rather get a $150 gpu vs. $100 gpu with the savings....

Yeah, it's tough to justify the added cost but one strength in the Scythe is quality control. You may run into a bad sample of Yates because they are cheap after all. You could buy an extra Yate to hedge your chances. Generally the low speed Yate is comparable in airflow and noise to the S-Flex mid speed, and the mid speed Yate is comparable to the high speed S-Flex. Also in case you don't know, you can find higher performing Yates at Petra's Tech Shop. Search around Xtremesystems if you need more data.

I've learned my lesson about Yates. I do believe PTS has the higher quality ones for the ones I bought at SVC were crap. One blew a LED in a month, and other totally stopped spinning in 5 months. If you're getting yates, get them from PTS, other wise, go for some Scythes...

I think it depends how sensitive to sound you are and if you wear headphones/listen to music while on the computer. Personally, whatever sound the computer makes is drowned out by my music.

they are out of stock at PTS

i'm going to pick up 3 1200 S-Flex versions for $10 each shipped from the forum here... good deal

going to try to find a deal on 4 1600rpm s-flex's for my rad too...

i wish someone had San Ace 1011 in stock for cheap :)

they are out of stock at PTS

i'm going to pick up 3 1200 S-Flex versions for $10 each shipped from the forum here... good deal

going to try to find a deal on 4 1600rpm s-flex's for my rad too...

i wish someone had San Ace 1011 in stock for cheap :)

a guy at xs has 3 san ace's for sale for $47

that's a good deal ... in the last 10 min though i've been thinking about my setup ... i think i'm going to stick with 25mm in pull w/ shroud

if i went to 38mm i'd have to make the shroud small or something and I want it to be about 30mm

plus from the XS test it looks like some of the 25mm radiator ALL STARs do just about as good as the San Ace's

good looking out though..

Back