Are Q6600 prices going up?

gnewbury

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - September 2007
I've been tracking Q6600 prices for a few weeks, wanting to get a new folder, primarily at the egg, mwave and zip-zoom-fly, hoping that the prices were going to start down.
They started out at around $272 at all three. Mwave and zzf have gone up a couple of bucks, but today the egg has it for $290!
Anyone have any insight to what's happening?
Or better prices?

Wow, Ive been tracking the prices too and last night ZZF and Newegg were exactly the same $279.99. Now ZZF is down about .09 cents and newegg is up to almost $290. Hope it drops after christmas so i can buy myself one.

Well with my AMDx2 3800 getting about 700ppd, and the chip going for $70 or less I might just get an upgrade to another old 939 board. I imagine that the q6600 will drop by about $70 in 6 months or so.

Must be a demand thing. Hopefully it won't be too bad of a price hike.

you could get a xeon 3210. they fit the same board. are 2.13 ghz. and most of them OC nicely.

Prices ALWAYS do this in October-December for the Xmas season. I was lucky to get my last Q6600 for $271, but I did pay $300 for my first one...

Get it real soon, or wait til February after the Intel Penryns come out...unless you like wallet rapage for Xmas. :)

Hey gnewbury ---

I sent you a PM.

p.s. I paid $180 for a GO stepping Q6600 which included a really nice C2D hat and some kind of a bag. But that deal is no longer available. I got it straight from Intel.

Intel has what they call a reseller program. Works out very well. I've bought 3 CPU's from them in the last year, plus 3 motherboards. But you have to qualify as a reseller. They are very strict. But I know some of the [H]orde could qualify.

:D

They were $270 last week at frys, you even got a free MB(crappy ecs)....

Back