Are Cisco 2514 routers even used at all? Useful at all? I just got 2 for free...

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
Are Cisco 2514 routers even used at all? Useful at all? I just got 2 for free...

Any recommendations? Could I use it as my home router (I have Cablevision Cable Internet with SpeedBoost that's going to a Netgear ProSafe VPN router right now)? Is it feasible?

If anyone wants one (or both), you can pick it up (ZIP: 07013) for free or pay for shipping.

Thanks!

If they have more than one Ethernet port on them they are useful, or to someone needing to learn Cisco IOS.

But free is always good!

Wish I got free stuff like that.

Where do people get free Cisco stuff? I'm lucky to get free computer parts.

The 2514 does have two AUI ports which take Ethernet transceivers. They could definitely be useful for someone...

The only problem is their throughput is pretty crappy. But if you wanna use them for lab purposes, it's better than a stick in the eye. (Or a router-on-a-stick...)

i believe we used these in our CCNA lab...looks identical (could be diff IOS or totally different router though...)

they would be great for anyone studdying for the CCNA exams...i almost want it for at home but itd serve no real purpose since id need a switch and wireless AP to make use of it...and itd bottleneck the internet anyway :p

awesome for lab use though!

Could I use it as my home router (I have Cablevision Cable Internet with SpeedBoost that's going to a Netgear ProSafe VPN router right now)? Is it feasible?

They lack the performance for VPN, mostly a learning tool any more.

Back