Are Beyer velour pads more comfy than AD700/AD900?

kniah

2[H]4U
I just picked up a pair of AD900s and they are pretty comfy except the pads are somewhat itchy. I'm thinking about either picking up a W1000 pleather pad set to try out, or perhaps the Beyer DT880s if the velour pads tend to be more comfortable and less itchy. Do the DT880s tend to behave more like open or closed headphones (i.e. do they get hot after extended use, sound airy, etc.)?

Anyone have experience with these two brands? Thanks in advance.

DT 880s are certainly as comfy as headphones get. Yes. They are more comfy than the 770 b/c they are open and clamp a bit less. Plus, they are an excellent all around headphone.

I have the DT 770's, pretty similar to the 880's I believe. They are 100% closed headphones, block out a helluva lot of outside noise. The GF's desk is 5 feet from mine and when I have these cans on I cannot hear her speak :evil:

Also, IMO, they are pretty damn comfy!

Arkangyl- do you find the pads on your DT770s to be itchy at all? Do they get hot after extending listening?

Arkangyl- do you find the pads on your DT770s to be itchy at all? Do they get hot after extending listening?

Not itchy, slightly hot/warm. DT880 is the same, but not hot.

The pads on beyers are as comfy as they get IMO. Never had them itch me or get warm.

Also, the AD700 pads are not comfy, especially if you put it next to beyers.

Just wanted to post an update. I ended up getting a pair of Beyer DT880s and they are comfortable and sound fantastic. The sound is much fuller than the AD900s and the added bass is a nice improvement. Best part is the velour pads are not itchy at all. Thanks for all your help!

Back