Are any of these true wireless ear buds any good?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
I see a crap ton out there and bad reviews on even the major brands.

Does anyone have a pair that they love and that simply works? If so, please tell me what they are.

thanks

Interested as well. Wife asked for a pair to be put on her Christmas list.

I've been using them for a while and have gone through a couple of pairs. I'm currently on the Jaybird Vistas and I have to say, they are a FANTASTIC set for being true wireless. The sound is great, the app for the phone is fantastic and has great custom EQ profiles (many are community made) and they fit in the ear great without bulging out from the side and looking stupid (i.e., airpods dangling out of your ears like earrings). But truthfully it depends on what you are after. I use them mainly in the gym, and they are waterproof, they don't fall out of my ears under any circumstances (running, crossfit, etc.) all while sounding pretty damn good. I've heard slightly better (Sony WF-1000XM3) but those didn't have the same IPX7 rating for water resistance - and I sweat a lot in the gym so this is a must. I keep my Vistas in the car and I'm in the gym about 10 hours a week and only have to bring them in the house twice a month to charge via USB, which you can easily do in your car as well if you have multiple USB ports and leave them connected when not in use.

You're talking the "individual" ear pieces?

I prefer a good set of wireless neckphones. Why? Costs less than half as much. Doesn't have nearly as many problems. You won't lose "one" ear piece. You won't die if you have to buy another.

IMHO, if you are demanding about quality, you're not using earbuds at all.

Why are people buying Airpod clones? Just because IMHO. I can't see any other good reason.

I see a crap ton out there and bad reviews on even the major brands.

Does anyone have a pair that they love and that simply works? If so, please tell me what they are.

thanks

I got the Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo True Wireless Earbuds. I do love them, they fit great, very good sound, battery life is great, and the bluetooth connection is fast and the range is great.

They were also stupid cheap. $39 after an amazon instant coupon. For the money it is a no brainer.

https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Headphones-Noise-Canceling-Sweatproof/dp/B07MCGZK3B

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: xx0xx
like this
Got three sets of these in the family and really like them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JJL4HSN

Dudios Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earbuds,True Wireless Headphone HiFi Stereo Sound Mini in-Ear Sweatproof Headset (One-Button Control, Binaural Call, 4 hrs Music Time, Auto Pairing) - $27.99

I have the Dudios Free Mini... it is "fine" .. however more prone to dropouts than I would prefer I also have (because I got them NIB from ebay $13) some altec lansing MZX635's which probably sound ~better then the dudios for music..but have too much lag for video (audio will be ~1sec out of sync which is quite annoying.. the dudios don't sync either but the it is a smaller lack of sync making it ~meh but livable..

I paid very little for my two sets because I don't really like earbuds .. I wanted them for the gym mainly... if I ever get a pair that actually syncs with video =\ properly maybe for travel also.. probably.. if I'm honest my AudioTechnia M50X's were a pain in the *** on the 10hr flight to Dublin Ireland.. cumbersome.

I think all these super cheapos are all ~meh. sound wise.

I kinda wonder if some of the "bad" reviews of the more premium devices are because of people using them in places with a lot of interference.. i.e. the gym.. 30 other people using Bluetooth earbuds nearby.. pretty good chance the signal is getting stepped on somewhat? or who knows maybe the source (their phone..etc) has a crap Bluetooth out? Wireless is "better" than it was but it still not as good as wired ..more convenient but with trade-offs.

I do like the touch controls on the Free Mini over the button on the Altec Lansing's as there is less of a feeling of cramming the earbuds into your head with the touch controls vs. the physical button.

blah blah.. if anyone figures this out let me know.. so far I'm only at ~meh fine for the gym because I'm not wearing over ear headphones at the gym because that is stupid.. Honestly almost any time other than gym or flight I'd prefer over ear headphones however.

Steve Guttenberg recommended the cheap Tin hifi T4, 79 USD
But these naturally are not wireless...

The anker soundcore sound is very good. Neutral but bassy enough. I have not had drop outs or connection issues of any kind.
Bluetooth range is very good. I can keep my phone anywhere and I only lose connection when I am in the farthest corner of the house.

Fit is great too.

The anker soundcore sound is very good. Neutral but bassy enough. I have not had drop outs or connection issues of any kind.
Bluetooth range is very good. I can keep my phone anywhere and I only lose connection when I am in the farthest corner of the house.

Fit is great too.
Good stuff. This may be the route I go for my wife for Christmas.

Good stuff. This may be the route I go for my wife for Christmas.

For the price I just don't see how it can get any better than these. I almost got Raycon's but these were half the price and seemed exactly the same.
If you have any questions about them or want pics let me know.

I'm looking into the Razer Hammerhead True wireless buds. There is one with a band behind the neck. Not talking about those.

Update:
So I have used these a lot now and for the most part am happy about the purchase.
HOWEVER
I have uncovered a downside to these that I am pretty unhappy about.

The sound volume. Cranked up in a quiet room they seem loud enough. But say, you are mowing the lawn...NOPE can't hear shit even on full volume.
Even like, on a plane, I can have them maxed out and it is JUST ENOUGH, they should be louder. Much louder.

Sorry to anyone who bought these on my initial impression, because this is a huge issue for me personally.

If you're an iOS user, I've been enjoying:
https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Wirele..._1_3?keywords=aukey+t10&qid=1575615045&sr=8-3
AAC support only, no APT-X. Not ideal if you're on Android.

Pros:
-They sound pretty good
-Wireless charging case (which for some reason no other third party has).
-Also USB-C, so forward thinking on two fronts
-7 hours+ of listening time (of course subject to volume) +Another 17 hours with the case.
-Controls that actually make sense (for some reason a lot of companies have garbage controls)
-Not sound cancelling, but because they're designed to go in like earplugs they keep a lot of sound out. Enough that on walks/runs with them I can't really hear other people or traffic (which can be a pro or con depending on how aware of your surroundings you are). They won't keep out airplane noise though.
-Very Premium packaging feel, and product design

Cons:
-The Case is kinda big. Definitely not as pocket-able as airpods. If you have ultra tight pants or don't carry a bag they might not be convenient to carry around.
-It might just be my pair, but I do have to realign the rubber ear fitment parts fairly often. It is possible to lose the earpieces.
-No app so no customization. But personally I'm happy because they do what they're supposed to do without the need for an app.

I've been using my set since August. I've been very happy with them. I use them mostly while working out, but I have used them while walking around while traveling.

Last edited:
The wife finally handed over the razer hammerhead for my birthday last night. They sound really good for about 1/2 the price of airpods.

I'm still using the Samsung Galaxy Buds with my Note 10+. For my particular ears, they fit great and stay put and sound great. I've also used them paired to my computer as well with no issues. The plus side for me is the carrying case / charger. It's USB C and Wireless, so I can charge it in the same places I charge the phone, which is convenient.

I'm still using the Samsung Galaxy Buds with my Note 10+. For my particular ears, they fit great and stay put and sound great. I've also used them paired to my computer as well with no issues. The plus side for me is the carrying case / charger. It's USB C and Wireless, so I can charge it in the same places I charge the phone, which is convenient.
Those are very nice and comfortable as well.

I hope someone comes up with a true wireless MMCX adapter.

My ears are not shaped like most people's, and as a result both AirPods and other bulky headphones are painful to wear for more than a few minutes.

My Sony MDR-EX800STs, on the other hand, sound and feel great. Would be nice to eventually convert them to wireless.

Back