Are 5700xt AIB Models in stock anywhere?

suiken_2mieu

2[H]4U
I'm constantly refreshing newegg and occassionally checking amazon and just cant find any in stock anywhere. Is anyone having any success buying these cards?

Reactions: c3k
like this
Getting annoying. It's September and still no AIB stock. That $100 I'm "saving" by not getting a 2070S NOW, is getting eaten' up by depreciation/time.

I was able to snag 2 AIB cards last week, both are getting delivered tomorrow. I don't plan on keeping both, so I'll be throwing one up on the For Sale / Trade forum here just to break even on the one. I was able to snag the Gigabyte Gaming 5700xt (3 fan model) and the Asrock 5700xt challenger.

i waiting out a strix card if its 450 or less. i heard next week they should start showing up.

In case this is near anyone, the Microcenter in Duluth, GA has the ASRock 5700 XT Challenger in stock as of Sunday.

Micro Center in Tustin, CA gets restocked about once a week, and they're sold out of custom cards the same day.

Part of the problem is you got guys like jbean buying crap to resell along with the bots that do the same thing you're competing with.

Online venues suffer from this considerably with any high profile product release..

You'll always have better luck hitting the brick and morters.

Part of the problem is you got guys like jbean buying crap to resell along with the bots that do the same thing you're competing with.

Online venues suffer from this considerably with any high profile product release..

Absolutely, there are more custom 5700 series cards in my local OfferUp than any etailer/retailers, all with a minimum $100 mark up.

to me, these are all basically still reference boards. When are we going to see a third party board that does something worth more than a different heatsink like add more/better ram?

to me, these are all basically still reference boards. When are we going to see a third party board that does something worth more than a different heatsink like add more/better ram?

I'd say probably the Strix and Nitro boards won't be reference.

The PowerColor Red Devil, MSI Evoke, Sapphire Pulse, and ASUS STRIX all have custom PCBs, so they're all already doing something different. Consensus seems to be it's likely the memory controller holding back the memory speeds, so you likely won't see any improvement there, and there's no reason to include more than 8 GB of RAM on a consumer card of this performance level as it will almost certainly never be used. Wait for the inevitable 5900 cards for that sort of thing.

There's a bounty of AIB 5700 xts, pretty much every brand, available in the UK.

If they don't feel the need to go with more ram, then the only other change that would really matter is physically smaller cards.

Whatever changes they have been doing to the reference design so far appears to not really matter much more than offering better mounting options for their big heatsinks.

And quieter operation, which seems to be a big issue for some people (even though the stock cooler isn't actually that loud.)

So I ended up getting a gigabyte 5700 xt gaming oc card. Couldn't risk the chance of Borderlands 3 coming out and me playing it on my RX480. I'm positive big navi will come out in like 3 weeks now and it'll be like 500 bucks for 30% faster card or some nonsense but whatever. that's the way it always is with video cards.

seems like it's getting easier and easier to get these online now. Not really worried about quality control in heatsink installation since I plan on re-applying it myself, which seems to be most of the differentiating issues between the currently available lineup.

So I ended up getting a gigabyte 5700 xt gaming oc card. Couldn't risk the chance of Borderlands 3 coming out and me playing it on my RX480. I'm positive big navi will come out in like 3 weeks now and it'll be like 500 bucks for 30% faster card or some nonsense but whatever. that's the way it always is with video cards.

seems like it's getting easier and easier to get these online now. Not really worried about quality control in heatsink installation since I plan on re-applying it myself, which seems to be most of the differentiating issues between the currently available lineup.

I think you'll be safe there. Everything I have read so far points to big Navi coming in 2020. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the Gigabyte. It's the only AIB 5700xt available in my country.

should find out by monday.

Granted, most of my comments about it will be linux centric. I had a couple options ...including some of the physically smaller cards. I went with the GB because it ran cooler.

The low end Powercolor ($410), the AsRock Challenger (3rd party, $500) and the MSI Evoke($430)are all in stock at Newegg right now. I'd pull the trigger right now but I haven't seen reviews of the first two at all, let alone compared to the Sapphire Pulse. Avoiding the MSI cards altogether...reviews I've seen make it sound like it's loud and hot, and not much better than the reference blower cards.

Didn't purchase with the intent to resell.. bought the ASrock Challenger on a whim but when the Gigabyte 3 fan cooler came out I wanted to have that card instead. Newegg is not allowing money back on returns or I would have gone that route.

Seeing that MSI Mech (which looks like their Gaming X series) instock, but found a reddit review that said it was really loud. Not sure why MSI is dropping the ball on their AMD GPUs.

Holdover from the GPP contract?

Seeing that MSI Mech (which looks like their Gaming X series) instock, but found a reddit review that said it was really loud. Not sure why MSI is dropping the ball on their AMD GPUs.

Kind of shocking isn't it? Like, do they NOT run their cards through the same gamut of tests that a gamersnexus or guru3D does?

I'd imagine they had issues at a 3rd party assembly type situation, and down the road their cards will come to be on par with their counterparts.

they run a higher fan curve to get a higher boost clock but the difference is only 1% or if you're lucky 2% fps boost.. that was their attempt to make their cards have an increased value over the other cards. also with the evoke they're using thermal pads that are too small, i wouldn't be surprised if the mech has the same problem.

I told newegg I purchased two 5700xt cards by mistake, they approved a refund on the ASrock Challenger since it's unopened. Sending it back tomorrow, glad i don't have to worry about selling it on ebay or on here. So at least one will be coming back in stock probably early next week :)

The Sapphire Nitro+ has a listing at Newegg ($450 shipped) now. Out of stock of course, but you can get your e-mail on the auto-notify!

MSI Mech series appears to be good. Also, the 5700 has only one 8 pin connector and runs well, from what TimmyJoe showed us. :) And it and the XT version are in stock.

Why not get an rtx 2070 super when you're that close?

Was just posting as an FYI, but leaning that way actually. Been waiting since July for a card like the Sapphire Pulse to be in stock. (great aftermarket cooling, only a $10-20 premium over reference)

Really getting tired of waiting. Might just pull the trigger on the vanilla PowerColor card.

But two reasons are the $500 mental block, and that I recently bought the LG 34" 950F. Freesync 2. :/

Newegg is toying with me on the Sapphire RX5700XT Pulse. Got an autonotify alert at 9:01pm EST, and then again at 9:31pm EST . I was literally on the page when the second one came thru, hit refresh a dozen time. Never once saw an "Add To Cart". :(

Back