Are 5700xt AIB Models in stock anywhere?

So the Sapphire Pulse 5700XT is in stock this morning. Just ordered. $442 w/ 3 day shipping. Sales tax. Ew. I miss the good ole' days.

It's weird not buying things on Amazon and actually paying shipping.

So the Sapphire Pulse 5700XT is in stock this morning. Just ordered. $442 w/ 3 day shipping. Sales tax. Ew. I miss the good ole' days.

link goes to the nitro+ not the pulse.

lol nvm neweggs forcing it to show the nitro+ page.. well playing newegg, well played..

gigabyte gaming oc is on newegg and the xfx thicc II are in stock on newegg and amazon..

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5700-xt-gv-r57xtgaming-oc-8gd/p/N82E16814932208

https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-rx-5700-xt-rx-57xt826d6/p/N82E16814150824

Last edited:
link goes to the nitro+ not the pulse.

lol nvm neweggs forcing it to show the nitro+ page.. well playing newegg, well played..

Woah. Crazy. Didn't know it did that. Bet all my links are junk in this thread now. :( The Nitro was actually in stock yesterday for a bit as well, but I didn't bother posting because it literally lasted a blink of an eye.

*edit*

Wouldn't that be some shit if I get a Nitro in the mail tomorrow for $442? :)

The Nitro would be nice if it came..... I just could not pull the trigger on a $500 card with tax! Ended up getting the Sapphire Pulse from Amazon, they say it will be here first week of Oct. I'm not in a hurry this is the first step in my system upgrade because my Windforce 970 took a dump on me and had to put the HD5870 back in:)

Will be running it with my 4770K@4Ghz 8Meg ram till I upgrade the MB and get the Ryzen 3700x with 16 or 32Meg of memory.... it's been a long time since my last update.
coynatha let us all know how your upgrade goes.

The Nitro would be nice if it came..... I just could not pull the trigger on a $500 card with tax! Ended up getting the Sapphire Pulse from Amazon, they say it will be here first week of Oct. I'm not in a hurry this is the first step in my system upgrade because my Windforce 970 took a dump on me and had to put the HD5870 back in:)

Will be running it with my 4770K@4Ghz 8Meg ram till I upgrade the MB and get the Ryzen 3700x with 16 or 32Meg of memory.... it's been a long time since my last update.
coynatha let us all know how your upgrade goes.

I've only got a couple hours on it. Lots of stuttering in Black Ops 4 negating the jump from the GTX 1070. I'm really disappointed there...I know it says the FPS is higher, but it doesn't feel like it. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta ran like a dream. Doom 2016 smooth as butter. Clearly issues when the PC goes to sleep/hibernation. It either won't come back on, or if it does, the image quality is complete shit and I have to restart. Also experienced complete system shutdowns after leaving my PC to download some games on Epic Games store. Not sure if at all related.

Realized I'm only running a 520w Seasonic PS (says right on the box of the Sapphire 600w required!), so I ordered up a new 850w 80+ Titanium. See if that helps with the issues I'm seeing so far.

Don't want to derail this thread, might start a new one if I get more/can't fix the issues. Or FIND a fix for any of them.

Feels weird paying sales tax online now. Shame MicroCenter does not a have a location in tax free Delaware or I'd pick up a 5700 XT while driving through just to save myself $25-$30 tax. And shipping charges too.

I've only got a couple hours on it. Lots of stuttering in Black Ops 4 negating the jump from the GTX 1070. I'm really disappointed there...I know it says the FPS is higher, but it doesn't feel like it. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta ran like a dream. Doom 2016 smooth as butter. Clearly issues when the PC goes to sleep/hibernation. It either won't come back on, or if it does, the image quality is complete shit and I have to restart. Also experienced complete system shutdowns after leaving my PC to download some games on Epic Games store. Not sure if at all related.

Realized I'm only running a 520w Seasonic PS (says right on the box of the Sapphire 600w required!), so I ordered up a new 850w 80+ Titanium. See if that helps with the issues I'm seeing so far.

Don't want to derail this thread, might start a new one if I get more/can't fix the issues. Or FIND a fix for any of them.

depends on your whole system.. the pulse i believe can peak at up to 280w without manually overclocking it. but could be an OCP issue if the cards going in and out of certain power state.. as far as BO4 there seems to still be a vram issue where it's not offloading textures and then once it fills the 8GB on the card shit goes downhill quick. whether it's a driver issue or a game problem who knows but if it's a game problem i doubt activision will ever bother to fix it with the new game coming out.

It's more about the amps than the wattage. However a 520W might not be enough for your current setup. Plus AMD typically has higher power consumption.

from the issues described, i dont see how you would come to the conclusion that the powersupply is the fault.

complete shutdown when the video card is idle puts that to bed pretty simply.

It sounds like you either have issues with filesystem corruption or ram issues / PCIE data bus corruption (bad overclock settings, bad contact with a board or faulty motherboard) .

under full load, a weak psu would potentially give you lower voltages than needed and could lead to memory corruption ....but it wouldn't care which games you played, it would happen to anything that put a heavy enough load on the system... and it wouldn't happen when downloading and installing stuff (since the gpu sits idle and consumes almost no power ).

Though, if you picked up a seasonic 850 titanium, it's not like you didn't get something good. I just dont think it'll fix your issues.

from the issues described, i dont see how you would come to the conclusion that the powersupply is the fault.

complete shutdown when the video card is idle puts that to bed pretty simply.

It sounds like you either have issues with filesystem corruption or ram issues / PCIE data bus corruption (bad overclock settings, bad contact with a board or faulty motherboard) .

under full load, a weak psu would potentially give you lower voltages than needed and could lead to memory corruption ....but it wouldn't care which games you played, it would happen to anything that put a heavy enough load on the system... and it wouldn't happen when downloading and installing stuff (since the gpu sits idle and consumes almost no power ).

Though, if you picked up a seasonic 850 titanium, it's not like you didn't get something good. I just dont think it'll fix your issues.

It it's not contributing, then it's entirely the 5700XT and it's shitty drivers/support.

that's always a possibility. If you put the old card back in and none of these issues occur again (especially the issues that happen when idle), then it could very well be a faulty card or some odd incompatibility with your system and it.

Sounds like the best card to get, however it looks like NewEgg increased the price. I swear it was $439 when it first popped in stock?

It was 439 when i got it.
There are a couple options.
Pulse - https://www.centralcomputer.com/sap...xt-8gb-gddr6-pci-e-hdmi-triple-dp-retail.html
Nitro - https://www.centralcomputer.com/sap...xt-8gb-gddr6-pci-e-hdmi-triple-dp-retail.html

No tax if you are not in CA. But shipping may be close to $20. Still overall cheaper than newegg if you have to pay tax + shipping.

I just got a red devil from amazon. I ordered the sept 26 and it came in today. Original ship date was oct 13.

Sounds like the best card to get, however it looks like NewEgg increased the price. I swear it was $439 when it first popped in stock?

the best card is the strix, but for the price I’d might go 2070s. Down from the strix you have msi gaming and red devil. The nitro is a step below them.

Strix is Best as in power delivery. The rest is really a mixed bag. I love the way sapphire did the memory cooling for example.

I would have grabbed an msi gaming x, but the nitro came in stock first.

Must be a US thing, because up here in the Toronto area, most of our Canada Computer chain stores have all the AIB cards in stock, MSI, Asus Strix, Gigabyte (all the models), even the new Sapphire Nitro. The regular 5700 isn't as stocked, but for the XT we have a huge variety, all in stock.

Stock seems to be improving. I just wish the Red Devil was in stock a month ago, I know I probably don't need it but it looks like an awesome card. I am sure the Sapphire Pulse I got will do just fine and I only paid ~$380 for it.

So I've been playing with my Sapphire 5700XT Pulse for a couple weeks now.

Some advice - If you're game is Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, get a 2060S/2070S at this price point.

Last night I tinkered with undervolting/underclocking. Seemed to help immensely with the stuttering. But that just sucks IMO, and shouldn't be "the solution". As it is, NAVI + Black Ops 4 is broken. Whether it's the drivers, the game, the hardware, the ghost of GPP at Activision...it's not a good gaming experience. Why it's still broken is the most frustrating part...the card and the game have been out for months now.

I think I might put my 1070 back in and try to run both cards. *sigh*

*edit*

Also having trouble with refresh rates/color depth. Sometimes on boot or restart, 10 bit/8bit color is super washed out, refresh rate reports only 120Hz when the monitor is set to 144Hz. Have to drop down to 6 bit color to make things look right. I haven't' been able to recreate the issue to pin point what's going on.

Got my Sapphire Pulse a week ago for $409.99 (before tax) from my local Micro Center -- I originally wanted a PowerColor Red Dragon or Red Devil, but they didn't have 'em in stock. They did have lots of MSI MECH/Evoke in stock, though, along with plenty of rebates (guess they are bombing really, really hard). Didn't really want to go for the ASRock Challenger or the Strix (or, for that matter, the "base" PowerColor 5700 XT with "basic" custom cooler -- although kudos to PowerColor for recognizing that many gamers do have a limited budget, but don't want to go with the stock cooler).

Looking at my local Micro Center right now, they have all of those cards in stock (now joined by the Gigabyte option), and some price drops -- the Evoke is now $429.99 (before $20 rebate), the MECH is $439.99 (before $20 rebate), the Red Dragon is now $409.99 (from $429.99), and the Challenger has been adjusted to $399.99 (from $409.99). Red Devils are OOS. Sapphire Pulse is still steady @ $409.99 (guess Micro Center, along with Newegg, priced it right -- better than Amazon, lol).

So I've been playing with my Sapphire 5700XT Pulse for a couple weeks now.

Some advice - If you're game is Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, get a 2060S/2070S at this price point.

Last night I tinkered with undervolting/underclocking. Seemed to help immensely with the stuttering. But that just sucks IMO, and shouldn't be "the solution". As it is, NAVI + Black Ops 4 is broken. Whether it's the drivers, the game, the hardware, the ghost of GPP at Activision...it's not a good gaming experience. Why it's still broken is the most frustrating part...the card and the game have been out for months now.

I think I might put my 1070 back in and try to run both cards. *sigh*

*edit*

Also having trouble with refresh rates/color depth. Sometimes on boot or restart, 10 bit/8bit color is super washed out, refresh rate reports only 120Hz when the monitor is set to 144Hz. Have to drop down to 6 bit color to make things look right. I haven't' been able to recreate the issue to pin point what's going on.

Cable? Are you using HDMI or Display port?

Back