Are 20" monitors widescreen?

JHFerry

Weaksauce
I am in the market for a new LCD. Mostly for some Photoshop hobbies. After reading tons on this forum I am looking at the 2007WFP for the IPS panel it may or may not have. Is this considered a widescreen because it looks sqare to me compared to a 19 or 22" I also noticed the resolution was 1600x1200 and not 1680x1050 so the 20 is actually a little better of a resolution?

Yes it is.Unless you've seen it in person, photos can be a little deceiving.

I have seen other 20" LCDs though and they are Def more square than the other sizes, how does that affect viewing dvds and games and such? In other words, which size is more accurate for games and movies?

I have seen other 20" LCDs though and they are Def more square than the other sizes, how does that affect viewing dvds and games and such? In other words, which size is more accurate for games and movies?
Can't answer these questions for you since i'm still waiting for my first 20'' LCD widescreen monitor, but the aspect ratio is definitely the same.

Jeez, I don't know if this even warrants a response, but yes the 2007WFP is wide...in fact it's a W.ide F.lat P.anel. What's more appropriate for games and movies depends on the games or movies. Some movies are in standard aspect ratio, I believe 4:3, which explains the 1600 x 1200 resolution of a standard panel. I have a 2007WFP, and it's res is not that, that's the resolution of a 2001FP which is standard. I have both so I'm positive about this figures. Seeing as most movies and games are in widescreen or support it, if you have to make a generalization it would be that widescreen is the more appropriate format. The size of the panel has a negligible effect as far as your 19 and 22 inch observation goes...are you sure you're looking at the specs of the right panel?

Your right, I got the model number mixed up because I copied and pasted it from another thread. I got it now.

Keep in mind DELL 2007WFP's ratio is 16:10 and it seems that if you order one these days chances are the panel will be S-IPS.That's all they've been shipping since December.

Thanks, I'm assuming the color accuracy is really good on this correct? Plus I read that it is HDCP compliant now?

Back