Are $100 Droid Tablets from Directron worth it?

Skip_ray

Weaksauce
My girlfriend and mother are both in school for nursing and they had looked at getting a digital medical encylopedia.

Of course I left my DroidX out and they played around and downloaded some apps to it like Epocrates (drug/disease/diagnostic info) and some other apps to look up medical terms and such.

I was thinking of just buying a cheap Droid Tablet for each of them, I figure I should get something that can at least run Angry Birds too.

Does anyone have some suggestions? I've been looking at Directron's website and Tigerdirect. Was looking at spending $100-$150 - but I'm worried about getting a junk touch screen >_<

Does it matter if the Android Market is Pre-Installed?

That does look pretty spiffy for $199 :O I'm not sure they need that much power but for $50 bucks more than most of the tablets I looked at it seems like it'd be worth it. I guess a lil over time would make the difference ^_^

Kinda like that they talk about the screen being tough as hell

Ack, I can't find the Epocrates app on the Nook or on the Amazon App Store (for Droid).

I guess having the App Store Pre-Installed might be somewhat important after all >_< or at least till Epocrates puts their app out on more platforms.

Back