Arctic Liquid Freezer II "recall" / Service Kit for units built late 2021/Early 2022.

TheSlySyl

2[H]4U
I'm mostly just posting this because this is affecting my Liquid Freezer II 420, which I bought on June 7 of this year. So Just in case that anyone else is using one.

1661281043267.png

https://www.arctic.de/us/lf-service-kit

I literally just had to confirm the date that I bought the cooler and they said that one will be in the mail shortly, i'll update this again when I recieve it. Haven't noticed any issues on my own cooler as of yet, but better safe than sorry.

I like the way Artic handled this. The kit looks simple to install. The GN video is pretty thorough and touches on a few good points, but if you want the short and sweet summary there is a quick vid at the linked Artic website that shows how to install it.

Checked out and signed up for the 280mm AIO in my son's system the day this thread was posted and got the kit last week. I'll have to wait until the next time I take a trip to my son's place to install it but it's not a big deal because he hasn't seen any problems yet.

Hm. I have an as of yet uninstalled Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 , bought in June 2021 (from Amazon, in USA) and it claims that the model doesn't need the fix despite falling in the time period; hopefully that's the case. Good on Arctic for doing this though, they seem to be a decent company in addition to what seems to be good products. Its nice to have both the option of a self-repair kit for those comfortable making the replacement can get near uninterrupted usage of their cooler, while those without the ability or desire to do it themselves can send it to a repair center instead.

I have received my package from arctic about a week ago but haven't gone through the effort of installing it.

Or even turning off my computer.

I'll probably mention how it'll go when I do.

TheSlySyl thanks for posting this as I never would have found out otherwise. Luckily, they say I'm good though (me hopes lol).

Hm. I have an as of yet uninstalled Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 , bought in June 2021 (from Amazon, in USA) and it claims that the model doesn't need the fix despite falling in the time period; hopefully that's the case. Good on Arctic for doing this though, they seem to be a decent company in addition to what seems to be good products. Its nice to have both the option of a self-repair kit for those comfortable making the replacement can get near uninterrupted usage of their cooler, while those without the ability or desire to do it themselves can send it to a repair center instead.

I bought mine ALF II 420 from Amazon on Oct 7, 2021 and the check claims mine doesn't need the fix as well.

As far as Arctic's customer service...TOP NOTCH!

I had one of their original Liquid Freezer 120 AIOs that had a small issue. So small I can't remember what it really was but nothing that really needed fixed in the short term. I filled the RMA out and was notified that they no longer had any 120s in stock as they were changing over to the new "II" design and wanted to know if a Liquid Freezer 280 would be sufficient for them to send out to me. And to just keep the old one and do what I wanted with it. Can't beat that kind of service!

Bought 2, 280, April and May 2021. Artic indicates my 2 are good, no need for the kit. Fantastic AIO.

Used the kit to replaced the coldplate and the gasket last weekend on my son's 280. It didn't go nearly as fast or easy as I had expected which was 100% due to replacing the two shorter screws with the two longer ones which came with the kit. Getting those screws to thread and tighten down was a huge pain in the ass. If it hadn't been for that it would have been a snap.

When I took it apart there were no noticeable issues with the gasket or the coldplate. Everything looked pristine. The AIO has been in use for about six months so it may not have had time for the issue to manifest or he had a gasket which wasn't bad. Either way it's fixed.

have 2 420 kits ill have to ask as my 5950x system seems to be heating up more and more. ill see if they will send a kit out can test on the 7900x x299 rig i have otehr 420 on.

Back