ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 Intel AMD AIO CPU Water Cooler PC B-Stock $54.99 EBAY

Napoleon

[H]ard|Gawd
Found this sick deal on eBay, probably going to pick up, sold direct from arctic-official-usa
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 Intel AMD AIO CPU Water Cooler PC B-Stock

“B-Stock: Packaging may be damaged. Item is complete, fully functional, but may show slight signs of use. For CPU/GPU coolers: thermal paste may not be pre-applied but enclosed. The same warranty of 6 years applies to B-Stock as to our brand new products.”

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/354106545275#vi-desc-maincntr

I can't see any reason not to buy one, thoughts?

Make sure it's not one that was originally manufactured between the end of 2020 to early 2022, as those are defective and have been recalled:

https://www.eteknix.com/arctic-issues-soft-recall-liquid-freezer-ii/
Hmm, I probably should have waited. I ordered one but just sent questions ot the seller and them directly based on your article. I felt like the 6 year warranty was a good backup plan but I don't want to build around something defective. Thanks for the info!

Holy crap I just bought a new one for like $120 (with the RGB crap) because the standard one was backordered. This is super hot. I already have it open and almost installed otherwise I'd swap...damn. This is tech jesus certified too!

Found this sick deal on eBay, probably going to pick up, sold direct from arctic-official-usa
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 Intel AMD AIO CPU Water Cooler PC B-Stock

“B-Stock: Packaging may be damaged. Item is complete, fully functional, but may show slight signs of use. For CPU/GPU coolers: thermal paste may not be pre-applied but enclosed. The same warranty of 6 years applies to B-Stock as to our brand new products.”

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/354106545275#vi-desc-maincntr

I can't see any reason not to buy one, thoughts?
They don't look like the older model. These are units that reflect the same one I have in my system for over a year now of rock solid stability and cooling. Plus the VRM cooler is a nice touch and not a gimmick. Been a fan of Arctic for a while now since the [H] reviewed their 120mm AIO back in the day (and that one was crazy good and still in service BTW). Their radiators on these units seem like they're at least 50% thicker than the run of the mill AIO Liquid coolers.

FYI - These require their own mounting backplates IIRC and may not be compatible with AM5 Motherboards.

Compatibility:
Intel: 2066,2011(-3),1156,1155,1151,1150,1200,1700*; AMD: AM5, AM

Last edited:
What is the compatibility with Intel 1700 and AM5 socket types? Does Artic have adapters available?

What is the compatibility with Intel 1700 and AM5 socket types? Does Artic have adapters available?
Believe it or not, they updated their compatibility for these refurb units. I am impressed:
Compatibility:

My new one came with the 1700 kit inside (from Amazon). If somehow you guys don't get the needed adapter lmk...(using mine on AM5).

EDIT: nevermind - it's going back to Amazon due to the clearance issues I mention below. I do have an eBay one on order, though - for my next inevitable build. :)

Last edited:
My new one came with the 1700 kit inside (from Amazon). If somehow you guys don't get the needed adapter lmk...(using mine on AM5).
Even if it didn't come with with the right hardware all we need to do is reach out to Arctic. They have always been great about sending out the adapter kits, free of charge, for their products.

They don't look like the older model. These are units that reflect the same one I have in my system for over a year now of rock solid stability and cooling. Plus the VRM cooler is a nice touch and not a gimmick. Been a fan of Arctic for a while now since the [H] reviewed their 120mm AIO back in the day (and that one was crazy good and still in service BTW). Their radiators on these units seem like they're at least 50% thicker than the run of the mill AIO Liquid coolers.

FYI - These require their own mounting backplates IIRC and may not be compatible with AM5 Motherboards.
My MOBO actually doesn't have the stock mounting hardware/backplate so I ordered one of these AM4 mounting brackets from amazon
1664894865785.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Believe it or not, they updated their compatibility for these refurb units. I am impressed:
Compatibility:
I don't think you get the Intel 1700 adapter in the box. Here's a note I see on the Arctic site:

*Unfortunately, we cannot ensure that only compatible products are available for you to purchase on the open market. For this reason, we are supplying the required mounting kit free of charge to customers who submit proof of purchase of a processor with LGA1700 socket. Alternatively, you can purchase the mounting kit under the product designation "ARCTIC Intel LGA1700 Upgrade Kit - For Liquid Freezer II Series".

FWIW (not sure where else to put this - but for future Internet people and builders):

The Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280MM AIO does not fit a Lian Li 011 Air Mini with a top radiator mount even when combined with an mATX mobo (in this case the ASUS X670E Crosshair GENE). Had to move to an NZXT X63 to make it fit. The front mount isn't ideal because I need the space for the monstrous new 4xxx series.

Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280MM AIO does not fit a Lian Li 011 Air Mini with a top radiator mount even when combined with an mATX mobo
why? the giant vrm cooler in the way? if so, that doesnt mean it wont work with another mobo, it is supported by the case...

why? the giant vrm cooler in the way? if so, that doesnt mean it wont work with another mobo, it is supported by the case...
Perhaps. But there is no room to run the cabling. The radiator + fans goes right against the mobo (microATX). So VRM or no VRM (it clears that) - there is no room for the CPU power connectors (unless you want to do some ghetto run from out of the case and into the case via a vent).

The Arctic Cooler has a bigger radiator which explains why it performs better than others - but also creates clearance issues. You can always front mount it but it doesn't work for me.

280mm is supported by the case - but apparently not this depth of radiator.

Last edited:
Mine showed up today. Box is worn but it has this brand new sticker on front for LGA1700. That's pretty sweet.

Everything inside looks like it's factory new. Even if it isn't.
Sweet, mines supposed to get here by EOD tomorrow but I’m building tomorrow. We’ll do the stock AMD cooler then swap it out, want to get it all running

Mine didn't look so hot. I also had a new one earlier in the week (had to return it back to Amazon due to size issues) - so I know what brand new looks like. My radiator is scratched up and both bags are banged up plus the box. Not mad at it if it works and it is half price of new. Radiator is too big for my latest build but because it's a beast I like having it on hand for any potential swap (maybe my 9900KS rig)...

What’s the thickness on the fan+Rad combo? I’m building my rig today and want to leave enough space for a front tubes down mount

Even at
still is decent. Also if its updated to include new LGA socket.... brand new its closer to 89-99$
100 bucks this thing rocks. For an AIO cooler, I have never been dissatisfied with their stuff. I have one in operation now (in my current rig) from my 5600X to my 5900X upgrade. Been solid the entire time. The old one I have in my Cousin's PC the 120mm Unit the [H] reviewed and that's been going strong for a number of years on an i5 8600.

If you don't want to do it yourself these are great off the shelf units for cooling.

Just got a mail from eBay letting me know that it's dropped to $49.99 now.

I'm not sure what the other sizes have been, but they also seem to have dropped. The 240 is $44.99, the 360 is $49.99 and the 420 is $74.49. Plus shipping of course.

How loud is this liquid cooler? I want to mount the radiator in front of my case, pushing the air out, and want to know if you can hear the two fans behind it.

I currently have a Fury r9 X and have the radiator mounted in front of my case and can hear the fan when playing games when it's over 25% speed. Thinking of going with either a Dark Rock Pro 4 tower or Noctua NH-D15 dual tower air cooler with my new i7 12700k or possibly this Artic liquid freezer cooler. I have a Zalman 320 liquid cooler now and before had a Hyper 212 air cooler and actually preferred the air cooler when it came to the sound, it's hard to explain but the sound just had more bass in it (not whiny like a liquid pump might make).

How loud is this liquid cooler? I want to mount the radiator in front of my case, pushing the air out, and want to know if you can hear the two fans behind it.

I currently have a Fury r9 X and have the radiator mounted in front of my case and can hear the fan when playing games when it's over 25% speed. Thinking of going with either a Dark Rock Pro 4 tower or Noctua NH-D15 dual tower air cooler with my new i7 12700k or possibly this Artic liquid freezer cooler. I have a Zalman 320 liquid cooler now and before had a Hyper 212 air cooler and actually preferred the air cooler when it came to the sound, it's hard to explain but the sound just had more bass in it (not whiny like a liquid pump might make).
Mine are normally very quiet. I have a fan I need to replace that's failing, otherwise, it's not severe. I hardly notice they are even running normally. I do have them in a full tower, and exhausting the waste heat up and out of the chassis. The 140's are quiet compared to the 120's I've had on other AIO coolers

Back