Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo out yet?

Thanks for the info! I just ordered 2. I will post sexy pictures and temperatures when they arrive. HURRAY! :) (4870 CF)

If the crossfire bridge clears, I believe this will indeed work for CF. Should be just as wide as the stock 4870 cooler (2 slot).

Thanks for the info! I just ordered 2. I will post sexy pictures and temperatures when they arrive. HURRAY! :) (4870 CF)

If the crossfire bridge clears, I believe this will indeed work for CF. Should be just as wide as the stock 4870 cooler (2 slot).

Awesome.... yes please post up some pics of the crossfire setup when you get them!

Supposedly they're quieter 80mm fans, and rumor has it it's gonna work with the new 4000 series in CF.

hm... i think its a waste of money considering the s1 rev2 is about 15$ cheaper and arctic has updated it to work with the HD 4850/4870

The Acc.S1r2 I had would definitely not work in CF. Not with fans attached anyway.

When does the thermalright trad2 come out? That's another good one to go with the new artic cooling one. Seems that both of these coolers are delayed..

hm... i think its a waste of money considering the s1 rev2 is about 15$ cheaper and arctic has updated it to work with the HD 4850/4870

Think maybe those 15$ are for the fans? Also the cooler looks a bit smaller then the S1. Compared to other coolers the price looks good.

Absolutely 100% NOT a waste of money if it works in CF, as it includes the fans.

but does the accelero work in crossfire with two 4850s?

The Acc.S1r2 I had would definitely not work in CF. Not with fans attached anyway.

Think maybe those 15$ are for the fans? Also the cooler looks a bit smaller then the S1. Compared to other coolers the price looks good.

Yeah. I don't know what price mista ting is going off of but it's only $28 Ncixus (shipping is bad though). I'd pay more to know it works in crossfire. Still waiting on Hophead's pics. :D

Ok I am rebooting the rig then benching.

It does fit CF 2x4870 on an Asus Rampage Formula. Also, the crossfire bridge reaches from both ports without any modification or unnecessary pressure. This is just some quick info some of you wanted to know.
The size is as long as the Accelero S1, but it was narrowed to allow a CF bridge (or 2) to fit. The fans seem to be the exact same size as the clip-on fans that you can buy separately for the Accelero S1.

With the stock red cooling plate on the 4870, the Twin Turbo just barely clears. Fits like the Accelero S1 rev. 2 in that regard. Refer to forthcoming pictures.

I fitted each card. I overlocked each to 790/1100. Individually each card functions normally. Temps reached 65 degrees celsius after 800 seconds of furmark. 72 mem, 70 shader. 113 on the VDDC temps, average.

I gamed on each card for an hour or so each to further test stability in CoD4 and TF2. No stability issues tweaking with ATI Tray Tools and .522 (8.8?) ATI drivers.

The cooler has an option of 4-pin or 3-pin VGA card fan connector, with a 3-pin to 4-pin molex adapter. I had no issues plugging the 4-pin connector into the 4870.

I could control fan speeds with ATT, so I imagine you could with profiles in CCC. I haven't figured out how to tweak each card in ATT so I will try to OC each and set fans in CF mode using CCC for now.

When I get decent temps/stability in CF, I will post pictures. ;)

Ok I am rebooting the rig then benching.

It does fit CF 2x4870 on an Asus Rampage Formula. Also, the crossfire bridge reaches from both ports without any modification or unnecessary pressure. This is just some quick info some of you wanted to know.
The size is as long as the Accelero S1, but it was narrowed to allow a CF bridge (or 2) to fit. The fans seem to be the exact same size as the clip-on fans that you can buy separately for the Accelero S1.

With the stock red cooling plate on the 4870, the Twin Turbo just barely clears. Fits like the Accelero S1 rev. 2 in that regard. Refer to forthcoming pictures.

I fitted each card. I overlocked each to 790/1100. Individually each card functions normally. Temps reached 65 degrees celsius after 800 seconds of furmark. 72 mem, 70 shader. 113 on the VDDC temps, average.

I gamed on each card for an hour or so each to further test stability in CoD4 and TF2. No stability issues tweaking with ATI Tray Tools and .522 (8.8?) ATI drivers.

The cooler has an option of 4-pin or 3-pin VGA card fan connector, with a 3-pin to 4-pin molex adapter. I had no issues plugging the 4-pin connector into the 4870.

I could control fan speeds with ATT, so I imagine you could with profiles in CCC. I haven't figured out how to tweak each card in ATT so I will try to OC each and set fans in CF mode using CCC for now.

When I get decent temps/stability in CF, I will post pictures. ;)

Thank you!!! You rock. Plan on ordering one soon. Can't wait for your pics. I'm tired of the card shutting off when it gets to hot. I can only run it at stock or with minimal overclocks now, even with excellent cooling in my case.

Awesome! I noticed it looked more narrow in the other pics I have seen. I am really looking forward to these crossfire pics!

Here's a bunch of pictures I took, finally.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/hophead420/

The first item is a screenshot of load temps for both cards.
The second item is a video of very poor quality, I even dropped the camera during filming and shouted back to my little brother. Anyway, the timer on it counts down. At about 33 seconds left, I turn down the CPU cooler using its Fanmate 2, and you can sort of get an idea of its noise level until I start talking. :p

:)

So I have had them running CF for a couple days, the thermal compound (Ceramique) has had plenty of time to cure. I had card A in slot A for a day or so, then card B in slot A for a day or so.

Idle:
The card on top (apparently sucking heat from the bottom card via two fans) seemed to be around 20*C hotter than the bottom card, at first. After a day it was about 10*C. I swapped cards and noticed the same trend. Top card being anywhere from 10-12*C hotter than the bottom card at idle. 52*C top card, 40*C bottom card. Thermostat shows ambient temp of 22*C, A/C and heat are off with windows open. Weather.com shows zip code 08003 at 24*C at this moment.

Load:
To start on a positive note, the bottom card was well cooled as you can see in the very few screenshots I have linked to. Note: In screenshots, the top GPU-z window should always be the top card in my configuration, and vice versa. Off hand, I remember a scary 28-30*C difference in cards even when both were at 99% load. (Load produced by furmark and displayed by GPU-z.) The bottom card stayed relatively cool around 50*C while the top card reached 80*C core after 630 seconds of furmark.

With load only on the top card, the core temp reached 71*C. I can live with this. Noise factor is almost non-existent in relation to my CNPS9700 CPU cooler. Fanmate 2 control yea... but still loud when you want max performance.

Sorry for the rushjob, sort of stream-of-thought peak of the Accelero Twin Turbo.

Case is a Lian-Li PC-A70. The PSU did not fit in the bottom with the bottom card in place. I was forced to mount it up top, therefore also forced to put the 3 HDDs in front between the two pairs of 120mm intake fans. I have 3 5.25" open, 4 if I replace a right angle SATA cable with a straight one. I am disputing whether it would be beneficial to mount the hard drives in the top front with some sort of adapter cage as opposed to having their heat being blown onto the motherboard area. The case is weak on exhaust so it wouldn't help to reverse the airflow. Also, I ordered a new top for the case with exhaust ports. If frozencpu decides to ship it, the rear hole will be used to exhaust the top PSU fan, the hole in front of it will have an exhaust fan blowing out. (hopefully)

In the picture that shows the bare GPU, the red plate around it is what cools the VRMs and VRAM. One card uses the original thermal pads, the other has Ceramique.

In the picture that shows the bare GPU, the red plate around it is what cools the VRMs and VRAM. One card uses the original thermal pads, the other has Ceramique.

Crap, forgot you are running 4870s... does it come with any other heatsinks for VRM's on a 4850 etc?

Crap, forgot you are running 4870s... does it come with any other heatsinks for VRM's on a 4850 etc?

it comes with 4 other small hs's for vrms and stuff. i couldn't get them to stay on so i just used some old ramsinks i had

it comes with 4 other small hs's for vrms and stuff. i couldn't get them to stay on so i just used some old ramsinks i had

Do they have some kind of adhesive already on them? If so, and it doesn't work, what is a good adhesive to use instead?

..... bah. I could just order some zalman ram heatsinks at the same time probably.

Do they have some kind of adhesive already on them? If so, and it doesn't work, what is a good adhesive to use instead?

..... bah. I could just order some zalman ram heatsinks at the same time probably.

yeah its really thin and clear tape... it stuck to my jeans when i dropped it better than it stuck to my card. I didnt have any adhesive or tape on hand other than the stuff that was on the bottom of the stock hs so i just used that but i was thinking of getting some of these

then again i'm not even sure i need them as everything has been stable so far

I installed these on my friends 2 8800GTs and more recently I installed one on my HD 4850.

There were a few annoyances I had with this cooler.

Out of the 4 VRM heatsinks that stick on, only 3 of them can be properly fitted, the 4th being slightly raised on one side because of something sticking out out higher to the side. I had to take a bit of foam from my stock fan to compensate for it, and I'm sure it's sticking on there just barely.

Biggest problem of all though was the fan speed. After installing this cooler and running folding@home, I watched the core temp rising steadily but started hitting a ceiling at 65 or so....but meanwhile my 3 other temps, DISPIO, MEMIO, and SHADERCORE continued to rise, especially the MEMIO temp which made it's way to 105 before I got nervous and stopped the test. For all that time the fans never turned on. I guess the driver only looks at the core temp to set fan speed and 65 was low enough to not have it on.

I ended up having to make a custom profile in Catalyst to manually set the speed to a constant 85%, which I don't mind doing because this cooler is amazingly quiet.

After running folding@home with 85% fan speed on, my core temp doesn't go any higher than 45 and the hottest MEMIO temp only lingers about 20 degrees higher at 65.

At idle, core temp was down to the 30-33 degree range.

for those with difficulty sticking on sinks on the VRMs (or ram if you have to) the one trick to get that grease junk off is by rubbing it with a rubber eraser for awhile. It will feel real slick at first but as u keep rubbing u can feel it taking the grease off. This tip was written in the Accelero Xtreme manual and worked wonders, where my HR-03 before didnt have any tips on it and all my sinks would fall off.

for those with difficulty sticking on sinks on the VRMs (or ram if you have to) the one trick to get that grease junk off is by rubbing it with a rubber eraser for awhile. It will feel real slick at first but as u keep rubbing u can feel it taking the grease off. This tip was written in the Accelero Xtreme manual and worked wonders, where my HR-03 before didnt have any tips on it and all my sinks would fall off.

that's a good tip. I want to try one of these but they look enourmous. I plan on CF too. That's why i got a full tower i guess.

Here's a bunch of pictures I took, finally.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/hophead420/

The first item is a screenshot of load temps for both cards.
The second item is a video of very poor quality, I even dropped the camera during filming and shouted back to my little brother. Anyway, the timer on it counts down. At about 33 seconds left, I turn down the CPU cooler using its Fanmate 2, and you can sort of get an idea of its noise level until I start talking. :p

:)

So I have had them running CF for a couple days, the thermal compound (Ceramique) has had plenty of time to cure. I had card A in slot A for a day or so, then card B in slot A for a day or so.

Idle:
The card on top (apparently sucking heat from the bottom card via two fans) seemed to be around 20*C hotter than the bottom card, at first. After a day it was about 10*C. I swapped cards and noticed the same trend. Top card being anywhere from 10-12*C hotter than the bottom card at idle. 52*C top card, 40*C bottom card. Thermostat shows ambient temp of 22*C, A/C and heat are off with windows open. Weather.com shows zip code 08003 at 24*C at this moment.

Load:
To start on a positive note, the bottom card was well cooled as you can see in the very few screenshots I have linked to. Note: In screenshots, the top GPU-z window should always be the top card in my configuration, and vice versa. Off hand, I remember a scary 28-30*C difference in cards even when both were at 99% load. (Load produced by furmark and displayed by GPU-z.) The bottom card stayed relatively cool around 50*C while the top card reached 80*C core after 630 seconds of furmark.

With load only on the top card, the core temp reached 71*C. I can live with this. Noise factor is almost non-existent in relation to my CNPS9700 CPU cooler. Fanmate 2 control yea... but still loud when you want max performance.

Sorry for the rushjob, sort of stream-of-thought peak of the Accelero Twin Turbo.

Case is a Lian-Li PC-A70. The PSU did not fit in the bottom with the bottom card in place. I was forced to mount it up top, therefore also forced to put the 3 HDDs in front between the two pairs of 120mm intake fans. I have 3 5.25" open, 4 if I replace a right angle SATA cable with a straight one. I am disputing whether it would be beneficial to mount the hard drives in the top front with some sort of adapter cage as opposed to having their heat being blown onto the motherboard area. The case is weak on exhaust so it wouldn't help to reverse the airflow. Also, I ordered a new top for the case with exhaust ports. If frozencpu decides to ship it, the rear hole will be used to exhaust the top PSU fan, the hole in front of it will have an exhaust fan blowing out. (hopefully)

They really look great Hophead! I've been waiting for those things to come out and still only see one vendor that has them, (Aero Cool), and the freight is ridiculous and they're selling at a premium above the suggested list. Where did you get yours? If it's in this thread I apologize, but I didn't see it.

Looking at the pics it's pretty easy to see how that top cooler is drawing nothing but heated air. I wonder if you sinked the RAM and the VRM instead of using the red plate if the temps would drop any further?

I do have a question about those 80mm fans. I am worried that they are both noisy and unable to really put out any CFM without turning them up too high, (noise level).

I'm using the HR-03-GT and getting some really decent temps now... but I only have one card so far.

Nice job!

KGW

They really look great Hophead! I've been waiting for those things to come out and still only see one vendor that has them, (Aero Cool), and the freight is ridiculous and they're selling at a premium above the suggested list. Where did you get yours? If it's in this thread I apologize, but I didn't see it.

Looking at the pics it's pretty easy to see how that top cooler is drawing nothing but heated air. I wonder if you sinked the RAM and the VRM instead of using the red plate if the temps would drop any further?

I do have a question about those 80mm fans. I am worried that they are both noisy and unable to really put out any CFM without turning them up too high, (noise level).

I'm using the HR-03-GT and getting some really decent temps now... but I only have one card so far.

Nice job!

KGW

Check here:
http://www.ncixus.com/products/index.php?sku=32768

Good company from everything I've heard. I know it says $38, but when added to cart it shows as $28. They get you a little bit with $12 shipping, but still better than everywhere else I've seen. Performance PCs has them "on sale" for $50 PLUS shipping. Lolz.

Yea, I got mine from ncix for about the same price as an Accelero S1 rev. 2, if I remember correctly.

Back