Arctic Cooling: "NV silencer 5 is ready...."

Phazedplasma

Limp Gawd
I emailed these guys abou their cooling options for the 6800 line and this is what i got back...

The NV Silencer 5 is already released.

Best Regards

Magnus Huber

if its released where can i get one?

its on sale in europe, for us losers in the US we get it in about 2-3 weeks

Is it always around $30, or is it cheaper than that?

Yeah.. let me know if its worth my $30 investment, or if I should just go back to watercooling.

newegg has gotten into the habit of gouging on new items they think will be good sellers, just wait a week and itll be down to normal price.

if it's significant increase in cooling, I will love it. Hopefully I can finally flash to the 1.5 volt bios with impunity and overclock away :)

im waiting to see a review for these, i couldn't even find any on the european sites...

Guess newegg figures if they can gouge you on the videocard, they can gouge you on the cooling for the videocard, too.

damn.. newegg is really starting to piss me off. Before I would have run around naked for them.. but now.. they are REALLY starting to price gouge!

as long as people are still buying it for that price it probably won't come down for awhile.

Don't know how NewEgg is pricing? Totally crazy, it was 39.99 when I posted it. Maybe we should all stop posting links to them, because everytime we do, they raise the damned price. Are they raising the price becuase item is so popular, they have a ton of stock, and want to make a pile of money or are they raising the price because it's hard to get and quantities are limited? I guess either way were screwed.

I already reviewed this SIlencer. Expect it to be at insanetek.com very soon. I sold one of the 6800 silencers, fully retail, for 30 dollars shipped already because that's the MSRP on scythe-usa.com.

Newegg does Price Gouge. They're 3500+ Athlon 64 is 460 dollars, when before it was under 400. How wack is that.

The 6800 Silencer is only good for the GTs and not the Ultras. You will see very little performance gain when replacing the 6800 Ultra cooler.

quicksilverXP said:
I already reviewed this SIlencer. Expect it to be at insanetek.com very soon. I sold one of the 6800 silencers, fully retail, for 30 dollars shipped already because that's the MSRP on scythe-usa.com.

Newegg does Price Gouge. They're 3500+ Athlon 64 is 460 dollars, when before it was under 400. How wack is that.

The 6800 Silencer is only good for the GTs and not the Ultras. You will see very little performance gain when replacing the 6800 Ultra cooler.

Thanks for the info on the Ultra.. I will probably still pick one up, unless I catch the watercooling bug AGAIN! LOL ;)

It's all part of the supply and demand! As long as people are willing to pay that outrageus
price the price will climb, as soon as there computer software sees a drop in demand the price will drop.
As for me, from reading all the furballed cards and trouble people had installing on their RADEON cards I'll just wait for the Zally man tank you :)
Besides I don't think it'll do all that much!

Back