Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 5970 now available!

I'm glad you liked the cooler, another user which installed and is happy with it.

It's many people now who own this cooler and love it.

I love the fact that I have idle temps of 28ºC-32ºC and load temps of 40-45ºC while gaming, even with an OC of 850/1200.

It's great! :)

don't forget about all of the customers they ignored or screwed over. and remember that you bought a product that has no warranty whatsoever.

don't forget about all of the customers they ignored or screwed over. and remember that you bought a product that has no warranty whatsoever.

Well, buying this cooler is no longer a problem.

And I love taking risks anyways, specially after the huge temp decrease I've seen with this cooler :p

I feel sorry for those customers who were ignored/screwed, but I do love this cooler and I still recommend it.

This has been going back and fourth. My 5870 is hot and loud. Can it be confirmed or denied these coolers are not worth buying? Because I don't see any other coolers up to par

You either work for Arctic Cooling or are a complete idiot.

You can say whatever you want, but don't be so disrespectful when i've never insulted you.

And no, I don't work for Arctic Cooling.... But I do love the accelero xtreme.

This has been going back and fourth. My 5870 is hot and loud. Can it be confirmed or denied these coolers are not worth buying? Because I don't see any other coolers up to par

You can also buy the MK-13 or the Zalman for that card.

And I love taking risks anyways, specially after the huge temp decrease I've seen with this cooler :p

I feel sorry for those customers who were ignored/screwed, but I do love this cooler and I still recommend it.

just remember,because you were lucky enough NOT have bought this cooler before everyone ran into problems and a solution(half-ass) was given, doesn't mean what they did was OK, and by supporting them, and buying their products, you encourage them to continue with this customer-last attitude, in the future when you do get screwed, you'll know that you've made your own bed :p

buying it has never been the problem. it's when one tries to install it, or get support or a refund for a defective unit, that one has problems. :p

just remember,because you were lucky enough NOT have bought this cooler before everyone ran into problems and a solution(half-ass) was given, doesn't mean what they did was OK, and by supporting them, and buying their products, you encourage them to continue with this customer-last attitude, in the future when you do get screwed, you'll know that you've made your own bed :p

QFT. It's great that the cooler works for you, kcuestag, and i'm sure people who follow your instructions will have success. I just don't think it's a great idea to go parading that in front of people who suffered for your gain. it's like telling a lab mouse who was experimented and left crippled "hey, it's cool, the compound works now."

QFT. It's great that the cooler works for you, kcuestag, and i'm sure people who follow your instructions will have success. I just don't think it's a great idea to go parading that in front of people who suffered for your gain. it's like telling a lab mouse who was experimented and left crippled "hey, it's cool, the compound works now."

I agree, but that doesn't mean that they have the right to insult me... I never insulted them so...

I agree, but that doesn't mean that they have the right to insult me... I never insulted them so...

i think its just that its offensive, to the people who were screwed by AC, when you keep lauding their products over and over, and recommending that others buy them. kinda like the idiots who praise Hitler's military strategy instead of acknowledging and focusing on the millions of innocents that he killed.

Any updates into this matter?

I would like to know if any of you got this issue solved.

My cooler is still rock solid, but I would like to know how your disputes are going?

Kevin.

Any updates into this matter?

I would like to know if any of you got this issue solved.

My cooler is still rock solid, but I would like to know how your disputes are going?

Kevin.

There are no disputes. Arctic Cooling has zero support and will not speak with costumers period. Some were successful with credit card charge backs like me and some were not. Arctic Cooling is a despicable company that deserves nothing from this forum but the warning to all potential customers to stay far away. And Kevin, we are all sick of your continued love affair for this company so just give it a rest. It's sickening to the majority that posted in this thread so please don't be a troll.

Last edited:
There are no disputes. Arctic Cooling has zero support and will not speak with costumers period. Some were successful with credit card charge backs like me and some were not. Arctic Cooling is a despicable company that deserves nothing from this forum but the warning to all potential customers to stay far away. And Kevin, we are all sick of your continued love affair for this company so just give it a rest. It's sickening to the majority that posted in this thread so please don't be a troll.

what GreenGoose said.

btw, i tried to return the cooler (AGAIN!) to Arctic Cooling after i was able to successfully get a refund from my credit card company. Arctic Cooling continues to ignore me and apparently doesn't want it back.

I feel like i dodged a bullet. I was actually planning to buy this product. But before it was released I got tired of my 5970 crossfire issues and switched over to GTX 480 SLI instead. I had no idea installing a cooler like this could actually damage your video card! wow!

It is pretty despicable the lack of customer support from AC. But they are in a different country so it's really hard to do anything against them, except maybe file a class action lawsuit against them, but again hard to make them pay unless they have some kind of actual physical presence or business subsidiary in your local country or state.

"ARCTIC COOLING is a privately owned company founded in 2001 with headquarters in Switzerland, offices in Hong Kong and the USA and production facilities in Asia. The ARCTIC COOLING team consists o+f international highly educated people with business, technical and communicational skills. The attitude to work is based o+n Swiss principles of innovative spirit and high standards of workmanship for which it is recognized internationally. This striving for excellence is integrated in all processes as a matter of course. ARCTIC COOLING´s core competencies are multifarious including systematic noise reduction,copper and aluminum heatsink development, customization of thermal solutions, as well as designing quiet fans. More recently quiet and cool PC Cases and Power Supplies have been developed."
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/static_info.php?tid=ABOUT_US

Ok so they say they do have business offices in the US. So it would be possible to sue them. Obviously a class action will hurt them more than just individual suits. But considering that people suffered damage to $700 video cards, you add up enough people and that's a lot of money. Has anyone reported these guys behavior to the Better Business Bureau?

I wasn't trying to be a troll, and I do understand your hate towards this company, I totally understand it, and I have nothing wrong against that, just don't get the wrong image from me, I wasn't trying to be a troll :(

I just installed this cooler on my 5970. Both DVI ports appear to be dead. I read all the info about overtightening so tried to make sure I didn't do this. I only tightened the screws until they were snug and then stopped. Where are the DVI connections that are screwed up by this cooler?

I guess I have to pray my DisplayPort connection still works. I can get by with only one connection but this definitely doesn't make me happy. $650 card ruined even after being careful.

Because plenty of people had successfully installed it. Wasn't my first time installing a custom cooler either.

Anyway, displayport doesn't appear to work either. Gonna take it off and hope it works with the stock cooler. Artic Cooling will be getting a rather nasty email from me if it doesn't.

I just installed this cooler on my 5970. Both DVI ports appear to be dead. I read all the info about overtightening so tried to make sure I didn't do this. I only tightened the screws until they were snug and then stopped. Where are the DVI connections that are screwed up by this cooler?

I guess I have to pray my DisplayPort connection still works. I can get by with only one connection but this definitely doesn't make me happy. $650 card ruined even after being careful.

Damn, that sucks, I feel sorry for you... I know many who have installed it with success, and you're the only person I've seen breakin their DVI ports since June.. Sorry to hear that...

I hope your DP works.

We warned and warned people. Oh well. :confused:

Sadly, but true, I must agree with this.

I was one of those who took the risk of installing it even with your warning, I know it was not a great idea since I could have ruined my $600 card, but I am happy I did it.

Anyways, sorry to hear that m8.

Hey guys, I just finished my Accelero install. I took my time and it went pretty well. Both DVI ports are still functioning.

It's a bit cramped in my micro-ATX case but the card & cooler fit. There is an intake stream right by the card so it works out great. I was idling at 60-65 degrees C, but now I'm running at 35 degrees C at idle with all case fans at a low setting.

I haven't OCed the card yet, so it's running at stock speed. I'll try to see what I can get out of it tomorrow.

Here's a picture of the finished product (I also did some cable routing after I took this picture):

img20101007232646.jpg

Sorry for the losses guys, but thanks for exposing AC for what they are ! I was shopping for a cooler for my 5870 ref. and had decided on AC. But after seeing how they treat their customers, and they didn't even take the time to write correct instructions, then changed the instructions and ignored their victims, I can't give them any $ this gen or going forward. Even though the 5870 model wasn't affected. But AC screwed the pooch on the 4870 and now the 5870, then screwed over their customers using them as beta testers without warning, I just can't support them. I was considering doing a water loop over the winter anyways. AC is definitely "off" my recommend list

Yeah kinda sucks that their customer support is so retarded.. Coz their products are nice when they work, it's just their reliability is so low .. :(

I wish this was Corsair with same products but more trustworthy.

Installed one on my gigabyte and while core temps are way down -maxing out at 65/61- vrm temps are through the roof; hitting 140c in furmark. I get constant lockups in all games and it locks up at the d3d10 alpha blend part of the WEI tests at stock clocks/voltages.
Contact seems great everywhere and both dvi ports work fine so i don't understand. The card runs flawlessly with the stock hsf at 850/1200 with only 1.10v. Wish I could just find a replacement fan for the stock heatsink. I honestly just want to get rid of the unbearable rattle.

It amuses me that SPCR, and indeed many other forums won't accept that Arctic coolers are death.

DrNick: Does the homebrew the twin thermalright setup work with the HD5970 like it did on the 4870X2? Mind you, don't know what the VRM cooling is like for that mod.

I have no idea but I don't see any dual gpu cooling solutions on their website. I just wanted something I could bolt on and forget about it. Unbelievable I can't find a stock fan replacement anywhere.

sorry to hear about your troubles DrNick. i hope you get it sorted out. regardless, thanks for the input on their product.

Installed Accelero XTREME 5970 as per the included instructions (50% then 100% on X braces). No longer have the near DVI port. Found this forum............

Anyone had any luck resuscitating the DVI port? For my 3 headed workstation, losing a DVI port is unacceptable. Aaaaaaaaand my card is out of warranty. :(

I've tried loosening it all off to no avail. Is it possible that there's a broken connection that needs some warming love?

Have any of you found a solution to the extremely high VRM/VDDC temps? I was benchmarking in Heaven 2.1 and noticed that the cores were stable at 66C but the VDDC phase temps according to GPU-Z were hitting 130-140C.

I'm pretty sure I installed this correctly. Both DVI ports are working.

sorry to hear about your troubles DrNick. i hope you get it sorted out. regardless, thanks for the input on their product.

No problem, it just sucks I wasted $100 on this so it can sit in the closet. But I got my hands on a brand new 5970 and it still wont work right (constant freezing even at stock speeds). Now that the stock fan no longer rattles I'm sticking with stock cooling and with a slight bump in fan speed it does a great job

@EGM92 I've noticed that if you do not use the pad on the small vrm heatsink (on the tall set that sits under the finned part) it drops the temps by 20c degrees and allows for a better fit overall. If you look on the stock heatsink those actually sit inside under the fan and do not touch the stock hsf in the first place. I'm not sure why they want us to use the pad on them since all it does is make them warmer

Well this is quite a thread and I don't blame the guys that are miffed.
I saw the card bending issue when I was researching aftermarket coolers for a 5970 install in my nephew's computer.
I don't like factory coolers and I really don't like incompetent jerks who sell poorly engineered junk that does nothing but remove money from people's pockets and trash expensive cards.
The VRM cooler was definitely the problem,pushing against the GPU cooler section.
NOT a good idea.
Fortunately I fixed that and enhanced the VRM cooling in the process.

I also bought an AC cooler to cool down my 5970. The first few month's there were no problems, all 3 screens were working fine. A month ago while I was browsing the web a screen turned off. After research I found this thread.

There is, however, a chance I can get money back from my insurance company. I have the official install guide from AC's website which giving the advice to tighten the screws at 100%.
There is only one thing I need, and that is an official statement from AC which says not to tighten the screws at 100%, but tighten it at 50%. The statement in this thread or their website is not really what I need, because it only says not to overtighten the screws. And that is a logical thing.

Can you help me guys? :)

Back