Archer AX55 Weird Issue with PC

MelonSplitter

[H]ard|Gawd
I get 325 Mbps wireless on my phone but only 27 to 40 on my PC. I switched from the Spectrum router which was working fine before this. I reset the adapters, uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless adapter and am at a freaking roadblock. I'm going to bed.
2023-01-21 Slow SS.png

Last edited:
Today I'm getting 360 to the adapter but that's not translating to the internet speed. All speed tests only score 27 to 45 Mbps. I'm at a loss

What is the actual model of the TP Link adapter that you are using in your PC? Are you connecting via 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? How far is your PC from your Access Point? What kind of walls or other obstructions exist between your PC and your Access Point?

What is the actual model of the TP Link adapter that you are using in your PC? Are you connecting via 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? How far is your PC from your Access Point? What kind of walls or other obstructions exist between your PC and your Access Point?
Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB 2.0. Only 1 wall between, router is 20 ft away and am using 2.4. Like I said, 300 Mbps at the adapter, just not getting it from the internet.

Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB 2.0. Only 1 wall between, router is 20 ft away and am using 2.4. Like I said, 300 Mbps at the adapter, just not getting it from the internet.

I wasn't asking about the model number of the Realtek chip that it uses, I'm asking about the TP-Link Model number of the adapter. Many different adapters use the same Realtek chip; that really doesn't tell you much about the specific USB adapter that you are using.

The speed as indicated via the WiFi status means almost nothing. You will never see speeds that actually match that due to real-world conditions. It's not the same as wired ethernet where gigabit means you can actually transfer at gigabit speeds.

The cause could be something as simple as your new Access Point using a different frequency compared to your old one, and if your neighbor is using that same frequency, it could cause problems. Also, your adapter being 802.11ac (WiFi 5) means that when you use 2.4Ghz you are actually using 802.11n (WiFi 4), which is ~17 years old at this point. 802.11ac (WiFi 5) was 5Ghz only. You should see if you can connect at 5Ghz as at least you would be using 802.11ac (WiFi 5) at that point. If you want faster speeds on 2.4Ghz, you need a WiFi adapter that can do 802.11ax (WiFi 6), as that is the first standard since 802.11n (WiFi 4) that uses 2.4Ghz.

Last edited:
I wasn't asking about the model number of the Realtek chip that it uses, I'm asking about the TP-Link Model number of the adapter. Many different adapters use the same Realtek chip; that really doesn't tell you much about the specific USB adapter that you are using.

The speed as indicated via the WiFi status means almost nothing. You will never see speeds that actually match that due to real-world conditions. It's not the same as wired ethernet where gigabit means you can actually transfer at gigabit speeds.

The cause could be something as simple as your new Access Point using a different frequency compared to your old one, and if your neighbor is using that same frequency, it could cause problems. Also, your adapter being 802.11ac (WiFi 5) means that when you use 2.4Ghz you are actually using 802.11n (WiFi 4), which is ~17 years old at this point. 802.11ac (WiFi 5) was 5Ghz only. You should see if you can connect at 5Ghz as at least you would be using 802.11ac (WiFi 5) at that point. If you want faster speeds on 2.4Ghz, you need a WiFi adapter that can do 802.11ax (WiFi 6), as that is the first standard since 802.11n (WiFi 4) that uses 2.4Ghz.

TP-Link USB WiFi Adapter for PC(TL-WN725N), N150 Wireless Network Adapter​

Back