Archeage - anyone playing it from [H]?

I am ever on a lower pop server of Naima and I tried getting on about an hour ago.. and still sitting in a 1300 queue..

Sigh.

I got the Archeum pack back in June. My queues are borked. Wife gets queues around 700 while mine are constantly at 3000 even when we login at the same time.

Well they fixed the afk kick at character creation, so that no longer works now (I had been doing it the past two days, was nice being able to get on early). However maybe it's for the better, the queue was 1300 for me (usually it was 2500'ish or more).

They also put restrictions of the really crowded servers (I'm on Kyrios) so people just can't keep overloading it. Lot of people are mad though since some friends/family can't come to the server they are on but still it had to be done.

Queue is going to be about 2-3 hours right now, lot better than the 11 hours it was two days ago.

edit - scratch that, it's moving verrrrrrry slow, not even half-way yet and it's been almost 3 hours now, so 6+ hour queue still.

Not quite true, they haven't fixed it, unless they they just did it in the past 2 hours... I'm still probably sitting there now. Sat there over night while I slept last night too, and for about 5 hours while I was out running errand this afternoon. I saw an update from Hartsman on it, saying it's supposed to be implemented this week, potentially tomorrow (today). In the mean time, they are going to be doing daily server restarts to kick all the afkers.

I know it's not fair or nice to do, but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit in a 2-4 hour queue. I fell for that the first 3 days. I'm on Ollo, 2nd most populated US server... I had last Friday off and woke up at 7am to play.. and I had a 1hr 45 minute queue at 7 in the freaking morning. After that moment, I haven't logged off since.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/show...te-2-More-Capacity-Bonuses-and-Faster-Service - post from Harstman

Ugh this new AFK kick sucks I alt tab to check reddit for a few mins to check on an equipment guide, and I'm kicked. i think the timer is at 5 mins, at least that is what was reported on the EU servers. That is waaaay too short.

Solo PvE build? Eh, I have an Arcanist (23), and a Paladin (215). Neither are really great for solo PvE, but it's doable. the arcanist is squishy and has a hard time taking any more than 1 mob, and the pally is tanky but really now on damage.

i'd say pick one of the popular classes that has a play style you like, and go for it. I'm honestly not sure there is a strong strong class in this game for PvE, especially since it's really set up for group PvP

just got in Archeage, on kyrios server on the asian/cat people faction is anyone else is on there

So is there a server that Hardforum is on?

I figured since the queues were hopefully dying down I would finally try this game.

Duno about everyone else, but I'm on Ollo. Still queues, but Friday primetime was about a 400-500 person queue, only took maybe 15-20 minutes. I hear it's a bit slower if you're F2P, but what can ya do.

I'm really trying to get into the game, but it's just not installing. I keep getting error code 1001, and randomly I get error code 126. I didn't have an anti-virus going since this is a fresh windows install, so that basically rules out all of the advice they are saying of turning off my anti-virus. I tried downloading cryphysics.dll and that didn't work. I've downloaded the damn game 3 times now, and it has failed each time. Any ideas on what I can do?

I'm playing on Kyrios West with <Catalyst>. Anyone else playing on Kyrios?

Yeah, Kyrios West. I was in [WE] but left recently as it wasn't really for me. For now I'm just working on leveling another tradeskill or two since I already have ArcheMaster and 90k tailoring.

I'm playing - level 32 so far.. doesn't really have my interest even though I grinded on it for a bit. It's just eh.

I'm playing - level 32 so far.. doesn't really have my interest even though I grinded on it for a bit. It's just eh.

Have you done anything other than grind levels yet? I was pretty bored until I hit level 30, then I could start doing things with my guild.now the game is actually fun. Raids, trade runs, PvP war, arena, farming etc

How are the queues in this game looking now? I've been looking to scratch the MMO itch recently, and this game has been on my radar. But, I don't have time to sit and wait for queues to die down.

What do you say?

How are the queues in this game looking now? I've been looking to scratch the MMO itch recently, and this game has been on my radar. But, I don't have time to sit and wait for queues to die down.

What do you say?

There are no wait times anymore.

trying to do a build for this game specifically. Any suggestions? i was looking at the amd fx9590 but is that the right choice? does it support pcie 3.0? any input is appreciated this game rocks.

Having never played the beta and missing the headstart + launch, but playing for almost a month now, I haven't enjoyed an MMO this much since DAOC, and the runner up to that for me was WAR. I have a feeling I'll be playing this for a long, long time, which is a feeling I haven't honestly been able to say I've had since when Warhammer came out and even that I played for a few years, with DAOC reigning as champion at ~7 years. I'm surprised there isn't more action in this thread considering how populated the game is and in my opinion at least, high quality. A good guild is of course essential even moreso than other newer mmo's, in a lot of ways Archeage is a throwback to games like UO, DAOC, and Shadowbane, and it is definitely much harder in both pve and pvp than more recent titles which may put some people who only grew up with "modern" games off, but the depth and breadth of its content and game systems is just staggering.

That's not to say everything's rosey, of course... particularly for awhile there hacks and bots were a noticeable issue, however Trion has fixed the major culprit enabling macro'ers to grab land plots as easily with impunity, and has had extremely active GM enforcement on bots, goldspammers, and dupers (which the few major items that could be duped no longer can be), even tracking the gold through to other illegitimate accounts of theirs and deleting the illicit items & money (they do stop short of taking legitimate players who had no way to know in the net there, though).

Bots still remain which isn't a shock, even WOW had bots but they just were stuffed into instances even years after release... and there are some of the usual game issues but it's unreal to me how this wasn't on my radar for so long even though my guild loved it and many of our members moved from other games to it. I'd say their marketing of "sandpark" is very much accurate... there is an enormous amount of sandbox mechanics and content systems, but there is also some more guided stuff in there too, which is good for having other things to do as well as content during slower times of the night or day. The first part of Auroria, the northern Continent, is coming in Tuesday.

I'm also a huge fan of the no-box-fee, just sub for $15 (11 if done as a 6 month package), seems reasonable to me. You don't have to subscribe technically and can do a free account (many do for alt accounts) to get the gist of the game just fine though at least initially, and if you do well economically in game you could pay your subscription by buying the cash shop item called APEX that gives credits to the store for gold off the auction house (which you can subscribe with). Personally I'm not fussed about the $11 a month :p, but the option's there.

Last edited:
I played the beta with a few friends and we just didn't get into it. It was a typical korean MMO, albeit one that I felt was done pretty well. The combat felt weird, I'm not sure if I would call it clunky or overly smooth to the point of being blurry. I did a duel or two vs. my friend who was playing what would essentially be a warrior (we were both fairly high level) and I was 2 stories above him casting a spell. He used whatever charge/jump ability he had and leapt up to where I was only to fall back down because I was at the edge. This was all fine and good except for the fact that he happened to use a channeled melee ability on me when he was actually near me and the channeling continued for 4 seconds even when he was on the ground 2 stories below. That was just silly to me, taking melee damage from someone 30 yards below me, and the damage ended with a stun too.

That's just an excerpt of something that felt alien to me, I'm sure it's an issue of to each their own, but the game felt too grindy. I'm not big into professions but I was still level 30 spending eighteen hours a week in the beta (which is a lot for my schedule anymore) and there were kids who were max level doing end game stuff already with massive ships like you'd see in assassin's creed 4.

Back