arch linux install

Imaulle

[H]ard|Gawd
can someone help me install this? I get so confused tyring to figure out the wiki instructions... or is there an easy script I can use or some easy steps other than the official wiki?

Which parts, specifically, are you having problems with?

Last edited:
I get as far as the unmount and reboot, but it just does a continous reboot loop after that. I've tried a few times clearly I'm doing something wrong D:

I believe Manjaro Linux was born from Arch and has an installer.

I had problems with my laptop booting into Arch because of it's EFI motherboard, I tried every permutation of partitioning and boot loaders I could find in the Arch wiki. (GPT + grub-efi-x86_64, GPT+refind, GPT+grub-bios, syslinux, etc.)

I finally ended up dropping GPT entirely and just doing a MBR style disk and using grub-bios, which still didn't work at first because I forgot to set the boot flag on my /boot partition.

Arch is an awesome distro, and I'm new to it as well, I hope it works out for you.

I got tripped up installing in vmware after the initial installation my network didn't work.
I'm going to give it another shot this weekend. I'll win sooner or later damnit, I was a gentoo user.

I re-downloaded the image and used a different USB stick and had no issues. I'm loving Arch !!!

I got tripped up installing in vmware after the initial installation my network didn't work.
I'm going to give it another shot this weekend. I'll win sooner or later damnit, I was a gentoo user.

If you've installed gentoo, arch linux shouldn't be to bad.

I tried it once a couple months ago.. didn't like it. Gentoo is for me :)

Back