Arcadey-type Flight Sim?

BlackTigers91

2[H]4U
Well, I've thrown my cars at LOMAC, and I wasn't a huge fan of it. So, I need some help here. Does anybody know of a good flight game for the PC? I don't want to bother with a real sim, so I'm looking for something kind of .... arcadish .... for now. I saw a trailer for "Over G Fighters" on the 360, and I would like something to that extent, for the PC. Or I used to have a game, Top Gun, for the PS2 that rocked hard, something along these lines...

Modern jets, as well. Thanks, and anyone with help gets a cookie!

Pilotwings 64, awesome game. Too bad there is nothing like it for PC that I know of...

The IL2 Sturmovik series has an "arcade" mode.

Not that it's EXTREMELY arcade, but it's certainly a lot simpler than LOMAC.

Il-2 Sturmovik and its many sequels and spinoffs is still primarily a hardcore flight sim, but there are a ton of difficulty options and you can make the game very "arcade-y" and turn off spins and blackouts and pretty much everything else. You can turn off "realistic gunnery" to make bullets fly perfectly straight and do more damage when they hit. You can even set it to where the game lets you know when you kill enemy aircrew and also tells you when you score a headshot on them, etc.

Il-2 Sturmovik and its many sequels and spinoffs is still primarily a hardcore flight sim, but there are a ton of difficulty options and you can make the game very "arcade-y" and turn off spins and blackouts and pretty much everything else. You can turn off "realistic gunnery" to make bullets fly perfectly straight and do more damage when they hit. You can even set it to where the game lets you know when you kill enemy aircrew and also tells you when you score a headshot on them, etc.

And don't forget "unlimited ammo", where you can pretty much just hold the trigger down from mission start to end, dealing out a swath of destruction as if you were wielding a light saber or something.

Back