Aquamark3 Showdown!!

Originally posted by LancerJay
ok after reading popcorn's post i re-did some benchmarking and took some SS. i don't have anywhere to host it so i just posted it on ocforums.com

here's a link:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2667481#post2667481

well popcorn, your settings are 100% default then either. your vsync is disabled, default has vsync on

:rolleyes:

and for drivers, i'm now currently using 56.72. are these the "cheating" drivers? i'll change them if they are.

lol, man! You're right, I do turn vysynch off BUT, it is set to application controlled by default and Aquamark3 turns it off anyway to run the default benchmark, so it's a moot point. But you're right, I did turn that off in the control panel. So i accept your :rolleyes: . ;) rofl

Now as far as your retest goes...That looks more like it. I can believe the 46,000 score with your rig, and considering the video card, it's a pretty nice score actually, good job mate!

Now as far as your drivers go, I have no idea if they are cheating drivers are not, I really don't care. I'm just as likely to buy nVidia next time as ATI *if* their image quality, perforamnce and driver quality is up to par with ATI. But nvidia has had to sacrifice IQ in their latest generation, just to get numbers that look good to people who spend time putting emphasis on benchmark numbers, rather than actual games and IQ within those games.

I'm sure your card has good IQ and that's a nice score. Peace. Enjoy your rig.

I have a crushing CPU Score, almost 11K but my 9500np just isn't cutting it. Any hints for more performance out of a stock cooled 9500?

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Sorry dude, but I had to go and add another 6MHz to my core.....just for fun. ;)

Just to give you a little something more to shoot for. :p

It's all good Bro.

You are dealing with this.

You are about to be dealing with this. ;)

That was all I've been waiting for. :D
See you soon! :p

Originally posted by IYIENACE
It's all good Bro.

You are dealing with this.

You are about to be dealing with this. ;)

That was all I've been waiting for. :D
See you soon! :p

Bah, boourns.....all you guys are pulling this h2O gear out of your asses and leaving little old corny behind wiht his piddly little air cooling. ;)

Still, I'm very excited to just get the 2.8C m0 home.....it'll be a rough week here while I'm waiting for it, but Thursday is gonna kick ass. :D

My Highest score is 40,384 AquaMark with ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB (380,680) with CATALYST 03.9.

Bah, boourns.....all you guys are pulling this h2O gear out of your asses and leaving little old corny behind wiht his piddly little air cooling. ;)

Still, I'm very excited to just get the 2.8C m0 home.....it'll be a rough week here while I'm waiting for it, but Thursday is gonna kick ass. :D

PSSSSSS it is thursday.

Originally posted by PopCorn
Yeah but that's because you're a whore old buddy! <3, ;)

You doing phase cooling now aren't you? How do like the IC7max3 compared to the P4C800? I hope I'm right in thinking that's what you have and also what you had. If not put me straight.

Yeah, Mach II. I like both boards pretty well. I just really wanted a black board, and I wasnt aware of the vdimm issues before I bought it. :/

Originally posted by fallguy
Yeah, Mach II. I like both boards pretty well. I just really wanted a black board, and I wasnt aware of the vdimm issues before I bought it. :/

The MAX3! has vdimm issues whereas the P4C800 has vcore issues.....neither of them are perfect.

Heh, that's the reason I bought my MAX3 too.....'cus it was black.....I just got pissed at the ram incompatiblities I was running into with that board.

I'm fine now though, so all's well. :cool:

I dont think you understand the vdimm issues. They are not comparable. The IC7 MAX3 also undervolts the vcore, but when selecting anything above 2.8 on the vdimm, it causes the volts to fluctuate, and can seriously damage your hardware. One of the main reasons I wanted it, is because it was supposed to do 3.2v with no mods. It cant.

I dont think you understand the vdimm issues. They are not comparable. The IC7 MAX3 also undervolts the vcore, but when selecting anything above 2.8 on the vdimm, it causes the volts to fluctuate, and can seriously damage your hardware. One of the main reasons I wanted it, is because it was supposed to do 3.2v with no mods. It cant.

Mine was fine when I cleared 2.9v but whatever.....I often fluke with hardware. I never went all the way to 3.2v though.....not on the generic PC2100 I had at the time.

I fully understand what the issues are with both boards, and I don't really appreciate you talking down to me like that, I wasn't being offensive.

I MUCH does the MAX3 hitting the vcore for ya? Mine is now in my buddies comp and it doesn't move THAT much. My P4C800-E on the other hand will cave in under load and drop it from 1.75v down to 1.64.....not good at all. ;)

What I find funny is that you can stabilize your cpu's voltage quite a bit by disabling hyper threading.....mine still fluxed.....but not nearly as much. More like half.

I hope you're happy with your board, I did, and I do. ;)

I wasnt talking down to you. Dont be so defesive.

They are not comparable issues. If the PC800 raised volts, then it would be. The MAX3 does, and can kill hardware.

I wasnt talking down to you. Dont be so defesive.

They are not comparable issues. If the PC800 raised volts, then it would be. The MAX3 does, and can kill hardware.

K, yeah, sry.....didn't mean to act like that.

Well, technically the P4C800 does raise volts.....it idles a little high. ;)

But yeah, I know what you mean, it doesn't FLUX up. which yeah.....is pretty nasty.

Just ran this AquaMark for the first time, no idea how good or bad my score is. Seems to be about avg from reading through this post.

Anyways here goes

GFX- 6924
CPU- 10249
score- 51762

linky

this is after i oc'd my card to 504/965

gfx - 7245
cpu - 10252
score - 53524

linky

Mach II eh? You have the coolest toys. :)

So, if I stay at or below 2.8v do think I would be happy with the max3 over the P4C800? My P4P800 is having a well known issue with running high FSBs @ 1:1, the northbridge can introduce Artifacts in some 3d appz. Although every other benchmark and stress test passes fine. Only happens when running 1:1 too, other Ratios are fine. The 875 chipsets aren't having these issues so I'm trying to decide which way to go. I still keep leaning toward the Asus but the max3 has really attractive features and looks like it would run cooler due the fans and stuff. But from what I've read it doesn't really overclock any better than the P4C800 E.

Advice or opinions?

Heh, that's the reason I bought my MAX3 too.....'cus it was black.....I just got pissed at the ram incompatiblities I was running into with that board.

What Ram problems? Enlighten me. I have this pretty nice Corsair with decent headroom, but I don't want more problems. I know that my Ram was verified by Corsair on the P4C800, I don't know if the max3 will like it or not. One more thing to consider I guess.

What Ram problems? Enlighten me. I have this pretty nice Corsair with decent headroom, but I don't want more problems. I know that my Ram was verified by Corsair on the P4C800, I don't know if the max3 will like it or not. One more thing to consider I guess.

It's just that the MAX3! was well known during it's introduction to have the most issues with memory compatibility. Certain memory chips/revisions/brands just wouldnt clock up to or beyond 255FSB.....no matter how hard you tried. I hit this problem a couple times with some no-name stuff and once with some Corsair Platinum PC3200 but my friends Samsung cleared it no problem. ;) It didnt matter what ratio the memory was at and had nothing to do with teh speed of the ram itself, just teh fsb being used.

I haven't had my MAX3 for some time now so I'm not sure if they've attemped to clear this up along the way but I'm just speaking from my previous experiences with the board.

I still keep leaning toward the Asus but the max3 has really attractive features and looks like it would run cooler due the fans and stuff. But from what I've read it doesn't really overclock any better than the P4C800 E.

Honestly I would go for the Asus if you're going to be staying at or below 2.8v on the memory. The two boards overclock vary comparably so that isn't often the deciding factor. What was important to me though was compatibility and reliability. I don't think I'd be alone in saying that I think Asus has a much stronger, more reliable past then Abit does with enthusiasts. Seeing as basically any new stick of ram out there get's tested out on the P4C800 it's just nice to know that I won't run into any stupid little compatibility issues later on. I hate surprises with my computer.

A word to you though, the OTES does next to nothing for your overclock. The fan isn't all that loud but it does make the board quite cramped.....and good luck getting rid of those stupid green LED's if you're going for some other kind of lighting in your case.

It was a number of different things that made me pick up my P4C800-E after selling my shuttle and not another MAX3! but I'm so glad that I did.....best move I ever made.

Just ran this AquaMark for the first time, no idea how good or bad my score is. Seems to be about avg from reading through this post.

Not bad at all.....that OC score is pretty nice BTW. 53k = yummy. :D

thats funny cause my 3dmark scores are low :(

I get like 17k in 3d2k1 and like 6800 in 3d2k3

Soo being that I get decent scores with Aquamark I decided to try and get a little more out of it. I installed the StarStorm X drivers and clocked my card a little more and pulled

AquaMark Score: 54630
AquaMark CPU Score: 10261
AquaMark GFX Score: 7443

linky

Maybe I can pull 57k out of it, not sure how much more I can clock my card at, so far I am not getting any artifacts. I also might try the other starstorm drivers that are made for benchmarks just to see what they get :)

Not to insult you but do you have vsynch off for sure? Did you install the Intel inf drivers? It's not that your score is bad but it does look lower than it should be with your set up. You are set to balanced in your ATI 3d control panel right? Also, maybe try doing a clean reinstall of your Catalyst drivers using Driver Cleaner to get everything out. And I'm assuming that you're up to date on DX9.0b & critical updates? Also, get adaware and Spybot S&D from Majorgeeks.com and make sure you are spyware free. Go to Black vipers site and make sure you have all your non essential XP services tweaked or disabled. How many prgrams are running in your task bar next to your clock when you benchmark?

Again not to insult you but that's where I would start.

Yes latest Inf Vsync off. S&D all the time. DX9B . Install is less then 2 weeks old. I only run powerstrip and creative volume control on task bar

I'm going to install 4.3 whats the best way of removing/cleaning ? I get horriable frame rates in bf vietnam too at 1024x768 ( Cant run aa or af either cause buggy drivers ) w/ texture on high rest medium and shadows off. 25-30avg fps, pathetic.

Originally posted by Jondbold
I'm going to install 4.3 whats the best way of removing/cleaning ? I get horriable frame rates in bf vietnam too at 1024x768 ( Cant run aa or af either cause buggy drivers ) w/ texture on high rest medium and shadows off. 25-30avg fps, pathetic.

Check this...

Still same crap and it went up to 46k after I tightened my mem timming from (2.5-3-3-8) to 2-3-3-8. I've tried benching w/ and w/o Powerstrip on to see if the pci latency tweaks are effecting it. No difference in benches. This last install I did was without ACPI that im running now and everything is up to date as well. *EDIT* 6239 3dmarks

Well I'm sorry to hear that it didn't help you any but thx for making use of the thread.....it needs all the publicity it can get right now. I'm hoping to help at least a couple people with this thing. ;)

Let us know if you have any breakthroughs dude, I don't enjoy seeing other ppl "suffer" like that with their comps.

this is cool, i got a 5 page thread going! heh, even though it's not all related to the same topic (aquamark scores) but that's ok. i'm flexible, nice to see this thread to keep going. let's keep the scores coming though! i just ordered my dual channel 512mb of mushking ram today :D so i'll be benchmarking soon again.

thanks everyone

- Jonathan

Originally posted by LancerJay
i just ordered my dual channel 512mb of mushking ram today :D so i'll be benchmarking soon again.

thanks everyone

- Jonathan

Heh, typo or just being silly? :rolleyes: :p

Oh BTW, I ran through AM3 on my parents computer, specs are:

AthlonXP 1800+ Pally @ stock
ECS K7S5A
2x256MB PC2100 DDR
Leadtek GF3 Ti200 64MB

She scored a whopping 10,320. :D Wow, that's like barely 1/5 the score on my main. :D 2.8C overclocked will be bringing me 52-53k though so I'll get you guys updates ASAP.

I think with these new GPUs about to drop, it's a good time to do it.

Thanks for the tip.

For sure, you can't go wrong with PC P&C at all. :cool:

Yeah it really pisses me off because I was getting better scores a couple months ago w/ my [email protected] before I spent $430 on a 3.4 GRR oh one more thing I only see one cpu in cpu usage if i'm not mistaken hyper threading shows up 2 ? Possibly I forgot to install intel infs after I formated and it would cause this or it's acpi/apci (whatever it's called not letting it be enabled ?) Oh and yes of course hyperthreading is enabled in the bios...

Originally posted by eViL_M@LuM
Ok Corny it's 285FSB @ 3.2v 2.5 4 4 8 timmings.

But that's with your Geil stuff isn't it? I wonder if it'd be worth voltmodding the ram on my mobo up to 3.15v or not. My memory already does 267 @ 1:1 /w 2.85v 3-4-4-8 so I'm thinkin' that i should gain either timings or clock out of it.......one way or another.

Originally posted by eViL_M@LuM
I bet you'd gain clock with it.

Bah, you're not helping things.....now i REALLY wanna do it. I thought maybe I could get by without doing the vmod but I guess I was wrong. I'm already gonna be "goin down" on my mobo this month anyways with the droop mod so what's a few more wires. ;)

ACPI 2.0 suppourt is off ACPI APIC suppourt is enabled for me. Anyone see any problems with that effecting performance ? I did it because back in the day it helped my audigy 1. Figured it might help my stuttering problem. But alas no and I get crap performance and dual cpu graphs aren't showing up under windows task manager

Originally posted by Jondbold
Just formated and it's now
6,150 GFX
9,990 CPU
47,022 Total

Hmm, I'm trying to remember what I scored with my XT at stock clock (or thereabouts). You've got almost a 500MHz cpu advantage on me though so I really dont know. Check out the ARC and see where other people are with your cpu AND video card clocks. I really like the ARC for the amount of customization it gives you with the searches.

If worse comes to worse you aren't doing BAD.....something just strikes me as odd, that's all.

for kicks I tried 3:2 instead of 5:4 and got
6,162 GFX
10,625 CPU

Wtf ? I thought 5:4 was better ... *Edit* I was in 3:2 not 5:4 whoops. Still though seems low...

Back