Aquamark3 Showdown!!

LancerJay

Weaksauce
Hey everyone, I'd like to see what is the best score you can possibly score on Aquamark3. I want to include ATi and nVidia cards in it.

I would prefer that you use benchmark #1 on aquamark, and leave the settings at default.

i'll start off with mine

Score: 51,043
CPU: P4 2.4 @ 3.15
RAM: 256MB Generic PC2700
Motherboard: ASUS P4P800
Video Card: XFX FX 5900XT (499/903)
Drivers: 56.64

Video card Settings: AF, AA, Vertical Sync off
Performance settings

My highest so far is 39517 but it is still going up just about every time as I am not done tweaking. One thing holding me back is my sort of slow CPU. And my not so great mother board.

I am very happy now with things because if you take my CPU speed I am #3 in 3DMark03 that is for the 5900XT that is. I feel that is very good and I hope with a little more tweaking to try for the #1 spot :)

i dunno... something is holdin my compy back, ALOT i think...

Score: 34,380 :(
CPU P4 2.4 @ 2.88
RAM: 1GB Corsair XMS pc3200 ddr400
MOBO: ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
Vid: RADEON 9500 (350/300) :(
Drivers: 3.9 CAT (softmod ocfaq pack)

Originally posted by ex247
i dunno... something is holdin my compy back, ALOT i think...

Score: 34,380 :(
Vid: RADEON 9500 (350/300) :(

I would say this is what is holding you back. From what I have seen from others your score is about right if not a little high than others with same vid card. You about #10 or so out of 16 that made their scores public with that card. To me that is not bad at all. Well looking again you might even be ranked higher than that. Just go to their site and compare it with others systems about the same as yours. I think your find that you not that bad at all compared to other systems close to yours.

Just ran it and got 41,949 with the setup in the sig. I might try to squeeze some more out of it later.

Hrm, specs in my sig.
Video settings set for performance in the Cat 4.3. CPU is OC-ed as in sig, but 9800P is left at stock settings.
Score is about 45K

2 year old Dell with specs in sig gets me 35,000 benching normally. Real score with eye candy on is also in sig.

skidmark: what drivers you using for your saphire?

same settings as above

but....
vid settings: 355/320
score: 36,124

little better... im gonna keep and trying to push the card.... but i needa get a sensor in there asap.

Originally posted by ex247
skidmark: what drivers you using for your saphire?

same settings as above

but....
vid settings: 355/320
score: 36,124

little better... im gonna keep and trying to push the card.... but i needa get a sensor in there asap.

I'm using the 3.7's since my system doesn't like Battlefield Vietnam with the 4.3's. My vid card was clocked at 365/296 when I ran it.

just pushed it a lil more... i wanted to break 40k 2nite dont think it will happen tho...

vid: 365/319
score: 36,250

For some reason AA was enabled now I got
6,066 GFX
8,905 CPU (not sure why it went down ? )
45,256 TOTAL

still isn't 45k really low for my specs ?

*EDIT*
Yes I am wtf look at first posters

Just breaking in my new mobile 2600 @ 2.3ghz and a 9800 pro at 400/360. One run came in at 43,000, then a second time with the same settings (I think) only did 41,000. Default settings on RAM too if that matters (PC3500).

DATE: 2003-09-20 12:42:34 Set this Measurement to be private. Delete this measurement
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) CR: 2243 MHz SRAM: 512 MB
GFX: RADEON 9800 PRO (Omega 2.4.78) CM: 446 / 320 MHz VRAM: 128 MB DRIVER: 6.14.10.6378
# 1 AquaMark Score: 45650 (CPU: 8587, GFX: 6261) FPS: 45.65

Haven't run it with my new system

2.4C @ 3.4ghz 284FSB 1:1 9500np Softmodded 351/295 "damn 3.3ns sgram"

Sorry to call this guy out but...

I don't really believe the guy who started this thread is being honest with his score. If he is it's probably some "optimized" nvidia driver for this specific benchmark. I spotted a few more people who look like they may be stretching it a bit based on their sig. Either that or their sig is outdated. Conversely i see others who are being honest and their scores seem dead on for what they're running.

My scores are approx. 45,500 with my 9800 non pro clocked at 378/656 & a tad over 47,000 clocked at 424/654. Catalyst 4.3's.

These are honest scores based on a tweaked, fully Prime95x2 Stable machine that runs at the speed in Sig 24/7. If I wanted to push it more to just get a higher benchmark score by tightening up Ram, tweaking Bios to instability under normal use & risking my hardware I'm sure I could gain a bit more. But I bench at what I run at and what Primes out stable as well as passing Super Pi and memtest86+.

High benchmarks are fine for increasing your e-penis size BUT what are your scores on your box at your 24/7 stable settings. That's all that impresses me.

**Edit-I just noticed that he has "performance settings" at the bottom of his post. Maybe that's it. I've never ran those setting on my ATI card. Mainly because I don't have to to get good performance or decent benches. Run it again with quality or balanced settings (whatever nvidia has as their default) and THEN post back. We'll see what that 5900XT really has going for it. I run my stuff at default ATI "Balanced" for benching. If you want to keep Aquamark settings at default then keep your card at default too. Let's make this apples to apples.

Score of 45,341

P2.4c oc'ed 2.8ghz 1gig Kingston hyper x pc3500 9800pro oc'ed to 465/378
this kinda weird i beat most of you and dont have my cpu clock
as fast. hmmm and this is stable 24/7 setting i leave my computer on allways never turn it off but to reset with new drivers etc.

Originally posted by PopCorn
Sorry to call this guy out but...

I don't really believe the guy who started this thread is being honest with his score. If he is it's probably some "optimized" nvidia driver for this specific benchmark. I spotted a few more people who look like they may be stretching it a bit based on their sig. Either that or their sig is outdated. Conversely i see others who are being honest and their scores seem dead on for what they're running.

My scores are approx. 45,500 with my 9800 non pro clocked at 378/656 & a tad over 47,000 clocked at 424/654. Catalyst 4.3's.

These are honest scores based on a tweaked, fully Prime95x2 Stable machine that runs at the speed in Sig 24/7. If I wanted to push it more to just get a higher benchmark score by tightening up Ram, tweaking Bios to instability under normal use & risking my hardware I'm sure I could gain a bit more. But I bench at what I run at and what Primes out stable as well as passing Super Pi and memtest86+.

High benchmarks are fine for increasing your e-penis size BUT what are your scores on your box at your 24/7 stable settings. That's all that impresses me.

**Edit-I just noticed that he has "performance settings" at the bottom of his post. Maybe that's it. I've never ran those setting on my ATI card. Mainly because I don't have to to get good performance or decent benches. Run it again with quality or balanced settings (whatever nvidia has as their default) and THEN post back. We'll see what that 5900XT really has going for it. I run my stuff at default ATI "Balanced" for benching. If you want to keep Aquamark settings at default then keep your card at default too. Let's make this apples to apples.

What is the point of this post? Are you just complaining and crying "not fair" or are you calling someone a cheat or what?? lol

Originally posted by IYIENACE
What is the point of this post? Are you just complaining and crying "not fair" or are you calling someone a cheat or what?? lol

lol, yes. Hows that for an answer? ;) Actually at first I just didn't believe his rig produced that score, pretty simple. But when I saw he had "performance" mode listed, maybe it did. "Performance" mode with nvidia could mean just about anything at this point where Image Quality is concerned. I'm not hating on nvidia, who knows, I might be running an NV40 myself in a few weeks but I simply find his score , well rather suspect.

He said he wanted people to run the default Aquamark3 benchmark, well I say run your card at the default then. Don't go ruining IQ just to come here and say you broke 50,000 like that even matters. Run the card at comparable image quality settings as compared to ATI and then tell me your score. Again, pretty simple request.

Oh and BTW, looking at your sig, it's easy to believe you broke 51,000 but look at his sig and do the math.

It's cool. Nope, not you. If you look my scores vs yours and look at both our setups, yours are totally believable to me. With your nice overclock of 400mhz more than mine and your really nice Core and Ram clocks on your card, makes perfect sense.

Peace. ;)

Originally posted by Jondbold
WTF why is mine complete crap ? 4.3 drivers btw

Not to insult you but do you have vsynch off for sure? Did you install the Intel inf drivers? It's not that your score is bad but it does look lower than it should be with your set up. You are set to balanced in your ATI 3d control panel right? Also, maybe try doing a clean reinstall of your Catalyst drivers using Driver Cleaner to get everything out. And I'm assuming that you're up to date on DX9.0b & critical updates? Also, get adaware and Spybot S&D from Majorgeeks.com and make sure you are spyware free. Go to Black vipers site and make sure you have all your non essential XP services tweaked or disabled. How many prgrams are running in your task bar next to your clock when you benchmark?

Again not to insult you but that's where I would start.

Check my sig.....51,198.....just a tad ahead of IYIENACE there for #1 in here so far. ;)

I'll be hitting somewhere right around 52k - 53k once my 2.8C m0 arrives and I get it ramped up to 3.7GHz in sync with my ram. :D Should be nice to see. :cool:

I'll be somewhere between this guy and this guy. It'll be leaning moreso towards the 53k score though as I've got roughly the same core clock at the 52,678 score.....but 28MHz more on the memory.

My official goal will be 53k, and it doesn't look very far out of reach at all. I'll probly wait and make the "winning run" right after a format to set me ahead enough to hit my target no problem. ;) It's not cheating.....I'm just [H]ardcore. :cool:

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Check my sig.....51,198.....just a tad ahead of IYIENACE there for #1 in here so far. ;)

lol Man our scores are within 100 on every bench it seems. ;)

It's on now. :mad:

;)

See now you all are driving me to want to buy a 9800pro, I've had 3 already and keep selling them. 9500np will have to do, my amd toys show up today, so 2.5ghz 250 x 10 should do real nice in 3dmark/aquamark. :D

Sorry dude, but I had to go and add another 6MHz to my core.....just for fun. ;)

51,618.GIF

It's not without artifacts but it's to the point that I should be able to basically clear it up when I mod the Giant III and slap the extra cooling on there.

Just to give you a little something more to shoot for. :p

ok after reading popcorn's post i re-did some benchmarking and took some SS. i don't have anywhere to host it so i just posted it on ocforums.com

here's a link:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2667481#post2667481

well popcorn, your settings are 100% default then either. your vsync is disabled, default has vsync on

:rolleyes:

and for drivers, i'm now currently using 56.72. are these the "cheating" drivers? i'll change them if they are.

Cornelious, looking good man. Hopefully that 2.8 m0 will do the trick for ya brother. :) In a few weeks no matter if it's a new ATI or nvidia card, I think we'll all be laughing at these "low" 40,000-55,000 Aquamarks.

Here's to 75, 000+ in the near future maybe! :eek:

IYIENACE, what settings did you use on your video card? did you use application controlled? your computer score kills mine :-/

when i get better ram i'll have to do some benchmarks all over again.

Back