Aquaman Official Trailer

Frelling? Did you mean failing? Marvel continues to put out good shows by and large. DC is failing in most aspects, TV and cinema though.

Edit: What's a BRD?

ha! sorry for all the confusion... by BRD I meant Blu-Ray disk, and... just google "frell" :D

Could go either way with this. I still don't feel it's as bad as Shazam.

To me that looks like an 80's t.v. movie.

I'd totally watch that, looks dumb and fun.

Aquaman on the other hand, catching a blade between the hands, look, once is too much, and yet it happened twice in the friggen trailer! CRINGE!

ha! sorry for all the confusion... by BRD I meant Blu-Ray disk, and... just google "frell" :D

Ah, well, my point still stands. Marvel puts out good shows and DC puts out crap. Unfortunately, a lot of people just lump them all together as superhero movies.

And that Shazam trailer was awful.

Another DC flop incoming, i wonder why they just don't quit and try it again in a few years. Their only real success was Wonder woman which followed on the heels of the Ghostbusters drama which sparked the whole women in movies debate. Probably the only reason wonder woman did well was because it got the sympathy vote with it being right in the middle of all that.

While I don't think Wonder Woman deserved all the hype it got, I found the movie quite entertaining and definitely worth the watch.

As for Aquaman, I have little to no interest in seeing it. I found him to be the least interesting character in Justice League and I don't think Jason Mamoa has a chance in hell in being able to carry a movie on his own; he's just too one dimensional. He'd fit in perfect as a character in something like an Expendables movie but he's simply not main character material.

While I don't think Wonder Woman deserved all the hype it got, I found the movie quite entertaining and definitely worth the watch.

As for Aquaman, I have little to no interest in seeing it. I found him to be the least interesting character in Justice League and I don't think Jason Mamoa has a chance in hell in being able to carry a movie on his own; he's just too one dimensional. He'd fit in perfect as a character in something like an Expendables movie but he's simply not main character material.

yeah never understood the wonder woman hype.. the cgi in that movie made my eyes bleed.. hey guys this chicks running at the speed of sound but her legs and arms are moving like she's walking in place drunk.. dafuq o_O personally i think DC needs to dump what ever company they're using for CGI and find a new one, then maybe their movies wouldn't be so god damn awful. either way i plan to watch aquaman.

I'll still see it, but I was not impressed by that trailer. Looks rather cringe inducing.

Thad Castle was still better....

Aquaman.jpg

Looks pretty cool, but Im not overly optimistic considering the track record.

Is this Aquaman? Or a bad reboot of Power Rangers? The costumes and creatures look god-awful!

I can still remember when making a movie about Aquaman was considered a joke. Anyone remember Entourage?

Here's another one, the idea for "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter" was stolen from a show called Party Down. They were using the idea for that movie (about Edgar Allen Poe as the hunter, and Abraham Lincoln making an appearance) as a joke about something that was SO stupid nobody would ever do it. But now that reality has become a farce satire is fucking dead.

Although Justice League underperformed, there seems to be plenty of interest still invested in the DC cinematic universe: case in point, the Aquaman trailer, which WB premiered at their panel during SDCC yesterday and is currently trending #1 on YouTube. While the CG looks like it needs a bit of work, hopes for the film are high, as it is helmed by James Wan of Saw/Conjuring/Insidious fame.

From Warner Bros. Pictures and director James Wan comes an action-packed adventure that spans the vast, visually breathtaking underwater world of the seven seas, “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa in the title role. The film reveals the origin story of half-human, half-Atlantean Arthur Curry and takes him on the journey of his lifetime—one that will not only force him to face who he really is, but to discover if he is worthy of who he was born to be…a king.
My common sense is telling me this movie is going to suck, bigly.

Whoa whoa whoa....did he....did he just do the "stop the swinging sword by trapping it between your hands" thing? LOL.

*edit*

TWICE!

Don't get the hate. It doesn't look too bad from the trailer. Proabably won't be a great movie but average like the rest of the DC movies.

Momoa has come a long way from battling the Wraith for 7 years as Ronon Dex in SG:A imo.
Conan and Wolves was a let down, GoT I don't watch so no comment there.
Justice League and now Aquaman, how much longer can he be sustained? I'm surprised he's made it this far, and I'm sure he is too.

I'd totally watch that, looks dumb and fun.

It (Shazam) actually looks like it could be good--the trailer doesn't seem to take itself at all seriously ("your phone's charged! *your* phone's charged!").

I haven't seen it - you mean it gets worse than Green Lantern? At least he did a good job with Dead Pool.

Freddie Got Fingered is the only movie I've ever had the cashier ask "why are you seeing <i>that</i>?" in all the decades I've been going to movies. It was suspected at the time Tom Green designed it so that nobody'd ever ask him to do a movie again. It's utterly cringeworthy--there's a scene where his paraplegic girlfriend asks him to beat on her legs with a crutch.

The title is a reference to his character's (false) claim that his younger brother was molested by their father for some reason so stupid I can't even remember it.

I see you are a man of culture, as well.

I agree. The most ingenious use of one word cussing ever! Farscape will always have a place in my heart. Battlestar did pretty good with frack as well.

"You frelling piece of frell! I will frell the frelling frell out of you the next frelling time I frelling see you!"

Looks like complete garbage.

"Shazam" looks fairly entertaining though.

Heard they're post work on the Shazam character to slim him up a little, hopefully they work on the suit lighting for the lightning bolt, looks like a giant LED light.

If you listen closely at the very end, when he jumps out of the plane, the yell he makes sounds like Goofy from Disney.

They should do an outtake and insert a Wilhelm scream.
-----------------------------------

Just watched the new Alita, Battle Angel trailer.
I hope they don't shit on that IP, and release more.

One thing DC really needs to work on is getting better a better CGI department for their movies. The green lantern was really bad for how it was done. A few parts here had the animated suit vibe to it, 44 seconds in for example while not as bad as green lantern still feels off and doesn't look 100% real. The justice league had the same issue with the main villain not seeming like he really fit in with everyone else on screen with its design, as did dooms day in BvS. Some parts of this trailer had the same feel where some parts didn't mix very well. Some even stood out with it being obvious that everything you were seeing was green screen. However this is early on and they have time to fix that some by then.

Yesterday I noticed that trailer and from the look of that imagine I thought it was some fan made joke trailer. Didn't realize that was the real trailer.

This. A AAA summer blockbuster should be done by someone on ILM's level or not at all.

Eh, I might watch it if it comes out on netflix. Doesn't look that bad, but then again, I don't consider myself a "connisour"

Back