Applying Teflon or SIlicone Grease to Keyboard Keyswitches?

Boris_yo

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I saw a video on YouTube how someone cleaned their membrane keyboard and applied teflon grease
which improved functionality of keycaps, making them easier and quieter when pressing. I haven't cleaned
my keyboard with a few creaky keycaps yet and I am thinking of doing what the guy did too.

I saw teflon and silicone greases on Amazon but only a handful of 3rd party sellers ship to my country and
I prefer much Amazon to buy directly from.

I saw silicone grease on AE and there are 4 types: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003380866095.html
It is way cheaper and I wonder if it will do the job as well. Also wonder whether it's teflon grease or silicone
grease that is better to grease my keyboard with. I want to prevent keycaps creaking and get better
functioning keycaps overall by using silicone grease on all of keycaps.

Anyone tried greasing their keyboard?

Last edited:
no i have not tried but you can probably get both at an auto parts or electronics shop.

FrgMstr I read that silicone spray is to be used on larger areas and grease is to be applied to small areas or areas with difficult access.
Found Super Lube Multi Purpose Synthetic Lubricant with Syncolon (Teflon) on Amazon. The price is $30 for international me up to my door step. Will consider it.

I've refurbished a few older Logitech keyboards by removing the keys, cleaning it, and then applying grease in each key socket. I usually use white lithium grease and have had great results.

I've refurbished a few older Logitech keyboards by removing the keys, cleaning it, and then applying grease in each key socket. I usually use white lithium grease and have had great results.

Lithium grease is think and not good for natural rubber and plastic. But since keyboards are made of ABS or PBT plastic I think it should be good... And for silicon too maybe but not switches due to its high density.

Back