Apple's Reinvention as a Services Company Starts for Real Monday

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
There have been rumors flying all around about Apple moving towards services to expand their pocket books even more and the folks over at Bloomberg are saying all of the official announcements are coming Monday. If you think about it this move makes sense because iPhones are starting to reach a saturation point. I personally only use my phone for email, text, phone calls and the occasional app so none of this interests me. However, lots of folks use their phones for consuming video and playing games so some of you might be interested in the new services.

Apple is also working on a premium games subscription for its App Store and discussing it with potential partners, according to people with knowledge of the plans. This service won’t take on new cloud-based streaming offerings like Google Stadia. Instead, it will focus on iPhones and iPads and bundle together paid games from different developers that consumers can access for a monthly fee.

I'm all for streaming videos and movies, but game streaming services can piss off.

That Spotify v. Apple [EU anti-trust] complaint just got a tad bit more juicy. If what Spotify is claiming is true, I'd imagine there will now be more complaints from the companies they're going to compete against here.

Back