Apple's 'Let's Talk iPhone' Keynote Liveblog

HardOCP News

[H] News
Engadget plans to liveblog the iPhone 5 event today for those of you interested. The best thing about today's announcement is that this is the end of the non-stop 24/7 iPhone 5 prediction articles! Yay!

And, we're on campus! We're setting up now for a live broadcast outside of 4 Infinite Loop! Stay tuned for a post on that. Hey! You made it! But it's a little early. Not to worry, though -- bookmark this page (yes, this one!) and return at the time listed below for our blow-by-blow coverage live from Cupertino!

And it bring the onslaught of articles with titles such as "How will the iPhone 5 affect Sprint" or "How will the iPhone 5 compete against Ice Cream Sandwich" or "Steve Jobs was not present at the iPhone 5 unveiling, how will this affect it sales and the future of Apple" and a bunch of other BS articles for the next week.

Unless the iPhone 4s is released then you got moar speculation on the iPhone 5 for another year! :D

And it bring the onslaught of articles with titles such as "How will the iPhone 5 affect Sprint" or "How will the iPhone 5 compete against Ice Cream Sandwich" or "Steve Jobs was not present at the iPhone 5 unveiling, how will this affect it sales and the future of Apple" and a bunch of other BS articles for the next week.

None of that matters, I just want to know what is in the iPhone 6.

Unless the iPhone 4s is released then you got moar speculation on the iPhone 5 for another year! :D

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, just channeling my evil overlord there for a second.

Personally, I'm pretty freaking sick of all the rumors, let's get'em done and move on.

I will give Apple credit, if it wasn't for the wacky obsession of a LOT of people (either fanboi's or rabid-anti-fanboi's), we wouldn't hear too much about the iPhone the rest of the year.

A Once a year refresh is kinda nice, if people weren't idiots about it. And sadly, it seems almost everyone's an idiot about it. Even people who hate Apple consistently talk about Apple. I guess it's true, any press is good press. . .

As a Apple fan - but Android user - I could care less about the iphone. Apple hasn't updated their Mac Pro line for well over a year. Imagine any other PC maker not updating their desktop machines for over a year. Shit!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, just channeling my evil overlord there for a second.

Personally, I'm pretty freaking sick of all the rumors, let's get'em done and move on.

I will give Apple credit, if it wasn't for the wacky obsession of a LOT of people (either fanboi's or rabid-anti-fanboi's), we wouldn't hear too much about the iPhone the rest of the year.

A Once a year refresh is kinda nice, if people weren't idiots about it. And sadly, it seems almost everyone's an idiot about it. Even people who hate Apple consistently talk about Apple. I guess it's true, any press is good press. . .

You mean like how Windows 8 was talked to death about for the past several months when it's not ready to be released for a little while yet? Every company has a cash cow they like to talk about over and over again to get the hype going. Microsoft may suck when it comes to advertising accessories like their phones and media players but they're the top player with their operating systems. Same with Apple - they lean on their iPhones and iPod heavily.

That's advertising for you - whether viral or official.

As a Apple fan - but Android user - I could care less about the iphone. Apple hasn't updated their Mac Pro line for well over a year. Imagine any other PC maker not updating their desktop machines for over a year. Shit!

The Mac Pro has dual hexcore Xeons... not some consumer LGA1155 socket :p Rumor is, they are waiting on either SB-E or IB before updating the line.

1:13PM Over 300 million iPods have been sold. "It took Sony 30 years to sell 220,000 Walkman casette players."

Damn.

Aaaaaaaaand the feed blew up. So much for that! Dammit, just as they started talking iPhone.

I'm really interested in what they come out with here. Its looking like I'm going to replace my original Droid with either an iPhone 5 or a Nexus Prime (if it even comes out for Verizon).

Nope, talking currently about the Cards app. You choose a photo which you can use to make a card to send someone. Apple makes the card and mails it for you for $2.99 in the US and $4.99 elsewhere. You get a push notification giving you updates on the status of the card. That is insane.

iCloud could be impressive. Download or re-download music or media any time to any device. Push your photos to the cloud so they can be viewed on other devices. Very nifty.

Bah, I am getting "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable" when I try to access the blog.

New iPod Nano is pretty cool. Added walk/run tracking out of the box, apparently there's a wrist-watch accessory that it fits into (perfect for showing off the stylish new clock faces they introduced).

iPhone 4S, same outer design, new internals. A5 chip.

"1:55PM It's up to 2x faster than before, with dual-core graphics, which are said to be seven times faster than previous iPhone."

The iPod lineup is still grossly over priced IMO. $200 for 8GB of storage in the touch.

1:56PM "We're going to show you some graphics techniques that aren't even available on home gaming consoles."

:|

loving the BS slides with cherry picked huge numbers..... typical apple event imo

I'm still on an iPhone 3G, not even an S. I have to figure out if the wife and I are going to spend the rumored $50 on the dropped price of the 4, or the $200 each on the 4S. Ugh.

1:56PM "We're going to show you some graphics techniques that aren't even available on home gaming consoles."

:|
Only to later say it has graphical effects from God of War (hopefully god of war 3).

8 megapixel camera, 1.1 seconds to first shot, .5 seconds per shot after that. 1080p video recording. Very nice. This really WILL be the best camera I've ever owned.

Long keynote. I see that the next gen iPod family's going to be launched October 12 as will iCloud. Is that the iPhone 4s launch date too?

Wow, Siri is going to be amazing if it works as intended. Meaning, if that isn't a BS stage demo that's going on. Seriously, that's Star Trek shit right there.

icloud looks pretty pimp. It'll be nice not having to manually fix contacts or sync photos between my phone and ipad anymore

That's it. I'm sold. The only thing that could make Siri even more perfect is if I could tell it "Order me a large pepperoni pizza from Tomato & Cheese" and have it place the order directly via text. I guarantee that is right around the corner.

so there is no iphone 5 ? or what

They probably didn't think the upgrade merit being the next generation. Still a very impressive upgrade - as good as my 3Gs is compared to it's predecessor 3G.

so there is no iphone 5 ? or what

Right, so iPhone 5 rumors for another year! Yeah!

Siri looks interesting; here's hoping Google copies it. (Seriously, I'm on Verizon for LTE, so iPhone just isn't going to happen no matter what cool features it might have for me until it gets LTE)

Back