Apple's iPhone on the T-Mobile network as soon as this fall

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I have heard about this earlier this year from a friend of mine who is the head mngr at a Chicago T-Mobile premier store, he said for sure T-Mobile is getting the iPhone, but not until the Holiday season towards the end of the year.

Well here is more official news on that;
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/sns-ap-us-apple-ahead-of-the-bell,0,7935995.story

NEW YORK (AP) — The iPhone will be available on other cell phone networks as early as this fall and will come first to T-Mobile USA

In a note to investors, Kaufman Bros. analyst Shaw Wu said his checks with Apple suppliers and others suggest AT&T Inc. will lose its exclusive place as the iPhone carrier no later than the first half of next year.

So between Fall 2010 and June 2011 supposedly.

Jesus Christ, If i had a nickel for every time someone said the iPhone was gonna be on another carrier then AT&T in America, Id be fucking rich. The iPhone is going nowhere anytime soon!

They've been saying it's coming to Verizon for 3 years. This is all bullshit.

AT&T exclusivity contract with Apple ends sometime in 2011.

If Apple were to let Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon carry the iPhone this year, then AT&T can sue for breach of contract. I think the chances of that exclusivity contract being renew for another few years will depends on what kind of concessions AT&T will give to Apple; meaning % of iPhone sales revenue going to Apple.

Side note: iPad is a new device and will likely have it's own service contract with AT&T. Therefore, expect the data plan to be serviced by AT&T exclusively for the next several years.

OK, ok, hold on a second... Nothing personal Zor, but this is complete and total bullshit, and you made it out to be "official". Your quote was, first off, what an analyst PREDICTED. This is an article telling us that an analyst (stock broker, financial analyst) who FOLLOWS APPLE, predicts that it will come to T-Mobile.

Let me fill you in on something here, and show you how this shit works: I follow Apple, I know what they have in the works, I know what their patterns and trends are, and I can roughly guess what they'll do next to some modicum of success. I am, with the same "officialness" of this article, a fucking analyst. In fact, I'm MORE official than this guy, because I work in the fucking cellphone industry. See where I'm going here?

So I can put out a press release to the AP saying "Entropism, an insider, programmer and analyst with a major cellphone telecom predicts that Apple will release an iPhone model in Yellow, to be exclusively distributed by Sprint through it's Nextel network. Its push to talk capability will give Apple a leg up in an area that it has as of yet been unable to tap, the construction and industrial fields."

See where I'm going with this?

Unless you see this released as being from Apple or a telecom, it's not even close to "official".

Again, nothing personal against you, let's just call a spade a spade here.

I have heard about this earlier this year from a friend of mine who is the head mngr at a Chicago T-Mobile premier store, he said for sure T-Mobile is getting the iPhone, but not until the Holiday season towards the end of the year.

Well here is more official news on that;
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/sns-ap-us-apple-ahead-of-the-bell,0,7935995.story

NEW YORK (AP) — The iPhone will be available on other cell phone networks as early as this fall and will come first to T-Mobile USA

What a joke. How many people are stupid enough to fall for this shit? They have an exclusivity contract with ATT until at least 2012. Anyone claiming the stupid iphone is going to any other network before that contract is up is either incredibly gullible or stupid or both.

Your friend either lied to you or is one of the above mentioned types. I can also assure you that they would not share this information with someone so freaking low on the totem pole anyway until they had to. If T-mobile was getting the iphone i would be surprised if your friend even had a full weeks advance notice before they went public and started advertising.

Jesus Christ, If i had a nickel for every time someone said the iPhone was gonna be on another carrier then AT&T in America, Id be fucking rich. The iPhone is going nowhere anytime soon!

If I took a penny from your nickel every time someone made these claims I'd be pretty wealthy as well. I'll wait until it's on shelves at other carriers stores before I believe it. Until then, no more threads about Iphones on other cell providers OK?

Can't happen, the iPhone would need both GSM bands/frequencies used by T-Mobile, and even the new iPhone doesn't have both......They can't go to T-Mobile, the end. Google the issue.

Store employees know less than nothing about their own market trends, doubly-so for managers.

I love it when people say friend's friend's or some entry level somebody said so and so
haha
every year all the mobile company will always get iphone
ahha no anytime soon
look at&t love the iphone and the profits and I don't think apple want to leave at&t anyways in u.s however apple is opening up iphone to the rest of the world

at&t has been pushing back android phones for some times now you know it is to make apple happy

you think apple want to compete with all the crazy android phones from sprint, verizon or mobile all the other companies have at least 5-7 android phones for the moment and what at&t got motorola crippled backflip? haha so no at&t love apple and apple love at&t
at&t is releasing another crippled low end aria just to please apple and only after iphone hype has died down August time that is when at&t finally going to let out 5 android phones from htc, dell, sony, acer and etc with the high priced exclusive sony x10a coming to at&t in august so the deal with at&t and apple will continue.

A guy at the apple store told me that Verizon was getting the iphone at the latest announcement.

Anyone who knows what is going to happen is not stupid enough to say anything about it, whether they are your friend or not.

As I've said, T-Mobile exclusively uses the AWS 1700/2100 MHz frequency-band, making it incompatible with other existing 3G UMTS/HSPA networks already established in the United States. On the 5th of January 2010. Both are needed; one for transmit, and one for receive.

Current iPhones do not have the 1700Mhz frequency.

Can't happen, the iPhone would need both GSM bands/frequencies used by T-Mobile, and even the new iPhone doesn't have both......They can't go to T-Mobile, the end. Google the issue.

As I've said, T-Mobile exclusively uses the AWS 1700/2100 MHz frequency-band, making it incompatible with other existing 3G UMTS/HSPA networks already established in the United States. On the 5th of January 2010. Both are needed; one for transmit, and one for receive.

Current iPhones do not have the 1700Mhz frequency.

and those are easy to change in the production phase. you make it sound like its impossible, when in fact its easier than you think.

T-Mobile makes no sense. Smaller 3G footprint than ATT and ever farther away from 4G expansion.

tmobile ain't even got 3g it won't and can't even handle anything in the u.s
they really expecting iphone to be on their network? that is laughable
on the side note sprint and verizon needs to moves to the future and get gsm and drop the cdma

What no 3G on T-Mo ? My Nexus-One is rooted and allows it to grab the new "H" network which is basically 3.5G. It is blazing fast downloads. And great connection .
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

T-Mobile makes no sense. Smaller 3G footprint than ATT and ever farther away from 4G expansion.

makes sense if you look at 2 things.

1)Technology: t-mobile's network is similar to ATT's
T-Mobile’s 3G service operating at 1700MHz and 2100MHz, which closely matches the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS’ 2100MHz 3G. AT&T supports 850MHz and 1900MHz frequencies.

2)Price
Verizon and Apple reportedly have been at odds over the iPhone’s price. Apple wants Verizon to pay $700 per iPhone, while the carrier is paying $400 per Droid

makes sense if you look at 2 things.

1)Technology: t-mobile's network is similar to ATT's

Not really

Not sure how that example fits into anything.

I hate to break it to you guys but no other carrier will see the iPhone before 2012 and that is an indisputable fact regardless of how many baseless rumors circulate the web.

Not really

Not sure how that example fits into anything.

I hate to break it to you guys but no other carrier will see the iPhone before 2012 and that is an indisputable fact regardless of how many baseless rumors circulate the web.

but as I quote

"but my cousin's brother's sister's cousin's uncle's brother saw iphone protype on verizon and tmobile! lawlwlw"

AT&T exclusivity contract with Apple ends sometime in 2011.
Exactly. That's why anyone claiming it's going anywhere before then is well, an idiot.

If Apple were to let Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon carry the iPhone this year
Time for facts. The problem isn't that Apple isn't letting them, the problem is that nobody else wants the iPhone.

Apple first went to Verizon. They got shot down because Verizon didn't want to deal with their bullshit. Apple wanted cut of profits, to control where and how the iPhone is sold and marketed, the warranty process, etc. Verizon didn't want it. And they still don't want it. There's a reason why Apple has had to renew that exclusivity contract for two years versus making more money expanding: NOBODY ELSE WANTS IT!

Of course, this makes Apple look like the idiot here, which is why they won't tell you about it.

If we ever see the iPhone somewhere else, it'll be under better terms than what ATT got.

That was before it was released. Everyone wants it now.
Oh really, would you like to back that up with some proof?

The Verizon CEO says he's willing to talk with Apple. However that was his stance prior to release. "Willing to talk" means he's not head over heels for it... He's only going to do something that benefits the company and the shareholders.

Oh really, would you like to back that up with some proof?

The Verizon CEO says he's willing to talk with Apple. However that was his stance prior to release. "Willing to talk" means he's not head over heels for it... He's only going to do something that benefits the company and the shareholders.

Look how much money ATT is raking in from the iphone. That itself is enough incentive for these companies. And a recent Verizon survey of its customers showed a large portion would buy an iphone, if offered:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9176349/Verizon_customers_lust_for_iPhone_says_survey

So yeah, I'm pretty sure every carrier is looking into picking it up, when exclusivity ends.

Same thing that happened before apple's WWDC - everyone expected apple to release the iphone for verizon.

I'll believe it when I see it on the shelves.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

tmobile ain't even got 3g it won't and can't even handle anything in the u.s
they really expecting iphone to be on their network? that is laughable
on the side note sprint and verizon needs to moves to the future and get gsm and drop the cdma

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=376

Real life performance test prove TMO's "3.5" HSPA+ is faster than Sprint's 4G network. 2nd tab has the raw numbers, look particularly at the upload speeds ...
Is Sprint's 4G network "up to ten times faster" than 3G, as Sprint claims? Eh... based on our tests, we'd say that's misleading. But Sprint's 4G network does work, and it is fast.

Does T-Mobile's HSPA+ network offer "4G speeds". Yes, absolutely. In fact, despite being an upgrade to existing "3G" technology, we found that T-Mobile's HSPA+ network was often slightly faster than Sprint's "4G" network. By some measures, it's much faster.

Look how much money ATT is raking in from the iphone. That itself is enough incentive for these companies. And a recent Verizon survey of its customers showed a large portion would buy an iphone, if offered:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9176349/Verizon_customers_lust_for_iPhone_says_survey

So yeah, I'm pretty sure every carrier is looking into picking it up, when exclusivity ends.

Yea... raking in money at the expense of all other business areas. :rolleyes:
There's a reason Verizon is #1... They make decisions to keep customer satisfaction up. The currently implementation of the iPhone at ATT is obviously not one they want.

A CDMA version of the iPhone makes more sense then developing one that supports T-mobile. There are more than a 100 million subs in the US on CDMA networks, and Apple could easily sell 10-20 million CDMA iPhones a year on both Sprint and Verizon.

Yea... raking in money at the expense of all other business areas. :rolleyes:
There's a reason Verizon is #1... They make decisions to keep customer satisfaction up. The currently implementation of the iPhone at ATT is obviously not one they want.

I'm certainly not an Apple apologist, but you're wrong on this one. Verizon doesn't have the iphone because ATT has exclusivity. You'll see Verizon-branded iphones the day that exclusivity ends.

I'm certainly not an Apple apologist, but you're wrong on this one. Verizon doesn't have the iphone because ATT has exclusivity. You'll see Verizon-branded iphones the day that exclusivity ends.

You realize that exclusivity has ended TWICE before and they've never picked the iPhone up, right???
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, they dont have the iphone because when ATT initially approached them they told them to piss off with their deal.

You realize that exclusivity has ended TWICE before and they've never picked the iPhone up, right???

No it actually has not. Both times it was actually extended before it ended.

No, they dont have the iphone because when ATT initially approached them they told them to piss off with their deal.

That was before the Iphone was released. No argument there. TexUs is trying to say that Verizon still wouldn't pick it up today, given the chance. I think that's dead wrong.

No it actually has not. Both times it was actually extended before it ended.

Hmmm. So you think Verizon and Apple won't talk unless the contract is ended? You think they wouldn't want to mesh out a new contract to be effective when the old one ends?

LOL

Is t-mobiles 3.5g network even implemented anywhere yet?

Not really a compelling argument if you ask me.

Its in a few areas (more then sprints 4g?) and plan to cover 185M by the end of 2010.

hspa+coverage2.jpg

http://t-mobile-coverage.t-mobile.com/hspa#

Best part is most of the 3g smart phones are compatible with the hspa+

Last edited:
Back