Apple's iPhone 5s being announced tomorrow!!

jeeeesus, apart from random rumors on the spec's the looks of that phone is ... wow, don't know how to say it, just amazing.

My only beef with Nokia and their phones.....datfatbezel.jpg

nomsaying?

6mm thin, 1-2mm bezel, and that grey color....and the 41mp camera, with stylus......mmmmmmmmmbuttsex!

Yep, I'm aware -- it's just less than ideal, since you lose some precision with gloves (I've used the 920 in a few such situations).

You can tell that Apple designs smartphones with California in mind, although the reality is that a lot of us don't use our phones when it's particularly cold, even with high-sensitivity phones. The idea of checking Twitter or making a phone call in the cold isn't very pleasant even if you're warmly dressed. :)

Just wear tighter-fitting leather gloves. Done deal.

It looks stunning, I just wish it wasn't a Windows phone.

Look, if, given the Snowden revelations, you people do not think the NSA will be all over this you are amazingly naïve.

Worse than naivety is saying “who cares they can get/already have all fingerprints blah blah blah”

Having a DB full of fingerprints of the most widely used cell phone in history is a wet dream come true for these scumbags.

It isn’t about terror it is about control, if it were about terror they would be looking for individuals and profiling, because it is about control it is about everybody.

I am not paranoid, (anticipating the rebuttal here) just being realistic. There is a reason why this bankrupt country is spending billions on massive spy sats. Because when the shit hits the fan they want to control WHO gets splattered. Who gets splattered? Give you a hint, NOT THEM.

They already have my fingerprints since I'm an immigrant so I'm not too worried about that. However, I do understand your concern that NSA may end up collecting our fingerprints with the help from Apple considering they have had a strong relationship together in the past.

Last edited:

nomsaying?

6mm thin, 1-2mm bezel, and that grey color....and the 41mp camera, with stylus......mmmmmmmmmbuttsex!
This is the real deal (Lumia 1520): http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/11/4720732/nokia-lumia-1520-launch-date-september-26th-rumor
with 3400mAh battery, 20MP OIS camera, microsd card slot, S800.
Panel:
nokia-lumia-phablet8kuv5.png

nomsaying?

Hah, I don't think this one has the extra bezel feature of the past.

The only big issue I have with WP is their lack of gaming selection, but that will probably be a good thing for me!

I'll be willing to bet that Apple will soon change their tune and possibly make a phone in the sub $300 range off contract.

They already do. It will be the 4s.

Come the 20th the 4s will be the bargin phone, the 5c the mid range (replacing the spot where the 5 would have been, but it's basically a 5 but with a plastic shell) and the 5s.

The fact is that Apple has been selling low-end devices since they've had 3 generations of iPhones, and really the 4s is still a great phone for being as old and low end as it is now.

What Apple doesn't have is a extreme low end sub $100 phone. They could easily do this buy selling the 4 with a cheap plastic case, but why bother? You can go and buy a used 4 now for under $100 as it is, and even gently used 4s's come the 20th will be under $200.

The only big issue I have with WP is their lack of gaming selection, but that will probably be a good thing for me!

It may sound stupid to most, but I am switching from Windows Phone (7.8) to the Note 3......

Main reason....(inc bash).....screensavers, and active wallpaper and games......

There are decent games on WP marketplace, fruit ninja is really all I need but I have a few others. I looooove me some majong so I play that often. But wouldn't mind getting more interactive with my phone, rather than the stale static UI that Windows and Apple both have.

It may sound stupid to most, but I am switching from Windows Phone (7.8) to the Note 3......

Main reason....(inc bash).....screensavers, and active wallpaper and games......

There are decent games on WP marketplace, fruit ninja is really all I need but I have a few others. I looooove me some majong so I play that often. But wouldn't mind getting more interactive with my phone, rather than the stale static UI that Windows and Apple both have.

I have similar reasons for sticking with the iPhone's. There are 'more + better' games for iOS. Android has plenty, no doubt. iOS has more though in both quantity and quality.

If it weren't for that fact i'd have moved to an Android phone back in the iPhone 4 days.

Back