AppleCare Question

DoMeHardR

Limp Gawd
I was wondering, if you buy a powerbook for example, if you don't buy AppleCare right away, can you purchase it later and just have it apply from the time you originally bought the laptop? I think someone told me you could do this but I wasn't too sure. Thanks.

fibroptikl

Supreme [H]ardness
You have to purchase AppleCare with in the first year from the time you bought the machine. If you're one day over; your are SOL.

And it just extends the standard 1 year warranty to two years; so it doesn't matter if you bought it at the beginning of your purchase or at the end.

lar5one

n00b
Guess this is halfway off topic, but here goes: I got AppleCare when I bought my laptop, a little reluctant actually (just cause I wanted to save money). I am currently in Europe and one day, BAM, my power supply starts smoking and stops working.
I call AppleCare and two, yes 2, days later a guy from UPS is at my door with a brand new power supply.

I am so glad I shed the extra bucks and got it. It's awesome :D

Deific

Limp Gawd
Small side note.. applecare covers airport stuff too, so like a airport base station. It also covers an Apple Monitor if you bought it at the same time as the powerbook.

Previous comments are right on.